- Senior Consultant and Architect with 11+ years of in - depth experience in business intelligence and data warehousing including strategies, design, architecture and development.
- Proven track record as a Sr. Architect and Developer. Worked on multiple BI engagements including those in US, Canada and Europe.
- Detailed knowledge of data warehousing concepts, dimensional modeling, enterprise data warehouse, OLAP solutions and data marts.
- Expert knowledge and experience in MS BI Stack including MS SQL SERVER 2008 to 2016, SSIS, SSAS (multi-dimensional & tabular), SSRS and Power BI.
- Trained on cloud-based analytical solutions including Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Azure Machine Learning, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Teradata ETL utilities, Query Performance Optimization, Teradata Financial Services Logical Data Model (FS-LDM), Windows Batch and UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Has worthy of knowledge in Informatica PowerCenter, IBM Cognos, Qlikview, Tableau, MS PowerPivot/PowerView.
- Knowledge and experience of Kalido DIW 8.4/8.5/9.0, Kalido MDM 8.5/9.0 and Kalido BIM (Modeler and MXS).
- Has domain knowledge of multiple business verticals particularly Healthcare and Financial sector.
Primary: MS Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server 2000 to 2016, SQL Server Analysis Services 2008 to 2016, SQL Server Integration Services 2005 to 2016, SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 to 2016, Power Pivot, Power View, T-SQL, Dimensional Modeling and Design
Others: Teradata V2R5/v12/v13/v14, Oracle 10g/11g/12c, QlikView, Informatica PowerCenter v8.6/v9.5.1, IBM Cognos, Kalido DIW & BIM
DWH & BI Architect
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding the data warehouse and BI platform which is based on MS SQL DB, SSIS, SSAS and Tableau
- Working on POCs to help assess the replacement of Tableau with Power BI tool
- Participated in trainings on Microsoft Cortana Intelligence Suite (Data Factory, Event Hub, Data Lake, Stream Analytics, Azure Machine Learning, etc).
- Completed an extensive exercise for migration of Snaplogic ETL solution to Microsoft SSIS. Rewrote and optimized the existing ETLs for Finance and Payroll data.
- Developed a solution for accounts payable team to help them proactively identify duplicate payments, if any. Used SSIS and PowerApps.
Technical Summary: Power BI, MS SQL Server BI Stack 2012//2016, Tableau.
BI Consultant - Power BI/Tableau
- Worked as Power BI consultant for enabling a self-service BI platform for the business users. The core reporting is across CRM data and documents.
- Administered and supported Power BI environments for other projects within the Confidential organization.
- Played a consultancy role for ongoing projects using SSAS Tabular, SSRS and Tableau.
Technical Summary: Power BI, MS SQL Server BI Stack 2012/2014/2016 , Tableau
Sr. Technical Lead - DWH and Data Visualization
- Worked as a Solution Architect and Lead Consultant for Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence initiatives.
- Responsible for data modeling, ETL process design, SSAS cubes design and suggesting designs for BI dashboards & reports on Microsoft Power BI and Tableau v9.1.
- Catering for continuously growing business needs by providing solutions to Finance, HR and Sales business areas.
- Developed data visualizations for monitoring IT operations. These include reporting of data growth, ETL processes, and business users’ involvement.
Technical Summary: MS SQL Server 2012 BI Stack, Power BI, Tableau 9.x
BI Practice Lead & Sr. Architect
- Served in a presales role capacity and worked in collaboration with the sales team to explore opportunities on Microsoft, Informatica and Qlik products suite.
- Lead a team of developers on a Tableau project for finance and sales department of a Germany based medical equipment manufacturer;
- Worked on Assets & Liabilities analysis which shows region-wise AR Days, Inventory Days, AP days
- Short Term Assets dashboard which shows visual representation of Short Term Assets - Cash/Investments/AR. It shows rolling 12 months state as well.
- Sales dashboard providing comparison of Open/Delivered/Void orders. This drills down to Open sales by Open Reason and Void sales by Void Reason.
- Sales dashboard with visual representation of actual vs target sales, actual vs standard rates sales and sales/cost of sales/margin analysis
- Did data preparation layer work to extract, transform and then load all the relevant data from disparate sources into the data warehouse, which eventually feeds Tableau BI.
- Worked as a technical lead on a Microsoft BI project for BSI Steel, South Africa.
- Designed a data warehousing and OLAP solution by integrating data from Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
- Devised strategy for incremental data loading in dimensions by comparing source and target tables.
- Designed cubes for Inventory, Purchase and Sales modules in SSAS using data warehouse as source.
- Designed reports in SSRS
- Worked as DB designer and ETL developer for MAF Carrefour, UAE.
- Designed database schema for Stock Depreciation Tool (SDT) application.
- Designed ETL packages on SSIS to pull data from IBM DB2 iSeries databases into SDT’s database.
- Assisted reports developers to create SSRS reports for SDT application.
Technical Summary: SQL Server 2014, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Tableau v8.2 / v9
- Designed and developed an end to end BI and DWH solution for Sanofi Pasteur MSD using SSIS, SSAS, SQL Server & TIBCO Spotfire. Worked as an onsite consultant in Madrid, Spain.
- Performed ETL to extract, transform and load data from multiple data sources including IMS data files and SAP data files.
- Designed and developed the reporting layer for BI analysis and reporting.
- Designed and developed DWH and reporting solution for Rovi Pharma using SSIS, SSAS, SQL Server. Worked as onsite consultant in Madrid, Spain.
- Performed ETL to extract, transform and load data from multiple data sources including IMS data files, SAP data files, SQL Server and Oracle databases into the data warehouse.
- Designed and developed multi-dimensional OLAP cubes in SSAS from the data warehouse schema for HR, Finance and Sales departments.
- Designed the reporting layer for BI analysis and reporting.
- Proposed, designed and developed DWH & BI reports and dashboards for Almirall Pharma for their Sales and Marketing divisions. Worked as onsite consultant in Barcelona, Spain.
- Designed data warehouse model including 20+ dimension tables and 10 fact tables using Kalido BIM tool. The data warehouse is targeted to support reporting and analysis needs of Almirall’s sales (Chrome project) and marketing (MarketVision project) departments.
- Developed Oracle SQL feeds for loading the data warehouse based on Kalido DIW tool.
- Developed windows batch scripts for automated loading of data into Kalido DIW and MDM tools.
- Lead a team of around 6 offshore resources on Kalido DIW, Kalido MDM, Oracle and Tableau
- Successfully delivered three challenging projects as technical lead. These include EDW, MDM and BI initiatives for The Brick - Canada.
- Worked with solution architect in data warehouse designing and MDM modeling from offshore.
- Developed SQL feeds for Kalido DIW and MDM data loading.
- Developed Windows batch scripts for automated data loading into Kalido DIW and Kalido MDM.
- Developed IBM Cognos Transformer cube for the Sales department. The cube focuses on reporting of Open, Delivered and Void sales month by month across different dimensional hierarchies.
Technical Summary: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, Tableau, Kalido DIW/MDM, IBM Cognos 8.4, Oracle Exadata/11g
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked as Sr. ETL developer on Higher Education Commission (HEC) data warehouse project. Designed dimensional model, formulated the ETL architecture, scripts, and processes.
- Did Proof of Concept (POC) exercise for Sales department. The task is to device an automated mechanism for migrating enterprise BI reporting platform of the client from Cognos 8.4 to Oracle BIEE v10. Cognos Transformer cubes were to be migrated to Oracle Essbase for MOLAP reporting.
Technical Summary: Oracle 11gR2, OBIEE v10, IBM Cognos v8.4
Professional Services Consultant
- Completed NIB Bank DWH project phase-2 which includes,
- ETL of Current Accounts, Saving Accounts, Term Deposits, Term Loans, and Trade Facilities modules of T24.
- Load process designing of OFSA system
- ETL of DFI LMS (a leasing system).
- Completed NIB Bank DWH project phase-1 which includes,
- Data warehouse loading utility in Linux shell scripting language that was automatic, restartable, date balancing and safe
- ETL process design and development using TD utilities and Unix shell scripting
- Post deployment ETL & BI support
- Completed Bank Alfalah Treasury datamart project which includes
- DTS Packages (SQL Server 2000) that automate daily loading process of extracts into DWH in a safe and re-startable manner
- Designing test plans and test cases
- Data mart design and implementation for the bank’s Treasury department
Technical Summary: Teradata Database, Teradata Load/Unload Utilies (BTEQ, FASTLOAD, MULTILOAD, FASTEXP), Unix Shell Scripting