BI Report Developer /Tableau Developer/Data Analyst/BI ETL Developer
- MS of Management Information System with 8 years experience of SQL
- Over 5 years of data analysis experience.
- Experience manipulating complex datasets through Tableau and SQL queries.
- Professional experience with BI tools such as SSIS, SSRS, Tableau and Crystal Report.
- 3+ years experience with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server.
- Experience with data analysis software such as R, SAS, Alteryx.
- Professional experience in Health care setting with operations of health care data, medical application system, work procedures, etc.
- Deep knowledge in health care claim data and business workflow procedures
- Strong problem - solving skills and ability to prioritize conflicting requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional experience in communicating with business users to understand their needs and then translate them into solutions which deliver business values.
- Comfortable working as both part of a high-performing, diverse team and as an independent performer.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- 5 years of MSBI Reporting, 3 years of Tableau Developing. Adept at developing complex reports with aesthetics by using Tableau or SSRS. Experience with full life cycle implementation of dashboard/reporting solution and Agile Methodology. Extensive SQL skills, Understanding of ETL processes, and data warehousing principles.
- 3 years of interactive dashboards, data visualization and story board development and presentation skills using Tableau 8/9.
- Hands on with extracting data by using 3rd ETL Tools (Alteryx), Knowledge of using tableau
- Deep understanding with how to translate business requirements into efficient visualizations and reporting.
- Experience in merging multiple data sources by joining and blending.
- Worked on the development of Dashboards with KPI for the top management by using techniques from Tableau such as aggregates, hierarchies, charts, box plots, mapping, filters, quick filterscontext filter, data blending, table calculations, trend lines, forecast analytics, and parameters.
- Knowledge of testing, deploying and scheduling report in Tableau Server. Skill with teaching clients how to better visualize data using Tableau.
- Proficient in design views with various kinds of charts such as TreeMap, Scatter plots, dual map
- Barinbar, Waterfall, Lollipop, etc.
- Used Tableau to extract digital marketing data from Google Analytics and to design viewsworksheets and dashboards to analyze potential online visits patterns, etc.
- 6 years of overall experience with multiple tools of the MSBI suite of products and hands on working knowledge in IT industries as SQL/MSBI developer, majority experience in MS SQL Server 2012/2008 with Business Intelligence in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created ETL packages using SQL Server 2008/2012 SSIS Designer to extract data from flat filereformat the data, and insert the reformatted data into fact table, loaded different types of dimension and fact tables into data warehouse, deployed SSIS packages and solutions into production system using SSDT or BIDS.
- Developed projects using SQL Server 2008/2012 SSAS, created data source/data source view/cube with measure and dimensions, configured attributes of dimension table with hierarchy relationships; modified cube and dimensions, deployed KPIs on SSRS and created different metrics, added new measure groups and dimensions; created data - mining solutions in BIDS or SSDT, deployed them to
- SSAS instance, trained the model and queried the model using DMX.
- Generated variety of business reports using SQL Server 2008/2012 SSRS, Tableau including matrix report, parameter report, dashboard with charts and drill down function; built reports from Analysis
- Services cube using MDX query designer; configured report server and deployed reports on web
- Server and SharePoint.
- SQL skills of using aggregate functions, complex joins and sub-queries for involving multiple tablescreating and modifying Store Procedures, creating Triggers, Views, Temp Tables, and CTE to accomplish business objects.
- Created database tables with various constraints including primary key, foreign key, etc.. Loaded data from flat data files into SQL Server 2008/2012 database tables using bcp, bulk insert, and table export/import; loaded data from flat data files and excel sheet into Oracle database using SQL*Loader and SQL Developer.
Database systems: SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 11g/12C, MSBI 2008/2012.
Reporting: SSRS, Tableau, Access 2007/2010, Power BI, Crystal Reports 2008/2011.
Scripting Language: SQL, T - SQL, P/L SQL, TeraData, MySQL, Excel Visual Basic, VB.net
Visualization tools: Tableau, PowerBI
MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAS, OBIEE, Hadoop
BI developer/Tableau developer
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Created business reports distribution automation system by designing SSIS ETL packages
- Designed and created business dashboards by using Tableau.
- Generating daily, weekly and monthly reports by SQL and distribute them to business users
- Generating adhoc reports by querying data in SQL Server database based on business users requirements.
- Generating reports by querying data in Teradata database for business users.
- Creating and designing lists and libraries in share point site for tracking issues in production for end users by using share point 2013, share point designer 2013 and infopath 2013.
- Enter medical claims in EMR system (Epic Hyperspace) and legacy system ( AOMS mainframe system)
- Run and monitor robot systems for processing and batching medical claims in mainframe system
- Validating and testing medical claim system data by using Excel 2013 with vLookup, concatenate functions, etc to compare data from different sources.
Tableau analyst and developer
Environment: Tableau 9.1 (Server, Desktop and Administrator), SQL Server 2012, Excel 2013, Windows 2008, SharePoint 2013, Share point designer 2013, InfoPath designer 2013
- Responsible for gathering BI requirements (business/functional), and analysis of business needs.
- Closely work with Project Managers to develop detailed task based project plans, monitor and track the work schedule and leading and mentoring team members.
- Accountable for Project Documentation includes delivering Business, Functional and Deployment documents as per Brocade standards and policies.
- Facilitate and conduct Reporting Design sessions, functional and technical discussions and reviews with the project team.
- Responsible for designing and developing tableau dashboards with advanced visualizations and features for Claims Operations, Auditing and Accounts AP teams, and publish Tableau workbooks and dashboards into Tableau server and embed and integrate Tableau dashboards into Share Point portal.
- Involved in setting up basic security through Tableau Administration and managing extracts.
- Migration (Redesign) of Cognos reports into Tableau with additional tableau features, and integration with Share point.
- Responsible for ETL Mappings Design and Development (EMR(EPIC) Data source to CDW, enhancements to existing ETL mappings)
- Tableau features such as dashboards, story points, calculated fields, date filter, table calculationBar charts, text fields are used in this project.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Confidential, San Bruno, CA
- Designed and developed business reports based on clients business requirements by TableauSSRS, Crystal reports and T - SQL.
- Designed and developed probation application system with SSRS for our client, Confidential
- Help our clients get insights by using Tableau to analyze potential business expansion in developing projects.
- Query data in Hadoop Hive, put them in RDMS and generate reports by Tableau
- Assisting in the design and support of ETL jobs and SSIS packages.
- Gathering, analyzing and defining business requirements and translate them into technical solutions which can deliver business values.
- Creating KPIs to improve corporate profitability measures using SSAS
- Assisting in the development and implementation of data warehouse and data marts.
- Designed applications with VB.net
Confidential, San Bruno, CA
- Manipulated, cleansed & processed data using Excel, Access, SQL and SSIS components.
- Responsible for extracting, loading and validation of the company s manufacturing data
- Interviewed business users to get business requirements.
- Analyzed raw data, drew conclusions & developed recommendations.
- Used SSIS tasks and wrote T - SQL scripts to transform data for data loads and extracts.
- Involved in designing data warehouse for reporting purpose.
- Designed cubes by SSAS and analyzed business information.
- Generated business reports by SSRS and Crystal reports based on business requirements.
- Prepared various statistical data analysis reports by Excel for corporate clients, provided ad - hoc updates and modified report templates as required
- Scripted VBA code which helped managers to store client meeting activity information in automated way
- Created complex formulas and conditions to convert raw data in business information, applied vlookup function to merge or filter information from various data set for reporting and statistics gathering purposes
- Efficiently used PivotTables and Lists to summaries required statistics, helped decision makers to review progress and draw future plans
- Created interactive statistics generating module in MS Access to publish reports, this helped timely distribution of dashboards and business statistics while maintaining data accuracy
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Assisted in creating and maintaining E - commerce web site by using HTML
- Performed analysis and presented results using SQL, MS Access, Excel and Visual Basic Scripts.