- Highly skilled IT professional with 8+ years of experience in Business Process Management, Business Intelligence, Business Analysis, System Analysis and Quality Assurance across multiple functional areas.
- Experience with documenting standards and operating procedures for SOC2 readiness.
- Enabling compliance to industry regulations (privacy and security) by implementing industry best practices within business processes.
- Experience with optimizing, developing, and re - engineering technology delivery processes.
- Experience with leveraging tool sets for scanning environments and assets.
- Experience with IT Asset Management- procurement and management.
- Developed and implemented change management for process delivery and the transformation comprised of re-building a channel for workflow and providing roadmap for multiple teams in the organization.
- Implemented controls and metrics to improve tech delivery.
- Helped implement system changes to adhere to revised DOL requirements.
- Built a transformational concept of Mobile office that resulted in Innovation prototypes being built into products through a UI/UX studio and Digital factory.
- Collaborated with multiple customer entities to conceptualize and implement digital factories, innovation factories, Mobile office and a complete end-to-end digital enablement road-map.
- Conducted multiple digital innovation workshops to identify the digital (mobile, social and cloud) disruptions and the transformation approach (business and technology) for the same.
- Excellent Analytical skills to understand the business process and Functionality, Requirements and to translate them to system requirement specifications.
- Created artifacts and templates to enhance tech team engagement.
- Conceptualized and implemented various IP Solutions / Products with niche business value proposition and a very high ROI.
- Extensive experience recently writing/developing use cases for API’s transitioning from SOAP to REST.
- Worked extensively with Jira.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Life Cycle, Agile Scrum/Kanban.
- Developing functional specifications for business process refinement and automation, data modeling, system Architecture, conducting feasibility studies, scope.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, design and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers and to limit a project’s exposure to the forces of change
- Experience in consulting with other teams to implement new rules on measuring success after program life.
- Experience in writing queries/scripts for data analysis and QA report testing.
- Experience in working with large teams, and being proactive in keeping everyone informed about the ongoing projects and requests.
- Excellent analytical skills to understand the business process, functionality, and requirements to translate them to system requirement specifications.
- Reliable, hardworking individual, with good interpersonal and communication skills, in order to work with different teams that operate in different methodologies.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, LinuxNetMRI, Ansible, Salesforce.com
Business modeling and requirement management Tools: MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Project, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, JIRA, Rally, Doors, PALMClear Quest, Quality Center
Languages: HTML, C- language
Database: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Content Management: MS Share Point, Office 365
Testing Tools: Software Application Testing Life Cycle, HP ALM
Other Tools: Project, Share point, IBM Watson, IBM Data Stage, SAS, Mainframe, Tableau
Software Methodologies: (SDLC) Agile Safe, Waterfall, Kanban, Scrum
Documentation Tools: Confluence/JIRA, MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau
Requirement Management Tools: DOORS, Rational Requisite Pro, Blueprint Requirement CenterVISIO (8 years), TESTING (7 years), MS VISIO (6 years), EXCEL (5 years), UML (5 years)
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Business Process Engineer
- Gathered requirements from the business for HSA, HRA, FSA and VEBA claims database to create a mobile application and redesign member portal.
- Managed and integrated in-house SOAP APIs for our new member portal and mobile app.
- Responsible for a project moving SOAP to REST API’s, including developing use cases and writing all use cases for 80+ API’s
- Coordinated and facilitated work sessions with Medicare Operations users and IT development to define projects' scope and requirements and manage project expectations.
- Created Use Case documents and process flow diagrams using the vendor user stories.
- Facilitated regular scrum meetings, and managed sprints regularly, including with the onshore and offshore team.
- Converted customer requirements into effective use cases, Epics and User Stories.
- Gathered requirements from the client, preparing questionnaires about the product, conducting online meetings with stakeholders to enable data mining at multiple levels.
- Worked on User Password Authentication and Access Management project that led to 30% increased security and productivity and reduced the incoming calls to the help desk.
- Worked closely with the UX design team to create InVisions for the project and regularly made changes to it when there were updates on business requirements.
- Facilitated Project Status meetings and reported a status document to the stakeholders.
- Assessed the evaluated the current delivery process and identified a need for change in Practiced Agile Project Management processes for greater flexibility and customer interaction in the development of member portal management system.
- Involved in gathering requirements, developing test plan, designing the test steps, writing test cases and running test scripts using Quality Center.
- Exported test cases from Excel and requirements from MS Word to Quality Center.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Developed and maintained requirements work plan and assess the performance metrics of the team members.
- Implemented a Commercial-off-the-shelf software for making sure enrollment processes are well defined.
- Maintained a bi-weekly status report for the requirements team and in corporate the same for the PMO department.
- Model the 'as-is' process flow and the 'to-be' process flow and analyzed the gap and developed the action steps to fill the gaps.
- Worked closely with the CEO and CIO to come up with a strategic approach for project delivery process.
- Convinced the C level managers to implement new risk management approach and documented those requests and plans.
- Conducted risk analysis and develop mitigation plan to develop the User Interface (UI) prototypes to capture and validate requirements and spike solutions to the current problem.
- Created standards / guidelines for business process modeling, Use Cases, Work Flows, Data Dictionary, and requirements specifications.
- Developed UAT test cases associated with the functional requirements.
- Analyzed requirements and formulate a Test Plan for testing the functionality, navigation, and integration testing of the application
- Created automation test scripts in QTP for testing various web applications.
- Created the test plan to serve as a guidance for integration testing the software code.
- Created test cases for manual testing of certain software elements.
- Created and tracked defects through their entire lifecycle from analysis through to fix deployment in the test environment.
- Developed ETL mapping document for various vendor files received for claims.
- Generate Integration Test and UAT reports to track the status of testing of the EDI 834, 835, 820 837, and XML files.
Sr. Business Process Engineer
- Built effective relationships with clients to develop a joint vision for the project.
- Acted as liaison between the business and the IT design and delivery teams.
- Partnered with QA team SMEs to ensure adequate test coverage.
- Wrote Use Cases for eAnnuity application that was developed to make it available for over 200+ agents for variable annuities and fixed income annuities.
- Documented standards and operation procedures for audit purposes.
- Meeting with business stakeholders to conduct brainstorming and requirements gathering sessions.
- Involved in creating Test Strategy for User Acceptance Testing.
- Consulted with business team to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements.
- Ensured that the requirements set forth by the business are captured and documented correctly before the solution is developed and implemented.
- Worked with PMO team in defining project delivery methodology and templates, and created status report bi-weekly to the PMO office.
- Analyzed processes As-Is and developed To-Be; ensured that the context and implications of change were understood by the clients and the project team.
- Developed an understanding of how present and future business needs will impact the solution; developed a risk analysis document.
- Provided guidance to the project team regarding the in-depth business domain and assist them in technology development.
- Worked as a high-level business expert/ consultant to the project owners and executives in shaping the strategic decision-making process.
Environment: Windows XP, MS Office, UML, SQL, Rational Rose, MS Visio, Rational Clear Case, Requisite Pro.Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked on QREP (Quality Reporting Enterprise Platform), this application is used by all the major projects in Confidential for reporting purpose and delivered the reporting application successfully.
- Developed Business Impact Analysis' (BIAs) identifying critical systems, facilities, internal organizations and processes.
- Helped in planning to update the existing Digital Technology in the organization to support more client servers without a third-party vendor.
- Projected the systems artifacts with visual representation to the business and made changes according to their preferences and suitability.
- Used group discussion sessions, and one-on-one meetings to identify business and System Requirements, and documented using Use Case Modeling, Process Flow diagrams and documentation.
- Integrated this platform with the existing mobile application for easy loan submission and approval process.
- Facilitated status call meetings regularly and updated the stakeholders accordingly.
- Created and managed REST API documentation in Confluence, a compilation of our service inventory.
- Prepared XML and JSON schema.
- Created product roadmap for the various stages and releases thought the project lifecycle.
- Helped UX design team to understand the requirements and helped them build a dup for development purposes.
- Conducted JAD sessions with stakeholders, end users and SME, to determine the critical business processes and identification key functional requirements.
- Actively conducted and participated daily standup meeting with team to know the status and progress of the requirements as a part of Kanban process.
- Assisted with User Acceptance Testing (UAT), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Maintained all the stories and tasks in Jira which was used to know the status of requirements.
Environment: Windows 7, MS Office, Oracle 10g, Oracle EBS R12, REST API, SOAP, Tableau, Agile, UML, MS Visio, Rally, SQL, Win runner, SWOT analysis, JIRA, JSON, Web Services, Quality center, TableauConfidential, Washington, DC
- Attended various meetings with development and processing team to consider the existing systems architecture.
- Gathered requirements from the existing system to the proposed system.
- Interacted with the SME's regarding the software process flows and reporting options.
- Translated Business requirements to functional and technical language with the help of Use cases and UML diagrams for developers.
- Handled the development of Business Requirement Documents (BRD) resulting from JAD sessions.
- Gathered workflow requirements for multi-level approval workflows
- Conducted daily standup meetings for status (Agile).
- Acted as key point of contact and arranged weekly status calls with client to ensure the project deliverables are on time and of high quality.
- Created presentations for meetings using power point.
- Performed Functional Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for business users.
- Performed test reviews of project team members based on requirements and analyzed data using Mainframe.
- Worked as an Interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes.
Environment: MS-Office, MS Access, Excel VBA, Windows XP, Power point, SQL, Visual studio 2012, Main frame, SQL 2005and Visio.Confidential, Minneapolis
Business Systems Analyst
- Worked in Trust operations to gather requirements for a migration change from Trust 3000 platform to SWP platform.
- Scheduled Kanban meetings with the business and IT to gather information to put into PDD's.
- Holding working sessions with the business to ensure PDD is complete.
- Worked on re-engineering the existing portal for help adapt new features and extend compatibility.
Environment: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), MS-Project, Windows 2000, SQL server, Rally, Oracle EBS R12, Windows 7, JIRA, XML, XSD, Agile Scrum, Wordpress, Drupal 7, REST API, JSON