- 7 years of experience in System Designing, Analysis, Application Development, Maintenance, Implementation and Project Management.
- Experience in requirements gathering and interacting with the business users and transforming the Business Requirements to functional specs as per the Best Practices.
- Experience with Business Objects modules like Designer, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Rich Client, Crystal Reports, Import Wizard, Migration Wizard, Query As A Web Service (QAAWS), Dashboard Manager, Publishing Wizard, Central Management console, Xcelsius 2008.
- Experience and thorough knowledge in BOE architecture, Services Process Flows, Content, Security, Scheduling and Publishing.
- Strong technical and working experience with Crystal Enterprise Administrator Launchpad, Crystal Management Console, Crystal Configuration Manager, Crystal Migration Wizard, Crystal Publishing Wizard and e - portfolio.
- Worked with Crystal Reports … for creating complicated reports including sub-reports, parameter based reports, graphical reports, formula based, well-formatted reports, drilling reports, analysis reports, data reports along with LOV.
- Prepared different financial reports such as consolidated income statements and balance sheets using Crystal Report and Web Intelligence.
- Expert in Installation and Configuration of Business Objects Product Suite.
- Analysis to design the Universes and Business Objects Reports to support the user requirements.
- Involved Conceptual, Logical data models based on Source system analysis and then built Physical data models including tables, primary keys, foreign keys, indexes, views, Stored Procedures and data types.
- Created report templates and their underlying queries using Command Prompt to generate the required management reports.
- Hands-on experience on Crystal Xcelsius in creating Dashboards, graphs, charts, inserting maps and complex analytics reports.
- Ability to design, code, debug, document and support efficient computer applications and tools consistent with established specifications and business requirements.
- Developed templates for data mapping and facilitated workshops with cross functional business users to understand complex legacy systems data structures, mapping data into to-be BO data warehouses and developed conversion/transformation rules.
- Experience in developing and designing of ETL Mappings and Mapplets for supporting of Data Transformations and processes in a corporate environment using Data Services XI 3.2.
- Provided technical and analytical expertise in responding to complex, specialized report requests requiring higher-level data analyses and data management services.
- Extensive experience writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, PL/SQL routines, Database triggers, Shell-Scripting, unit testing integrity and also involved in complex backend data extraction, transformation and loading operations on oracle using SQL loader.
- Created multiple customized PL/SQL Procedures and Packages for various businesses' needs, to transform data before the loading process, and to manipulate and sort data for Reports specifications.
- Well experienced in Query Optimization and Tuning using bulk collections, Hints, Explain Plan, Indexes, SQLTRACE. Experienced in creating External tables, Uploading/Downloading data using SQL*Loader control files.
- Excellent communicator with emphasis on clearly presenting information and developing strong internal and external relationships.
- Productive leader, highly capable of training and motivating professionals in order to bring out their strengths and create an effective team environment.
- Experience in all phases of the project from conception to rollout including development, stabilization, unit and system testing.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/NT/2000/98, UNIX, (Sun Solaris, Linux, HP-UX) and OS/400.
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/9.x/8.x/7.x, MS SQL Server 2012/8.0/6.5, DB2
Programming Languages: VB Script, C, C++, C#, ASP.NET, ADO, VB.NET, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
Application Server s: Web logic, OAS, Oracle 9Ias
OLAP and Reporting: Business Objects BI4.1/4/0/XI 3.1/2/6.x/5.x(Supervisor, Designer, Business Object and Webi, BCA), Crystal Reports 9.x/8.x
ETL Tools: Informatica 7.x/6.x (Power Center), SQL Server SSIS
Scripting Languages: Unix Shell Scripting, Java Script and VB ScriptGUI: VB, Developer 2000
Oracle Utilities: OracleEnterpriseManager (OEM), SQL*NET, SQL*Loader
Other Tools & Utilities: Erwin, TOAD
Sr. Crystal Reports Developer
Confidential -Lansing, MI
- Requirements Gathering and Business analysis
- Familiarized the business, its strategy and implementation.
- Gathered User and Owner requirements; analyzed and documented them.
- Designed and customizing data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time.
- Provided report generation solution to the clients using different versions of Crystal Reports best suited for the business requirements.
- Bug fixing and enhancing existing reports. Making changes to the reports that are created in earlier versions to Crystal reports 2008.
- Designed Complex reports using sub reports, manual cross tabs using Crystal syntax with extensive usage of Local, Global, and Shared variables at report formulas.
- Developed standard, On Demand and Drill-down Reports using Crystal Reports.
- Created Linked and UN Linked Sub Reports.
- Developed PLSQL packages/Procedures/Functions to populate data in to stage tables.
- Wrote complex SQL queries on oracle tables to pull data for analysis purpose.
- Involved in ETL development using native oracle tools (SQL*LOADER, Oracle PL/SQL)..
- Modified the existing reports by adding new logic and deleting existing logic as the line of Business changes periodically.
- Created detail and summary reports used to fold/Unfold sections corresponding to Breaks in current blocks.
- Use of BO Designer Module to implement Universes, linkages between tables, creating prompts and queries, parsing the Universes, applying contexts and alias tables to remove cyclic dependencies.
- Created complex reports using user-defined functions like @variables, @prompt, condition Objects and Aggregate Awareness Functions for SQL enhancement.
- Publish the reports in Crystal Enterprise Development environment and follow up with business users on getting the sign off for the reports developed.
- Participated in bi-weekly crystal developers meeting where we discussed about the issues and solutions we had/found during last 2 weeks so that this helped all the crystal developers to be on one page.
- Designed Test cases for UAT of Reports for end users.
- Trained Users on techniques to create reports using Crystal Report Designer & deployment of Reports using Crystal Enterprise.
Environment: Business Objects 4.0/XI 3.1(Designer, Web Intelligence, Web Rich Client, Xcelsius 2008, QAAWS, Central Configuration Manager, Central Management Server, Import Wizard, Publishing Wizard), Crystal Reports 2011/2008/XI/10.0, Crystal Enterprise, Oracle 11g/10g/9i
Sr.Business Objects Consultant
Confidential - Lansing, MI
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Web Intelligence and Tableau Reports.
- Design universes with Classes and Objects for Pathways/Jet redesign/SACWIS/MiCSES system.
- Installed Client Tools BI 4.1 to user's machine.
- Converted Universe (UNV) to Universe (UNX) using the IDT Tool 4.0
- Migration from current system BO XI3.1 to BI 4.0 /4.2 by using upgrade management tool
- Created Universe from scratch and Web Intelligence reports to support Xcelsius dashboard using Live Office
- Developed more than 60 WebI Reports, more than 10 business intelligence dashboards using Tableau Desktop and worked on the existing Report fixes and tested the reports in the QA Environment to verify the data.
- Installation and setup of Business Objects Suite with coordination from Support team.
- Interacted with users to know their business views while gathering the reporting requirements and provided several mock reports to finalize the requirements.
- Designed mock universes and WebI Reports from scratch for a demo to the users.
- Writing Complex SQL queries and matching the data with database and reports.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries, Views, Joins, Constraints and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic and also created clustered and non clustered indexes.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Provided the best recommendations and industry best practices for ETL Solutions in SSIS.
- Developed scripts in PL/SQL developer and MS SQL Analyzer to extract data from the databases and convert into tab delimited text files; scripts to compare the object structures of tables, indexes and integrity/referential constraints.
- Created Oracle PL/SQL stored Procedures, Functions and Packages to support ETL process. Experience in creating configuration files to deploy the SSIS packages across all environments.
- Responsible to study existing ETL process and recommend development strategies using BI Best Practices
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like (BCP) in (SSIS) (2005/2008)
- Experience in creating configuration files to deploy the SSIS packages across all environments.
- Responsible to study existing ETL process and recommend development strategies using BI Best Practices.
- Advised optimization of queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Tuned and enhanced universes with SQL queries for the report performance.
- Created Universes and complex reports against Teradata Database.
- Set up Universe level conditions to restrict data based on report requirements
- Created WebI reports with multiple data providers and synchronized the data using Merge Dimensions option in BO.
- Created Joins, Contexts, and Aliases for resolving Loops and checked the Integrity, Cardinalities of the Universe.
- Created reports using all the BO functions like hyperlinking, Prompts, input controls, dimensional and Measure variables to show the accurate results.
- Designed and developed a business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop, allowing executive management to view past, current and forecast sales data.
- Mentored business power users to create reports/dashboards using tableau desktop.
- Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Developed of key indicators and the appropriate tracking reports with graphical and written summations to assist in the quality improvement initiatives.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Created customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Used BEx Analyzer to Create Queries with Variables, Filters, Calculated Key Figures, Restricted Key Figures, Exceptions, Conditions with Charts and Worksheets to access data from BI/BW Data Targets to Generate Reports
- Created and modified Interactive Dashboards and Creating guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards.
- Publish the developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Generated the Business Objects reports involving complex queries, sub queries, unions and intersections.
- Worked on the color coding of the Reports based on the user requirement.
- Worked with Platform Team to Schedule the Reports in the Production Environment on the Monthly and Weekly basis.
- Created Web Intelligence Ad-hoc and canned reports.
- Worked on the improving the performance of the reports.
Environment: Business Objects 4.0/4.1, Web Intelligence XI, InfoView, Teradata 15, Oracle 12c, 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, Crystal Reports,Windows XP,
BO/Crystal Reports Consultant
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Extensively involved in setting a new BO 3.1 Environment.
- Successfully installed and configured Business Objects 3.1 on Staging Environment, Applied Service Pack and fix pack.
- Clustered the servers successfully by distributing the Business Objects Services effectively between all the servers to make the Business Objects Environment Highly Available and got the "FAILOVER" to work efficiently.
- Used Import Wizard tool to migrate all the objects from BO XIR2 to BO 3.1.
- Tested all the reports that are migrated and analyzed the performance of the BO 3.1 using Load Runner by creating many virtual users.
- Resolved the performance issues in BO 3.1
- Installed and Configured BO 3.1 on Production Environment of different regions.
- Maintained the whole environment (TEST, DEV and PROD) along with 8 main servers.
- Experience in scheduling of repository backup and tuning the Business Objects servers for a better performance.
- Configured File Repository Servers, Crystal Report Job, Cache and Page Servers, LOV Job server, Web Intelligence Job and Report Servers, Desktop Intelligence Job, Report and Cache Servers, Destination Job Server, Program Job Server, and Event Server.
- Applying patches, hot fixes, critical fixes, service packs and testing/applying security patch.
- Requirement Collection, Documentation & high-level design.
- Configured Crystal reports 2008 to develop reports using Custom Coded functions.
- Updated and maintained Universes to meet new reporting requirements.
- Trained end users in understanding the reports. Functionalities such as Slice and Dice, Prompt, Drill mode and Ranking were used for Multidimensional Formatting.
- Created multiple universes and resolved Loops by creating table aliases and contexts.
Environment: Business Objects 3.1/XIR2, Crystal Reports XI/2008, Xcelsius 2008, Designer, Publication Wizard, Import Wizard, Dashboard Manager, Reporter, Designer, Business Query, BO SDK, Web Intelligence 2.x/6 and Info View, Windows XP, server 2003, Oracle 9i/10g, DB2, Teradata
Crystal Reports Developer
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsibilities include direct interaction with the user for getting specifications, draft specs, generating new report according to the specs and giving it to the user for verification and drafting the Crystal Reports in the Corporate Intranet.
- Involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in Crystal Analysis
- Installed & deployed Business Objects crystal Integration Pack.
- Conversion of crystal reports version 8.5 to Crystal reports XI
- Modified already existing reports and converted into Crystal Reports XI.
- Developed several Complex Reports (various features used include multiple groupings, drilldowns, parameter fields, formulas and conditional formatting) using Crystal Reports.
- Designed Complex reports using sub reports, manual cross tabs using Crystal syntax with extensive usage of Local, Global, and Shared variables at report formulas
- Displayed reports for users on web browser by e-launch pad, e-portfolio using Crystal Enterprise
- Involved in the preparation of SR (Service Requests) along with the Business people after a thorough discussion of the Business and System requirements.
- Interacted with users in resolving the Help Desk Tickets (HD).
- Defined security for people Soft users at Application level, OS level & at data level.
- Installed and set the Central Management Server, Processing Servers & Report Application Server.
- Set up of Users, Groups, User Ids, Single sign-on, Report viewing privileges for Users are done in Crystal Enterprise
- Defined User Accounts, groups & set up administrator privileges
- Published Objects with the central management console
- Extensively involved in using of formulas fields, parameter fields, Group selection, record selection, and Crystal syntax in Crystal reports
- Assisted in the identification, planning, implementation and support of various Business Intelligence initiatives and supported Business-critical analyses. Also translated business requests into reporting and analytical deliverables.
- Collaborated with the QA team to create and execute system test plans and user-acceptance testing.
- Created complex reports including sub-reports, parameter based reports, graphical reports, formula based, well-formatted reports, drill-down reports, analysis reports, data reports using latest version of crystal reports.
- Worked with business users to develop reporting and data requirements and also performed ad-hoc queries as necessary.
- Performed business and data analysis activities to design and develop reports from the reporting databases.
- Published reports via. Publishing Wizard and Management Console.
- Provided technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems and technical questions. Trained end users and technical support staff as required.
- Developed SQL queries to extract, manipulate and calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements.
Environment: Crystal Reports XI/8.5, Crystal Enterprise, Business Objects XIR2/6.5/6.1 (Import wizard. CMC, Info view, Web Intelligence 6.1, DESKI), Data Integrator, Dashboard Manager SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Windows 2000/NT, Oracle 9i
Business objects Admin/Consultant
Confidential, Fresno, CA
- Interacted with Users to know their Business views while gathering the Report requirements and provided Several Report Mock-ups to finalize the requirements.
- Created and Formatted the Business Objects Reports as per the Users Requirements using the features in BOBJ like Master/Detail, Charts, Cross tabs, Slice and Dice, Drill down, @functions and Formulae to analyze the data.
- Created Derived Tables in the Universe using views and stored procedures to meet the Reporting Requirements.
- Technical expertise in Analyzing, Design, Implementation and administration of security models with row level data restrictions, object level based restrictions and object based security etc in BOBJ
- Created Standard reports, Cross tabs reports, Ad-hoc reports using the features like Ranking, Sorting, and functions to analyze the data. Used Web Intelligence to create Reports. Involved in customizing the look and feel of Web Intelligence Interface.
- Migrated Reports from Deski to Webi
- Involved in Creating Universes and Reports. Designed new Universes using features like Check Integrity, Cardinalities, Aliases, Loops, Contexts and Hierarchies. Created Classes, Sub-Classes and Objects (which include Dimensions and Measures).
- Resolved the issues while converting Deski report to Webi, by direct workout
- Created WSDLs using Query As a Web Service (Qaaws) from different Data sources.
- Created Cascading Web Services for different Dashboards.
- Created Universes and complex reports against huge Oracle database.
- Created the reports using BOBJ functionality's like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae's etc
- Provided the security access management by creating users/groups and folders.
- Created reports using Info View and for distribution to users
- Scheduled jobs in CMC by Daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis and export the results in Excel and send the report to the user thru Email.
- Created hundreds of reports in Webi, Deski and Rich client using all the functionalities
- Designed Universes using different data sources.
- Maintaining Universes and Reports to multiple Environments (Dev, Test etc.).
- Environment: Business Objects Enterprise XI R2/R3, Web Intelligence, Webi Rich Client, Info View, Sybase, Oracle 10g,Toad, Crystal Xcelsius 2008, Windows and CMC
Business Objects/Crystal Reports Developer
- Interacted with Business Users and Business Analysts to gather the Requirements and Business logics.
- Involved in Writing Detailed Level Documentation for reports and Universe design.
- Involved in the designing and Building of Universes from different data sources like Teradata, Oracle/SQL Server.
- Linked Universes to share the Universes, which had common dimension tables and the classes and objects.
- Applied row level and object level securities to different groups and users using Designer component.
- Resolved loops by creating alias and contexts to remove the cyclic dependencies between the tables.
- Worked extensively with @Functions (@Select, @Prompt, @Where) to filter the data.
- Resolving join path Problems like 'Chasm Trap' and 'Fan Trap' and loops by creating Context and Aliases.
- Modified Universes with pre-calculated aggregates from summary tables.
- Created cascading list of values to enable cascading prompting in the reports using Designer.
- Generated reports using free-hand SQL, which had complex Business Logics.
- Involved in postproduction Support and gave training to the end users to create ad-hoc reports.
- Created full client and Web Intelligence reports. Modified the existing by adding new columns based on the result set.
- Created Web Intelligence reports with more than 10 data providers and synchronized the data using the merge dimensions option.
- Created cascading list of values to enable cascading prompting in the reports using Designer.
- Designed, developed and tested the reports based upon data generated by enterprise transaction, financial, and customer information systems using Business Objects connected to Oracle 10g/11g data sources.
- Published Crystal Reports to Business-Objects Enterprise System using publishing wizard.
- Generated dynamic cascading values in the process of building Crystal Business Views.
- Created interactive Dashboards and Business Presentations with Crystal Xcelcius using QAAWS.
- Created new Universes specifically designed for creation of Dashboards.
- Created local variables with complex logics in the reports for calculating the metrics in the canned report.
- Created complex formulae in the Web I report to dynamically change the column that need to be displayed in the table depending on the prompt values
- Used advanced functionalities like Optional prompts, Hyper-linking.
- Tested the report data by comparing with the data from the report with the SQL outputs from the database to ensure the quality of reports generated.
- Designed Test cases for SIT and UAT of Universe and Canned Reports for end users.
- Ensured the quality and timely delivery of all the important complex canned reports, and Involved in migration and testing of Objects to PROD environment from DEV through QA environment using Import Wizard.
Environment: Business Objects XI-r2, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Crystal Reports 10.0, TOAD, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2000, SQL, Oracle Application Server, BEA Web logicd PL/SQL.