12 yrs of strategy, corporate development, restructuring, financial planning & analysis, sales, distribution & marketing, product mgmt, product development, technology, operational & international experience with Fortune 100 & startup Cos.
March 2008 – Present
Business Owner & Independent Consultant Chicago, IL†
Confidential (Mar’09 –†) Founder & Owner. Profitable Local Online & Mobile Start-up. Launched Jantareview online & Andriod / iphone mobile products. Grew annual traffic from 0 to 9M online & 0.5M mobile visitors.
- Led strategy planning, product mgmt, development, customer support, marketing & business development. Developed market, product specifications for v1.0 release of website (LAMP), Andriod, iPhone webapp, mobile website, ad-network and affiliate partner integration and other product features for agile product development.
- Maintained full responsibility for marketing & customer support; Developed marketing plan, oversee market research, customer discovery, customer acquisition, integrated online marketing (Search/SEO/SEM/SMO/email /newsletter/blog/social media/widgets), corporate branding, PR, web analytics, media selling & customer loyalty program. Tools - Zoomerang, Google Analytics,Adwords, Adsense, Facebook Ads,DFP, CJ, Open-X, ZohoCRM.
Confidential†(May - Sept ‘09, ‘10, ‘11). -†Mentored†8 Cleantech startups in first and semi-final rounds of clean-tech open with overall business plan and investor pitch development including product roadmap, go-to-market plan, refining business model, pro-forma financials and venture financing:
- Fast battery charging technology for Industrial and Electric vehicles; HVAC energy efficiency startup; Smart LED lighting using VLC (winner); Network energy storage startup; Vertical-axis wind turbine startup; (2011)
- Sustainable pallet manufacturer & urban thermal greenhouse farming (2010); Biofuel startup (2009).
Confidential (Jan - Mar’09) Consultant,†Chicago based boutique-brand innovation advertising agency.
Confidential (Mar – Dec 08) – Co-founder & VP, Strategy†of online sales promotions startup; recruited board of advisors, product management & marketing team; grew team size to 15 people. Managed team of product mgr & marketing analysts. Participated in several venture capital & CXO level partnership presentations.
Dec 2010 – June 2011†Montvale, NJ
Corporate development and Finance (Sr Director Level) consultant for $8B supermarket retailer.
- Co-led supply & logistics financial planning & analysis workstream to support A&P’s chapter 11 business & re-organization plan (which included store closures, asset sales, store capex, margin improvement initiatives, labor & supplier contracts renegotiations) resulting in $60M EBITDA & $30M working capital improvement from $4 Billion supplier contracts re-negotiations. A&P plans to exit bankruptcy by Feb 2012 based on Yucaipa/Goldman funding.
- Reported to SVP, FP&A; worked with exec mgmt (SVP S&L, Merchandising, Legal, CFO, CRO, CIO) financial, legal & creditors advisors; prepared financial models, forecasts, budgets & cash-flow analysis, Mgmt & Board presentations.
- Coached FP&A directors on project mgmt, financial modeling, PowerPoint; Merchandising dashboard projects.
Jan 2006 – June 2008†Chicago, IL
Project Manager, Worldwide Sales and Operations
- Maintained full responsibility for salesforce territory alignment, goals development, performance measurement & incentive compensation development projects for over sixty countries in EMEA, Latin America & Asia Pacific region with $2 Billion in revenue for completion and rollout in 1 year. Responsibilities included strategy and metrics development, salesforce coaching & change management, analytics, vendor selection, contract negotiation, vendor mgmt, project mgmt, team mgmt (managed 2 sr. associates & consultants), dashboard/reporting system development.
- Conducted sales operations analysis including gap analysis & internal and external benchmarking; identified areas of improvement and developed two-year international sales organization operations capability development plan.
- Led & managed several 5-20 people, 3 months to 2-year duration, $1-$5 MM international strategic sales operations transformation projects (CRM, GDS & IATA’s Passenger Intelligence Services). Participated in Sales forecasting & Operations Data, Technology, BI Reporting & CRM RFP process.
Sr. Associate, Worldwide Sales and Distribution Strategy
- Conducted strategic analysis on distribution & B2B travel industry; Developed business cases, financial models & made recommendations on several key cost reduction, strategic alliances, startups investment, cost of sale, buy vs. build, business partnerships, contract negotiation projects worth over $250 MM in cost savings.
- Analyzed cost of distribution reduction projects involving over 50 companies in travel distribution industry and cost of Payments projects involving Paypal, Amex, Visa, UATP etc. Participated in MBA/Senior Associate recruiting;
Confidential†New York, NY
Business Analyst/Product Manager
- Led business process mapping & product specifications (BRDs/MRD/PRDs) for an online electronics parts retailer (partstore.com – ranked #350 among eCommerce retailers with over $100 Million in revenues), white label partsearch websites (for BestBuy, CompUSA, Circuit City & more), store order operations, call center operations, account management, product pricing engine, merchandizing, order sourcing, drop ship fulfillment, invoicing, management reports (KPIs) & performance reporting functions. Partsearch was acquired by Bestbuy in 2011.
Consultant Jersey City, NJ/Delaware
- Confidential -†Business Analyst [Oct ‘04 – Apr’05] Developed business plan, business case & business requirements (BRDs / MRDs) for auto insurance claims mgmt systems for a Fortune 10 insurance & financial services company..
- Strategy Consultant - [Clients included Auto America, Sols Americas Exposition, Urban Technology Ventures, Blue Monitor etc] Provided consulting services to seed venture capital firm & several start-ups with $1 million to over $50 million in revenues in Application Software, Marketing Expos, BPO, Automotive Retail, Electronics & Biotechnology industries. Developed business plans, competitive analysis, product roadmap, marketing & sales strategy, financial modeling including pro-forma financial stmts, company valuation (DCF, Comps) & ROI analysis.
June 2000-April 2001
Confidential.†San Rafael, CA
OutPerformance\'s (prev. Maxager) assets were acquired by S&OP Solutions Inc. & Profit Velocity Sol in January 2009.
- Consulted for iQuantic Inc. (acquired by Mellon Financial/Buck Consulting in ‘02) on a $2 MM project to design & develop stock option & equity compensation consulting website that decreased time to market from 1 yr to 30 days.
- Led four-member team to design & develop Java based application to validate advanced profit analysis reports.
August 1997- June 2000
Confidential.†San Rafael, CA
Acting Project Manager (Dec 99 – Jun 00)/Team Leader (Aug 98 – Dec 99)/Software Engineer/ (Aug 97 – Aug 98)
- Designed software solution to deliver secure online web content for AutoCAD. Patent # 6,836,886 approved Dec 2004. Managed a five-person team, conducted training and recruited candidates for technology dept. Promoted to technical lead position within 1 year of joining AutoDesk.
Master of Business Administration,
- Emphases on Corporate Strategy and Finance; Graduated with Distinction