- 4+ years of Strong experience with full Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) which includes Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing, Deployment, Production Support and Maintenance.
- 4+ years of extensive experience in designing, developing, deploying, testing and documenting BI solutions. Excellent understanding of MicroStrategy v10, v9 Desktop Designer, MicroStrategy Web Professional, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, MicroStrategy Enterprise Manager, MicroStrategy Architect, Report/Dashboard Development, Administration.
- MicroStrategy certified Project Designer and Report Developer.
- Expertise in gathering requirements from business users to build future applications as per defined MicroStrategy standards. Good experience in schema objects (Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, and Transformations). Expertise in developing Application Objects (filters, prompts, metrics, Custom Groups, Consolidations, DrillMaps, Templates, Searches) developed complex Reports, Documents and Dashboards.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Data Warehousing concepts such as Dimensional Modeling, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Data Marts, OLAP, Fact and Dimension Tables.
- Experienced in performance tuning of Web & Mobile Dashboards for better user experience. Created variety of dashboards including Operational Analysis, Offer & Campaign Analysis, Sales Analysis, Executive Summary, Financial Summary & KPI Dashboards.
- Worked on performance tuning of various MicroStrategy Reports in MicroStrategy Desktop by tuning the VLDB properties and by various design techniques.
- Expertise in using Pass - Through functions like Apply Simple and Apply Comparison to develop complex Filters and Transformations.
- Experience in working with MicroStrategy Security model including Users, Groups, Security Roles and Security filters.
- Experienced in using MicroStrategy Object Manager to migrate the objects between Development, UAT and Production servers. Hands on Experience in MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server & Distribution Services for delivering reports. Proficient with different data base systems like SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, Netezza, PostgreSQL and DB2.
- Ability to test backend applications by writing SQL, PL/SQL and Unix Shell Scripting.
- Strong experience with client interaction, understanding business applications, business data flow and data relations.
- Experienced in maintaining and creating database objects like tables, views, indexes, sequences, synonyms etc., Experienced in development of stored and application procedures, packages, database triggers and functions.
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology including Sprint Review, Daily Standup, Sprint Plan, User Story Points and Code Review meetings.
- Self-motivated, dedicated and team player with excellent communication skills and curiosity to learn new technologies and can work with minimal supervision. At ease in interacting with people at all levels, able to work under pressure.
Business Intelligence: MicroStrategy 9.x/10.x, Tableau 9, and QlikView
Database: Oracle, MS Access, MS SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL
Data Modeling: ERwin, MS VISIO, and TOAD
Programming Language: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Unix shell scripting, C, C++
Operating System: Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X
ETL: SSIS, Informatica
Other: Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, MATLAB, RapidMiner
Confidential, Dallas, Tx
- Analyzed the business model to understand the existing systems and business requirements.
- Communicated with the users, architects and business analysts to understand the requirements of dynamic dashboards and reports.
- Worked extensively in creating MicroStrategy Application Objects such as Compound Metrics, Level Metrics, complex Filters, Custom Groups, Consolidations, and nested Prompts.
- Created and modified attributes, facts, hierarchies and transformation objects as part of the development work for a project. Employed various schema modeling techniques like compound attributes, heterogeneous mapping, role attributes by aliasing the tables and other techniques.
- Ensured proper relationships were established between the attributes to avoid any improper SQL query joins.
- Ensured that the logical sizes of the tables were properly set to facilitate the selection of the right tables by SQL engine for a given query.
- Created Logical views in MicroStrategy for complex report creation scenarios. Used free form SQL editor for complex report creation.
- Developed scorecards and dashboards that provide users a highly graphical, summary view of key metrics. Created Advanced Dashboards with panel stacks, complicated grids and graphs, customized widgets (time series slider, gauges, bubble graphs) both in flash and Interactive modes.
- Create Drilling paths and implemented those into reports so that user can Drill across different System and User hierarchies.
- Worked with MicroStrategy Object Manager to move objects among the Development, Test, and Prod environments.
- Created Transformations (table based, formula based) for using in comparative reports like claims this year to last year (year to date and month to date). Extensively used Distribution Services of MicroStrategy 9 to deliver documents and dashboards to End users.
Environment: MicroStrategy 10.2/9.4 (Architect, Intelligence server, Web, Web Universal, Desktop), Report Services, Teradata, SQL Server, Windows Server 8.
- Performed Customer Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, End User Acceptance Presentations, Implementation and Post Production support.
- Took part in full data warehousing application lifecycle starting from creating logical and physical data model, to implement and test ETL processes in Netezza environment.
- Extensively worked with MicroStrategy desktop in creating attributes, facts, metrics, hierarchies, transformations, hierarchies, custom groups, prompts to be used in generating reports according to the needs of business.
- Designed various kinds of reports like scorecards, dashboards, Operational reports and ADHOC reports. Developed complex SQL queries and involved in setting up VLDB properties for performance.
- Created dashboards in Interactive/Flash Mode by using multiple Panels, Selectors and dynamically passed multiple values from the selectors to the reports linked in Dashboard.
- Used Pass through Functions like Apply Simple & Apply Comparison to meet the report requirements wherever necessary.
- Involved in Offshore coordination, attend daily status meetings with offshore team. Very Strong Experience in MicroStrategy Report Services, Experience in developing Dashboard & Mobile Reports. Developed MicroStrategy Dynamic Dashboards in various modes and also worked extensively on widgets.
- Created Metadata Repository and Statistical tables, Configured Intelligence Server and upgraded projects using the Configuration Wizard.
- Worked on performance tuning of reports, Dashboards and score cards. Configured Enterprise Manger and developed customized reports to depict the usage and Performance of reports, User activity and Cache analysis. Created Metrics, Prompts, Filters, and Custom Groups for the report development.
- Used Customer, Product, Payment, Geographic and Time dimensions and generated reports like forecasting. Extracted and analyzed data from the database using SQL to troubleshoot reports as needed using MicroStrategy ODBC Test tools.
- Extensively used Report Services to generate Documents for exporting to Excel & PDF. Worked in Agile methodology including Sprint Review, Daily Standup, Sprint Plan and Code Review meetings.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.2.1 (Architect, Intelligence server, Web, Web Universal, Narrowcast server, Desktop), Report Services, Oracle 10g, Teradata, Toad, SQL Server, ERWIN, Windows Server 8.
- Responsible for converting business specifications into technical specifications. Developed, Maintained, Enhanced, tested and leveraged the enterprise Reports based on clients’ needs.
- Designed and developed advanced grid reports, documents, Web & Mobile dashboard Applications for different clients.
- Created Dynamic Web, Mobile & Visual Insights Dashboards using features like Panel Stacks, Selectors, Information Windows and Widgets like Time Series Slider, Interactive Bubble Chart, Thermometer, ESRI Map, Data Cloud, Heat Map etc.
- Created Dynamic Dashboards showing Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly performance metrics using various graphs and widgets. Created and modified MicroStrategy Schema objects (such as Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies, Transformations etc.), Application Objects (such as Reports, Documents, Metrics, Filters, Prompts, Templates, Consolidations, Custom groups etc.) and Configuration Objects (such as project, database instances, users, user groups, security role etc.) using MicroStrategy Developer and/or Web.
- Created complex metrics involving MTD/YTD Transformations and Level Dimensionality. Troubleshooting MicroStrategy objects like Attributes, Facts, Transformations, Metrics, Prompts, Filters, Templates, Consolidations, and Custom Group.
- Created Intelligent Cubs to improve performance. Used Distribution Services for timely distribution of reports to users. Worked in MicroStrategy Administration creating new users, roles, privileges, shared folders, access controls lists.
- Used the VLDB properties for performance tuning and SQL optimization. Created Free-Form SQL reports for short-term reports, ad-hoc requests that are not supported by existing schema model.
- Responsible for providing on time deliverable solutions to clients. Installed and configured all of MicroStrategy products including Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Desktop, Object Manager, Command Manager, Web and MicroStrategy Narrowcast on Servers and mapping to Client machines.
- Configured Enterprise Manager 9.4.1 Suggested Database Schematic Changes to Database Administrators to improve MicroStrategy repots performance.
- Created Ad-hoc reports by gathering specific requirements from the different users. Extensively involved in troubleshooting support and resolving all outstanding issues.
- Efficiently handle and Manage production support activities through Incident Management. Troubleshoot and tune MicroStrategy reports by analyzing the generated SQL to determine data issues such as double counting, hitting incorrect fact tables, joins and insufficient data.
- Unit tested report layouts, validated the SQL query, prompt ordering & defaults, security filters, export/print functionality and drilling options.
- Created Advanced Dashboards with panel stacks, complicated grids and graphs, customized widgets (time series slider, gauges, bubble graphs) both in flash and Interactive modes.
- Played a key role in User Acceptance Testing of the reports. Tested all the reports by running queries against the warehouse-using SQL Assistant.
Environment: MicroStrategy Desktop 9.0.1, MicroStrategy Object Manager, MicroStrategy Command Manager, MicroStrategy Enterprise Manager, Dashboards, SQL Server 2008, Teradata V2R6.0, Erwin 4.5 and Windows 2003.
- Involved in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance. Applied Normalization concepts in the new database design. Created Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers and generated DDL and DML scripts.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries, checking the most expensive queries using Explain Plan. Developed SQL queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links.
- Used hyperlinks in oracle reports to further drill down or to get the report output file in a different format.
- Experience in debugging and error handling using oracle defined exceptions and user defined exceptions. Documented business rules, functional and technical designs, test cases, and user guides.
- Implemented Data Mining in MicroStrategy by creating Training Metrics using various techniques like Time Series Analysis, Cluster Analysis, Regression etc. for sales and revenue forecasting. Involved in meetings with business users to discuss and finalize the requirements and design of the reports.
- Developed Schema Objects like Facts, Attributes, and Hierarchies and assigned relationships like one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many between different attributes.
- Designed various Dashboards reports , which provide practical ability for business users to design and refine their own reports without programming.
- Created Security roles, Security Filters and assigned them to groups and users to meet the corporate requirements. Worked in setting up Data-Schema .
- Extensively worked with Object Manager to migrate the MicroStrategy Objects from development to QA and then to production environment.
- Tested all the reports by running queries against the warehouse using Query man. Also compared those queries with the MicroStrategy SQL engine generated queries.
- Worked on an on-going basis gather MicroStrategy system stats and process runtimes for system improvements. Created Ad-hoc Reports by drilling up, down, with across hierarchies.
- Experienced in doing the quick POC's to satisfy business requests. Extensively involved in troubleshooting support and resolving all outstanding issues. Involved in managing Migration of MicroStrategy projects and objects from Dev to Testing and to prod.
- Extensively involved in troubleshooting support and resolving all outstanding issues. Efficiently handle and Manage production support activities through Incident Management.
- Troubleshoot and tune MicroStrategy reports by analyzing the generated SQL to determine data issues such as double counting, hitting incorrect fact tables, joins and insufficient data.
- Unit tested report layouts, validated the SQL query, prompt ordering & defaults, security filters, export/print functionality and drilling options. Experienced in giving the training for non-technical users and providing customer support.
Environment: MicroStrategy Desktop 9, MicroStrategy Administration, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, MS SQL Server 2003, Windows XP.