Accomplished Business Intelligence Professional with over 15 years of IT experience with a wide range of Oracle technologies from Discoverer to Hyperion and from E - Business Suite to Data Warehousing. Worked as a lead on various complex projects including datacenter migrations, implementation of Hyperion, OBIEE, and Siebel Analytics. Thorough knowledge of Informatica and other ETL tools. Quick-learner with strong analytical skills.
AREAS OF KEY EXPERTISE:
Databases: Oracle (8i-12c), ESSBASE, SQL Server, MySQL
Operating Systems: UNIX (IBM AIX, Solaris) RedHat Linux, Windows NT-2008
Other Tools and Expertise: Oracle Applications 11i, Hyperion and Essbase 9.3-126.96.36.199 , OBIEE 10g and 11g, Anaplan, Discoverer, Informatica, ODI 10g/11g, XML, JSP, HTML, JDBC, Oracle Application Server, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, SSL.
Senior BI Consultant
- Performed patching and upgrades of clients’ Hyperion Confidential ( Confidential and Planning) environments.
- Provided ongoing technical support to the team during implementation.
- Performed troubleshoot infrastructure issues and performance tuning for Oracle Hyperion products.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- Provided on-going support, for all Business Intelligence applications, running on Windows, Linux, and AIX platforms, data loads from E-Business Suite into Data Warehouse.
- Led BI activities during enterprise-wide in-housing project (All IT applications that were hosted in Oracle-On-Demand have been insourced to new Confidential data center).
- Led OBIEE 10g to 11g upgrade as well as maintenance release upgrades. Completed POC of OBIEE 188.8.131.52 to 12c upgrade.
- Led OBIEE scale out from single to multi-node load-balanced environment.
- Led Hyperion ARM (Account Reconciliation) implementation and upgrades (184.108.40.206-220.127.116.11 ).
- Led Hyperion IR (Brio) upgrades (Hyperion 8.6 to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199)
- Completed fresh implementation of HFM 188.8.131.52.500 and upgrade to 184.108.40.206.
- Provided mentoring and KT to India support team and on-shore DBAs.
- Performed Informatica platform (PowerCenter and IDE 9.5.1) implementation to replace old and obsolete DPA ETL tool.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Senior Hyperion Infrastructure Consultant
- Installed and configured Hyperion Confidential System comprising various products (HFM, FDM, Planning, Essbase, FR, ODI) versions from 9.3.x to 11.1.2.x in SSL and non-SSL environments.
- Recommended hardware and application architecture for various implementations.
- Performed patching and upgrades, e.g. direct upgrades such as 9.3.1 to 9.3.3, parallel implementations and upgrades, such as 9.3.3 to 220.127.116.11. Performed upgrades of Planning, HFM, FDM, Reporting & Analysis products.
- Provided on-going support and troubleshooting for multiple projects and Manage Services customers.
- Customers with fresh 18.104.22.168 implementations: Shutterfly, Prospect Mortgage, Rambus, Harmonic.
- Customers with upgrades 9.3.1-9.3.3 : QLogic, Wind River Systems.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- Coordinated, mentored, trained, and headed the off-shore Operations and Development teams and activities related to upgrades and migrations of Business Intelligence technologies and infrastructure. Designed and executed steps for parallel builds, migration, and switchover during multiple datacenter move activities.
- Provided on-going support, for all Business Intelligence applications, running on Windows, Linux, and AIX platforms, which included:
- Operational support for entire BI architecture (Informatica, Data Quality, Data Warehouse, Essbase, Planning, Interactive and Financial reporting, OBIEE).
- Database and applications upgrades, patches, and modifications.
- Cross platform migrations, supporting projects involving data center migrations.
- Database and Applications tuning, configuring SSL, Load Balancing.
- Led the following upgrade/migration Business Intelligence MIS projects: Informatica upgrade 6.x to 8.1.1 from Windows to Linux platform, High Availability configuration, Upgrade from 8.1.1 to 9.0.1; OBIEE 11g HR Analytics implementation; Hyperion upgrades from 9.0.x to 22.214.171.124 and to 9.3.1.x, including repository migration from SQL Server to Oracle, security and artifacts migrations using LCM utility, instance refreshes from Prod to Test.
- Worked as a principal operations engineer in OBIEE/Siebel implementation project, providing support for multiple OBIEE 10g environments including test to production and reverse migrations of OBIEE repositories, catalogs, and Informatica repositories.
- Monitored and tuned interfaces for entire ETL lifecycles including transactional source, transformation, and data warehouse and data mart target tiers.
- Provided on-going support for Oracle Applications 11i multi-tier architecture, running on AIX and Linux platforms, which included:
- Database and applications backup and recovery procedures, database cloning and refreshes
- Database and applications tuning, upgrades, patches, and modifications
- Designed and coded monitoring and notification shell scripts for development, test, reporting, and production systems.
- Provided support to 50+ backend Oracle databases for enterprise applications: E-Business Suite, Siebel, Informatica, Clarify, and Hyperion ESSBASE.
- Provided on-going support to diversified users community, business analysts and developers in Corporate Headquarters and offices in Germany, Japan, India, and Australia.
- Ensured SOX compliance in the area of E-Business Suite security.
Confidential, Hayward, CA
- Performed Applications 11i upgrade from 11.5.9 to 11.5.10 and migration from Windows to Linux platform.
- Provided on-going support, tuning, upgrades, and patching for Oracle Applications 11i on Windows 2000 Server and Redhat Linux platform.
- Implemented and provided on-going support for Oracle Collaboration Suite on Windows 2000 Server platform.
- Provided recommendations for hardware configurations and architecture.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Provided on-going support, upgrades, patching, and tuning of Oracle DBs running on Solaris 8 and RedHat Linux platforms as well as Oracle DBs running on a Windows 2000 platform
- Developed and implemented procedures on converting Confidential Databases to UTF8 character set to provide Multilanguage support for the application.
- Developed and implemented processes and procedures to upgrade Confidential Oracle databases from 8.1.6 to 126.96.36.199 release.
- Designed and developed procedures on loading third-party data into relational schemas via XML DB.