- Senior Microstrategy Developer with 8 plus years of experience in implementation of Microstrategy suite, reporting services, OLAP environments and tools, along with strong analytical skills.
- Experience in MicroStrategy tool Suite with MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Administrator, MicroStrategy Architect, MicroStrategy Desktop, Microstrategy schematic modeling, MicroStrategy OLAP Provider, MicroStrategy Web services, Microstrategy Narrowcast Server, Microstrategy SDK.
- Ability to manage project across multiple locations and cross - functional departments, Strong documentation and reporting skills.
- Skilled in populating warehouse catalog, creating attributes, facts, transformations and hierarchies and application objects such as metrics, filters and prompts.
- Expert in designing Schema, Public Objects, Reports, Dashboards, Scorecards in MicroStrategy.
- Experienced with different kinds of Dashboards like traditional performance summary, traditional metric, dynamic content and dynamic visualization dash boards applications and Score carding.
- Adept in Dash Boarding and Documents, worked extensively on panel stacks, widgets and customized the web.
- Created bulk objects using MicroStrategy Command Manager.
- Well versed with the Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes.
- Involved in the complete software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Strong SQL Skills related to information retrieval and analysis.
- Experience in Designing Data Marts using different multi-dimensional modeling techniques such as Star Schema and Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables, Logical and Physical data modeling.
- Involved at all stages of the data warehousing project, setting up the schema and architecture, developing reports, security and deploying to end users.
- Experience in implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions and Strong skills of working with databases like SQL Server, Oracle 11/10g/9i, PL/SQL, Composite Start Studio 7.0, DB2, Netezza, Teradata.
- Experienced in Agile/ Sprints and Waterfall Process.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Adjust to new and challenging situations with experience in handling pressure situations and problem solving.
- Excellent multitasking capability, efficiently plan and prioritize projects with strong technical and business management skills.
BI Tools: MicroStrategy 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1.1/9.0/9.2/9.3.1/9.4/10.2 (MicroStrategy Desktop/Web, Mobile/IPad, Intelligence Server, Narrowcast Server, Report services, Business Objects
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g, SQL Server 2012, IBM DB2, IBM Netezza, Teradata.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8/10.7/10.6, Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/NT/98/95,MS-DOS,UNIX, Linux
Programming: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Object Oriented Programming
Applications: Microsoft office suites 2010, 2013, SQL*Loader and TOAD for Oracle /DB2, SSRS, SSAS, Composite, Rally and Kanban board.
Virtual Environment: VMware server/Workstation. Microsoft Virtual PC, Oracle Virtual box
Sr. Microstrategy/ BI Developer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Worked with Product owner and business analyst to define requirements as per user’s requests.
- Worked as a lead from Caremart project for MSTR upgrade from 9.4 to 10.2. Created Detailed Test Plan and Test Cases and documented test results for major reports before and after the upgrade.
- Generated reports using Advanced Metric objects, Filters, Prompts and also created Customized Templates to facilitate the End users to create customized reports by choosing Filters, Metrics and Report Attributes.
- Involved in creating MicroStrategy objects like Metrics (Conditional, Transformational, Dimensional, and Compound), Filters, Prompts (Filter, Object), Templates and Reports
- Generated different kinds of Pass-Through Functions and used for time filters like current month and previous year etc
- Worked on Dash Boarding and Documents on a daily basis, worked extensively on panel stacks, widgets, and customized the web.
- Worked on Tidal Application environment creating services using subscription sets, schedules, Information objects.
- Performed Administration tasks, like User Creation, Session Handling, Creating Security roles, Analyzing Report performance, administered all aspects of web and intelligence server.
- Extensively worked with MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Web and MicroStrategy Administrator reporting basics using MicroStrategy Desktop and MicroStrategy Web.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy prompt, Filter, Template, Consolidation, and Custom Group objects in an enterprise data warehouse team environment.
- Extensively worked in both Ad-hoc and Standard Reporting Environments and Involved in creating Reports scalable to large volumes of data.
- Managed projects through entire Systems Development Life Cycle, including creating timely/thorough status reports and leading status meetings.
- Used MicroStrategy Agent (Templates, Filters, and Metrics) to generate advanced reports in grid, graph, and SQL mode, consisting of data analysis by combining a template with filters.
- Performed validation in composite tool from where the data has been pulled after the ETL processing is done and has been used for reporting purpose.
- Used Netezza to check the ETL process for both composite views and ETL data.
- Worked on creating and migrating the package in object manager, from lower to higher environments and vice-versa.
- Developed customized and Ad-hoc reports using Templates, Metrics and Filters for Business analysis using MicroStrategy Agent with features of Drilling options.
- Used Auto Prompts filter feature to give the end-user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Involved in various back end ETL development tasks and Production Support.
- Worked on excel formatting, macros and templates of the documents which are used in different services.
- Validated reports to check data flow from composite target view and checked against source to make sure that data is populating right.
- Worked on the service desk tickets raised by the business users on a daily basis and used Rally and to Log defects, determined priorities and tracked the defects until resolution.
- As a Scrum team member, participated in daily standup meetings, project status meetings, as well as retrospective meetings and sprint reviews.
Environment: SQL Server, Oracle 11, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, PuTTy0 .6, Netezza, Composite Start Studio7.0, Micro strategy 9.4 and 10.2.
Senior MicroStrategy Developer
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
- Worked with business requirements subject matter experts to identify and understand requirements and produce the report design specification.
- Gathered the requirements from End Users and prepared Low Level Designs and High Level Designs for designing the reports.
- Developed Schema Objects like Facts, Attributes, and Hierarchies and assigned relationships like one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many between different attributes.
- Closely worked with ETL team for maintaining the quality of data for building the Reports.
- Worked extensively on creating Application Objects like Metrics (level, conditional etc.), Compound Metrics, Filters, Custom Groups and Consolidations to generate reports for business analysis using the Microstrategy Desktop and Microstrategy Web Interfaces.
- Created various reports, Data sets and then used those for building Dash Boards and enabled flash mode as per user's request.
- Used several new controls for Dashboards like time series slider, radio buttons, and drop down menus for the flash version of the dashboards in 9.4.
- Created Transformations for using in comparative reports like sales this year to previous year.
- Created Security roles, Security Filters and assigned them to groups and users to meet the corporate requirements.
- Created drill maps for end users to drill up, down, with across hierarchies and recover data.
- Performed routine administrator tasks during absence of MicroStrategy administrator.
- Extensively worked with Object Manager to migrate the MicroStrategy Objects from development to QA and then to production environment.
- Tested all the reports by running queries against the warehouse using Query man. Also compared those queries with the MicroStrategy SQL engine generated queries.
- Created Ad-hoc Reports by drilling up, down, with across hierarchies.
- Analysis made with MSFT SSAS Tabular for revenue analysis and Category analysis.
- Involved in upgrading MicroStrategy v9.3.1 to MicroStrategy v9.4.1.
- Developed Auto Prompt Filters that gave user a choice of different filtering criteria.
- Extensively used Integrity Manager to test reports when upgraded from MicroStrategy v9.3.1 to MicroStrategy v9.4.1.
- Used MicroStrategy Narrowcast server to deliver reports directly to business users by various delivery methods.
- Provided Business user training for the MicroStrategy Desktop/Web.
- Created the Metadata & Statistic tables for the MicroStrategy projects.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.4.1/9.3.1 (MicroStrategy Administrator, MicroStrategy Architect, MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, MicroStrategy Object Manager, MicroStrategy Enterprise Manager, MicroStrategy OLAP Services, MicroStrategy Project Manager, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server), Teradata 13.0, Oracle 11g, UNIX, Windows7.
Senior MicroStrategy Developer
Confidential, Norwalk, CT
- Communicated with business for gathering information, maintaining and customizing the standard reports.
- Created Customized Templates to facilitate the End users to create customized reports by choosing Filters, Metrics and Report Attributes.
- Developed various Auto prompts to give end users a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Involved in troubleshooting the Report related issues and provided fix to the same.
- Created Complex Retail Company’s payment related reports using advanced relationship filters, Dimensional Metrics.
- Created the required views in the database and mapped into Microstrategy.
- Created reports using advanced relationship filters and by getting data from combination of different fact tables.
- Worked mainly on creating the Report services document with multi-layouts and designed to support all the export versions (Excel, PDF and Flash).
- Created Attributes and facts with complex apply Simple functions. Defined the Schema Objects, which includes Hierarchies, Attributes, Facts and Application Objects like Metrics, Filters, and Prompts.
- Worked on changes to the existing dashboard, which has almost 20 dashboard pointers using the Iframes.
- Drilling options (Drill up down across) were used to generate ad hoc reports.
- Extensively used report services for creating summary level Enterprise Dashboards using Grid/Graphs, Gauges, Dials and Advanced Visualizations.
- Created Level metrics, advanced filters, prompts.
- Created and Deployed Multi Panel Dashboards, Multiple Images, Hyperlinks and edit links to navigate the documents between the hierarchy elements of the project.
- Successfully completed different dashboard projects (web and mobile-IPAD) to provide users the convenience of doing data analysis in a better way.
- Worked on tuning the SQL to improve the performance of the existing reports.
- Developed mobile dashboards for the IPAD application and added required changes to it after moving to production environment.
- Worked with ETL Developers to resolve the data issues.
- Experience in creating Reusable Transformations (Joiner, Sorter, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Normalizer and Rank) and Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets.
- Experience in creating Reusable Tasks (Sessions, Command, Email) and Non-Reusable Tasks (Decision, Event Wait, Event Raise, Timer, Assignment, Work let, Control).
- Extensively worked on developing and debugging Informatica mappings, mapplets, sessions and workflows
- Created cubes to improve the performance of reports and Report Services documents.
- Worked through entire development process including testing of the Reports, Report Services documents and migrating those objects from Dev to Prod.
Environment: MicroStrategy Desktop 9.2.1, 9.3.1, 9.4.1 MicroStrategy Web 9.2.1,9.3.1, 9.4.1 MicroStrategy Intelligence Server 9.2.1, 9.3.1, 9.4.1 (Sandbox), MSTR Enterprise Manager, MSTR Mobile, Informatica Power Center 9.1.0
Microstrategy Report Developer
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Participated in team meetings to discuss user requirements and Analysis on feasibility.
- Analyzed the data warehouse data and detected the data quality issues and recommended corrective courses of action.
- Created and established KPI's based on BRD and logical data model.
- Created various MicroStrategy objects such as Metrics (simple, compound and Conditional), Filters, and Prompts and unit testing before migrating them in to UAT.
- Used Advanced Prompts, Conditional, Transformation metrics and Level metrics for creating complex reports.
- Created transformation metrics (Table Based and Expression Based) for YTD (Year to date), MTD (Month to date) and WTD (Week to date) analysis.
- Implementing Report Data Options, Formatting, using Dynamic Dates, VLDB Properties, Advanced Sorting, Attributes and Metric join types, Prompt Ordering, Totals, and Outline Mode.
- Involved in Customer Support, Maintenance & Performance Tuning of reports.
- Created different static and prompted filter conditions for Metrics and Reports.
- Created Advanced filters using Apply functions. (Apply Simple and Apply Comparison).
- Created reports with various object prompts to generate various Ad hoc reports.
- Involved in creation of views, which act as Data Mart tables.
- Created Drill Maps for drill paths in report for data analysis at different levels including Templates.
- Developed Custom groups and Consolidations for elements qualification and grouping.
- Worked on Dynamic Dashboard documents for Field marketing people with multiple panel stacks, selectors and customized widgets.
- Created Logical View to overcome slowly changing Dimension at Product level.
- Testing and Validating MSTR reports in different environments (DEV, UAT and PROD) for consistency.
- Created migration forms According to their dependent objects order for moving objects from one environment to another.
- Set up report level security depending on MicroStrategy user login.
- Created subscriptions and schedules using Distribution Services. Creation of Intelligent Cubes and sharing to reduce the database load and decreasing the report execution time by using the cube services.
- Created custom attribute functionalities using OLAP services.
- Design, build and maintain all MicroStrategy schema objects (attributes, facts, hierarchies).
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.0.1(Architect, Desktop, Report services, Dashboards, Enterprise Manager), SQL Server 2008 R2 (Metadata).
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
- Worked closely with the end users and internal business analysts for data requirements gathering design prioritized business goals and information needs.
- Generated report for web-based query using MicroStrategy Web
- Created the Technical Specification Documents for the reports for Business sign-off and acceptance.
- Used MicroStrategy Architect to create Facts Attributes Relationships and Hierarchies.
- Extensively worked in developing Metrics Derived metrics Compound metrics and Filters for complex reports.
- Worked on the performance tuning of the MicroStrategy reports.
- Analyze and develop the new objects in Dev environment and after testing the objects and reports migrated to Production Environment using Object Manager.
- Designed the MicroStrategy Architectural Documents for the Projects.
- Developed Tested and Implemented Narrowcast server objects like Documents and Schedules necessary for the generation of Narrowcast Services.
- Proactively created report formats and delivered personalized messages from the Data warehouse through MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server to a wide range of users.
- Created/enhanced catalogs and set user profiles to grant user permissions for querying.
- Worked heavily on Performance tuning to reduce the run time of MicroStrategy reports drastically
by changing the VLDB properties reducing the number of SQL passes additional index creation etc.
- Using MicroStrategy excel delivered embedded reports to the end-users.
- Created logical data model, recognized source tables and columns, to build Attributes, Facts, Transformations, Hierarchies and Relationships necessary to create a MicroStrategy project.
- Created Consolidations Custom Groups and Prompts for the reports.
- Automated excel to generate Monthly and weekly status Project Reports.
- Created Dashboard and Scoreboard reports and used various Widgets for best visual effects.
- Involved in training the end users with MicroStrategy Web reports.
- Participated in review sign-off and communication of all changes or modifications to reports.
- Experience in MicroStrategy Administration like Creation of new user’s roles privileges shared folders access controls Lists.
- Knowledge of MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Web and MicroStrategy Administrator reporting basics using MicroStrategy Desktop and MicroStrategy Web.
Environment: MicroStrategy Desktop 9.0.2, MicroStrategy Web 9.0.2, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server 9.0.2 (Sandbox), SQL Query analyzer, MSTR Enterprise Manager.
- Involved in collecting the business requirements and documenting the specifications
- Created complex reports using Custom groups, Consolidations, Compound metrics, Hierarchy Prompts, Nested Filters.
- Created logical data models, recognize source tables and columns, to build MicroStrategy Schema objects including Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies and Relationships.
- Created Dynamic Enterprise Dashboards and utilized the new features to convert the dashboards into Flash mode.
- Used Management studio for testing and troubleshooting reports with the custom SQL compared to SQL generated by MicroStrategy reports
- Designed and Developed Dynamic Dashboards using various selectors and widgets like time series slider etc.
- Interacted with users from different functional teams across the organization in gathering requirements for developing departmental dashboards and Key Performance Index corporate dashboards.
- Created test cases using Quality Center for MicroStrategy reports for the upgrade project.
- Used Integrity manager for testing the reports SQL, Graphs, Totals etc.… for the upgrade projects.
- Unit testing of MSTR reports and troubleshooting the production issues.
- Conducted data validation testing to ensure data quality
- Worked in optimizing SQL using VLDB properties like and Report Data Options to reduce the run time of the reports.
Environment: MicroStrategy 8.1x/8.0x, Oracle 10g, Toad, Windows XP.
- Used MicroStrategy Desktop in creating different Reports to meet the in-house Business Requirements.
- Generated and implemented advanced MicroStrategy Reports concepts by creating projects, Attributes, Hierarchies, Facts, Metrics, Filters, and Templates using MicroStrategy Architect, MicroStrategy Agent.
- Extensively used Filters, Facts, Consolidations, Transformations and Custom Groups to generate reports for Business analysis.
- Gone through various levels of Dimensionalities to execute the reports with different result sets.
- Used Project Creation wizard for creating Facts and Attributes.
- Created Complex Metrics using different Conditional and Level settings.
- Created Complex reports for Analysis with Transformations, Custom Groups and Complex Filters.
- Created Complex Filters with advanced qualifications involving the 'Apply' functions.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy Prompts, Filters, Templates, Consolidations, and Custom Group objects in an enterprise data warehouse team environment.
- Created Transformations to use in comparative reports like Sales this year to Sales last year.
- Created reports for sales and marketing with the drill down methodology in all options.
- Tested all the reports by running queries against the warehouse-using Query man. Also compared those queries with the MicroStrategy SQL engine generated queries.
Environment: MicroStrategy 7.5x/8.0x, Desktop, Narrowcast Server, UNIX/LINUX, Window XP, oracle 9i, SQL.