- Over 7+ years of experience in Business Intelligence using SAP Business Objects XI-R3.1/R2/6.x with Info view, Web Intelligence, Data Integrator & Quality, Webi Rich Client, Desktop Intelligence, Crystal Reports 9/10/XI/2008, Xcelsius 4.5/2008, Central Management Console (CMC), Central Management Server (CMS), Central Configuration Management (CCM),Query as a Web Service, Live Office, Business Explorer/Polestar XI 3.1, Publishing Wizard, Import Wizard and Report Conversion Tool.
- Strong Knowledge and Experience in Business Objects tools & SAP Business Objects from 2003. Strong knowledge and Skill in Data Integrator & Data Quality Tools.
- Excellent experience in designing Business Objects universes, complex BO reports both full client and Web Intelligence Reports.
- Strong SAP ECC Knowledge in SAP ECC 6.0 (FICO,MM,PP,SCM,SD)
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Extensive experience on Prototyping the new technologies like Business Explorer/Polestar XI 3.1,
- Used Live Office and QAAWS (Query as a Web Service) to feed live data into Xcelsius 2008 (both Dashboards & Scorecards).
- Extensively worked on Business Objects Architecture & Administration. Created Users and Groups and setting the rights on them using Central Management Console (CMC).Scheduled Crystal Reports in CMC on Daily, Monthly, Weekly basis. Debugging the Problems in the Crystal Reports.
- Created reports from multiple sources & functionalities like slice & dice, drill down in Crystal Reports.
- Extensive experience with SAP BW such as Info cubes, BEx Query designer, BEx Analyzer, Data Modeling.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL, PL/SQL & T-SQL programming and trouble shooting
- Extensively used ETL methodology for Data Extraction, transformations, loading using Data Integrator.
- Strong organizational, time-management and planning skills to deliver projects on time/budget, despite intense pressure and aggressive timelines.
- Good Knowledge of Data Warehouse Concepts including Schemas and Data Modeling.
- Complete Software Development Life Cycle experience including requirements gathering, analysis/design, development and testing.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, training, analytical and technical skills.
BI Tools: SAP Business Objects XI 3.1, R1/R2 6.5.x,Crystal Report 9/10/ XI/ 2008,Xcelcius 4.5/2008, Info view, CMC, CCM, CMS, BEx Query, BEx Analyzer, Desktop Intelligence XI, Full Client, Web Intelligence, Business View Manager, SAP ECC 6.0, SAP BI/BW 7.0, Live Office
ETL Tools: BO Data Integrator (ETL), Data Services
Platforms: Windows (all flavors), Debian Linux
Databases: SQL Server 2000/7.0/6.5, Terawatt, Oracle 10g, 9i/ 8i, Access, DB2
Languages: C, Java, SQL, PL/ SQL, T-SQL, HTML/CSS
Products:SAP ECC 6.0/ BOBJ, SAP BI/BW 7.0, Microsoft Office, Erwin, Toad.
Bachelors in Computer ScienceProfessional Experience
Confidential, Plymouth, MN Oct 2011 Current
Role:-Business Intelligence Analyst
Project Details:-Confidential, company under the Omnicom Group is an advertising media agency, which acts as a liasion between the advertiser and the advertisee for ad publishing. They had very complex requirements in desinging and building universes, webi reports and dashboards various business needs.
- Fulfilled the business objects development needs for various departments.
- Modified existing universes and implemented new universes according the reporting needs by detecting cardinalities, resolving traps and using contexts and also developed hierarchies and derived tables.
- Developed complex webi reports using combined queries, merging dimensions, complex functions at the report level and complex filters to satisfy the end user requirement.
- Performed some daily admin tasks which included verification of all BO user logins and security checks, Testing the availability of all universe connections, Monitoring day to day scheduled jobs on Broadcast Agent (BCA)
- Handled various tickets for business objects issues for the end users.
- Modified the default session timeout, for the infoview as the users complained about being session timeouts frequently.
- Migrated some of the Hyperion reports to business objects, developed similar reports in webi
- Edited the existing Hyperion Reports, to add new prompts for the reports by changing the front end scripts and sql queries.
- Handled some Bobj Administration tasks, to create new users and groups and assingn security. Was involved in upgrading the service pack.
- Created a stable environment for Business Objects XI 3.1 by scaling the number of processing servers based on the user base and access frequency.
- Modified existing crystal reports and created new reports with cross tabs and sub reports based on the client requirements using Crystal Reports 2008.
- Designed complex reports based on discussions with user groups and created various objects using built-in functions (like prompt, select, where, and aggregate), complex report level filters and contexts and complex SQL queries and joins involving case statements, some analytic functions like partition by etc. Thus Considering best business Practices using Web intelligence Rich Client
- Moved the developed reports and universes between development, QA and production environments using import wizard.
- Was involved in training the end users over the newly developed crystal and webi reports.
Environment:-SAP Business Objects XI 3.1/3.2,Xcelsius 2008, Crystal Reports 2008, Web Intelligence, SQL Server 2008/2005
Tempur-Pedic, Lexington, KY Nov 2010- Jul 2011
Role: - SAP BOBJ Developer
Project Details: -Confidential,of the entire line of quality sleeping products. They have a very robust SAP infrastructure and had requirements dealing with SAP BOBJ to Build Universe, Reports, and Dashboards for various department needs.
- Fulfilled Business Analyst requirements by Completing Universe Development Life Cycle to Prepare, Analyze, Plan, Implement, Test, and Deploy & Maintain to Successfully Develop Universes meeting User Needs and Requirements from both technical and strategic views of an organization.
- Conducted Study to Build Universe’s Classes and Objects involving everyday terms that supports Users. Object properties defining Measure, Dimension and Details were created.
- Implemented Universes by detecting Cardinalities, resolving loops, Chasm Traps and Fan Traps using Contexts and Aliases etc, and also Developed Hierarchies to support users with the option to drill down on reports. Also implemented User Security.
- Designed complex reports based on discussions with user groups and created various objects using built-in functions (like prompt, select, where, and aggregate), complex SQL queries and joins. Thus Considering best business Practices using Web intelligence Rich Client.
- Involved in creation of Reports, formatting reports, generation of charts, bars etc as per user requirements using Webi, Xcelsius 2008.
- Developed new set of standard Web Intelligence reports against the new universe. Completed ad-hoc data requests as required.
- Working with different transformations like Query, Key Generation, Pivot, Map operation, Table Comparison in Data Integrator.
- Involved in writing scripts and also used some built-in functions like To Date, lookup, key generation and Custom Functions like checking whether the load is a initial load or a bulk load.
- Creating complex Data flows with inner R/3 data flows and declaring parameters at different levels of Workflow.
- Creation of different data stores to get SAP tables.
- Used Business Objects Data Integrator XI R2 for ETL extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source system.
- Worked on Polestar to generate complex reports for the data required. Simultaneously export reports and making it easily available to Decision makers.
- Used BEx Analyzer and Query Designer to Query and analyze SAP BW OLAP Cubes.
- Developed Dashboards using Xcelsius 2008 components using maps, Pie Charts, Staked Bar, List Views etc creatively using best Xcelsius components effects for better interaction.
- Performed ETL activities using Data Integrator and Data Services, by extracting data from various Sources.
- Design, develop, and implement Xcelsius dashboard against SAP BW data sources. Established the design pattern for all future Xcelsius development using Live Office and QaaWS as connectors
- Developed Cross Tab Reports, Sub Reports by using Crystal Reports 2008 and embedded Xcelsius onto Crystal Reports for better results and also provide users with clear understanding.
- Worked on certain issues and dealt with Info View, CMC.
Environment: -SAP Business Objects XI 3.1/3.2,Xcelsius 2008, Crystal Reports 2008, Data Integrator & Services, Web Intelligence, Business Explorer (Polestar) XI 3.1, SAP BI/BW 7.0, T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Info View, CMC.
Confidential,Philadelphia, PA Nov 2009 Sep 2010
Role: - SAP BOBJ Developer
Project Details: Confidential, is a content management company; I have worked extensively on developing their new product, Dynamic Open text vendor Invoice management Interactive Dashboard which is sold by old by SAP asSAP Invoice Management by OpenText. This Dashboard is to be used in around 114 countries around the world. One Single Dashboard dynamically adjusts to various requirements without any modifications.
- Build Xcelsius Dashboards using SAP Web services created from SAP NetWeaver. Without the need of any BOBJ Platform to import data into excel sheet to serve as the input for the dashboard.
- Various SAP Functional Modules have been used as a source and ABAP programming to extract, aggregate and deliver the data to Xcelsius using SAP Web services.
- Highly Interactive Dashboard completely based on dynamic user input and varying amount of information to analyze without limitations being provided to the user.
- Various other forms of dashboard development also performed including Data from SAP BW through Bex Queries, Data from Universe using QAAWS, Data from Webi reports, Crystal Reports using Live Office etc.
- Dashboards Using Advanced Multiple Drills Down, Dynamic Visibility, and Alert Features were designed to support Complex Requirement Scenario.
- Designed dashboard using best practices and advanced filtering techniques to dynamically filter and serve as the source for the dashboard.
- Optimized dashboard performance for speed of thought analysis even with large data volumes and simultaneously allowed user customization on the fly.
- Worked Extensively with Flash Variables, web services and made Generic Dashboards to enhance Performance in Situation to Decrease Load on the Parent Dashboard, and Designed Child Dashboards to Distribute Load among Various Child Dashboards to Mitigate the Performance Issues
- Used Complex excels functions and logics to support data requirement. Ex: - Vlookup, hlookup, choose, Nested IF’s, Value, ISNumber, ISNA, Match, Index etc to name a few.
- Built Password Protected Dashboard and Created a Scenario to Trigger Multiple Web Services on User Authentication.
- Built Many Static Dashboard Models during all my Work Requirement in due process to Create Generic Live Model Using Web Services, Flash Variables etc.
- Done extensive testing across various scenarios to see the dashboard working across multiple complex and varying scenarios.
- Used various Custom SAP functions exclusively for Xcelsius to help in this process to additionally implement thousand separators and decimal Operators to support various different number formats.
Environment: -SAP Business Objects XI 3.1/3.2,Xcelsius 2008 SP3, Excel Functions, SAP BI/BW, SAP Net weaver, Bex, Webi, Crystal, Universe, QAAWS.
Confidential, Houston, TX Dec 2008 - July 2009
Role: - SAP BOBJ Developer
Project Details: - A top-tier oilfield service company, Baker Hughes delivers solutions that help oil and gas operators make the most of their reservoirs. Work included developing Universes, Dashboards, and Scorecards etc. Worked with Data services to move data from legacy systems and enforce quality and reduce redundancy.
- Analyzing system functionality requirements, documents and scope of the work.
- Work included Developing, Testingand enhancing existing Business Objects Universes; work required modifying, testing and promoting to the Repository.
- Developed, Tested, Promoted andMaintained theWEBI Reports, also had modified the existing reports based on user requirements, Also solved any issues/errors encountered
- Responsibilities required acting as the Key Person for maintaining Universe’s with creation of joins, Cardinalities, Contexts, and solving the loops, Testing, Data analysis etc.
- Have resolved loops, Fan Traps and Chasm traps using context and alias and also have built custom hierarchies and predefined filters to facilitate easy drill down and addressed performance issues.
- Created reports using Business Objects functionalities like Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Alerter and Formulae etc using Web intelligence.
- Scheduling daily, weekly and monthly reports using BO XI Scheduler using Events, creating Calendars. Upgraded BO XI R2 to BO XI R 3.0 Enterprise Environment. Used Java SDK’s.
- Formatted Reports as per the User requirements using extensively the functionalities in Business Objects, which allows the users to analyze the data.
- Used Polestar for better interaction with predefined data sets to generate quick visualized reports
- Extensively used Calculations, Variables, Break points, and Sorted inputs, Drill down, Slice and Dice, Alerts etc in Creating Reports, formatted old reports, generated charts, bars etc as per user requirements using Crystal Reports 2008, Xcelsius 2008 and integration as well.
- Designed interactive Dashboards such as Popup, Tabs etc and many creatively styled Xcelsius Reports to best support needs using effective HCI Principles.
- Manipulating data through various presentation styles using Crystal Reports 2008 such as charts cross tabs, slice and dice, user response, alerts, prompts, nested loops and filters.
Environment:-SAP Business Objects XI 3.1/3.2,Xcelsius 2008, Crystal Reports 2008, Web Intelligence, Business Explorer (Polestar) XI 3.1, SAP BI/BW 7.0.