- Experienced Data Analyst/SQL Analyst/Data Quality Analyst/Business Analyst with 7+ years’ experience in IT, Ecommerce, Banking, Hi - Tech and insurance industry.
- Adept at analyzing and modeling business processes, requirements gathering and expectation management.
- Skilled at developing a deep understanding of an organizations business and culture and building collaborative environments receptive to views of divergent stakeholders.
- Experienced in data mapping, data modeling and collecting various data metrics for marketing, performance return of investments and customer-level engagement projects.
- Extensive experience in Process/Data Modeling, Quality Assurance/Testing of both client and server side and data warehousing applications.
- Well versed in analyzing requirements, instilling changes in business processes and managing data flow in a project.
- Skilled in eliciting stakeholder demands and translating them to data, functional, quality and usability requirements.
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (Waterfall, Spiral, Agile & other SDLC implementation) and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC).
- Strong experience in UML artifacts related to Business Modeling and Requirements, to support requirements Elicitation, Analysis, Specifications, Traceability, Validation, Verification and Requirement Management.
- Experienced in preparing Score Cards and metric reports using MS Access and Excel.
- Business Intelligence experience including requirements, data analysis, designing /mode ling relational DB, data warehousing, transformation and conversion, report development and prototyping, root-cause analysis, reverse engineering and data reconciliation
- Worked with data validation, adhoc report, report validation using excel, VBA Macro, crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- Excellent SQL and PL/SQL skills for creating queries, procedures, database triggers to collect profile and scan data.
- Worked with Teradata, MS SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL database environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision vis-à-vis contributing productively as a team member.
- Experienced in creating and review data models PDM using ErWin and ERstudio. And reverse engineering documentation and understanding the CDM using Visio.
- Extensively used HP QC for reviewing the data / data quality related issues that needed escalation to the governance team / steward.
- Actively used Requisite Pro to capture data requirements that helps improve scalability and traceability of application.
- Used configuration management tools like VSS, clear case and BMS
- Performed Data profiling and scanning for the data governance team to set the data quality criteria using rules engine
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000/NT, UNIX, WINDOWS XP/98/95 and LINUX
Databases & Tools: ORACLE 8i/9i/10g/11g, MySQL, MS SQL Server, DB2, T-SQL
ETL: Informatica 9, AbInitio, DataStage
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, Microsoft SSRS, Business Objects, Cognos, SAS
Web Technologies: XML/HTML/DHTML/CSS MS SQL, Servlets
Quality Management: Jira, HP QC
Process Tools: Rational Requisite Pro 2001, Rational ClearcasePackages MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio), Macros using VBA
Languages: VBScript, SQL,PL/SQL
Confidential, Cranford, NJ
- Identified and prioritized strategic themes of the business to align them with IT strategies thereby growing revenue, improving profits through efficient quality of services.
- Collected key data metrics to determine mandatory and discretionary investments based on the prioritizations and projected the expected returns using MS Access.
- Created implementation checklist, using MS Excel for turnover to Application Continuity and Production Support.
- Validated and informed the technical design through data analysis across multiple layers of data warehouses, source systems and B2B channels
- Responsible for data mapping and data mediation between the source data table and WMO data tables using MS Access and MS Excel.
- Created SQL queries to pull out data and metrics from the database.
- Used Quality Center to resolve data and reported system defects by coordinating between the SME and development team.
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
- Creating/altering T-SQL stored procedures, UDFS, and statistical sampling code that feeds (SSIS) packages.
- Tested datasets using several stored procedures.
- Wrote the SQL queries on data staging tables and data warehouse tables to validate the data results.
- Checked the naming standards, data integrity and referential integrity.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to identify granularity issues and relationships between data sets and created recommended solutions based on analysis of the query results
- Tested the database to check field size validation, check constraints, stored procedures and cross verifying the field size defined within the application with metadata.
- Identified, suggested and managed improvements in the process to meet data quality criteria.
- Using and generating pivot tables to provide LOB ad hoc reports via SSRS
- Created adhoc reports and pivot tables in Excel 2013 using VBA and macros.
Environment: SQL Server, Quality Center 9.0, Business Objects, Oracle 10g/11g, Unix IBM AIX 5.5, T- SQL, XML Files, XSLT, XML Spy 2010, Pivot Tables, Macro, SQL,DWH ETL, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, PL/SQL. Excel, UAT.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
- Review Mapping Documents formula and rule engine.
- Involved in Logical and Physical modeling of various Data marts as well as data warehouse
- Analyzing change request for the existing mapping and creating an impact analysis for the change on Data
- Writing new mappings specification according to the business data requirements
- Suggested and reviewed Materialized views to store aggregate values
- Prepared Test data preparation strategy and data masking strategy for the shared test environment
- Involved in completing data testing before the UAT.
- Co-ordinate with development and QA team for handling of defects with respect to data
- Interact with clients/business users when issues arise on Data governance
- Provide support during parallel and reverse parallel runs.
- Created spreadsheet with all the production issues/solutions as part of lessons learnt and to help form FAQ for the maintenance team.
- Used Pivot tables, vlookups and conditional formatting to verify telemarketing data against data uploaded to proprietary database and online reporting.
- Created ETL mapping documents for every mapping and Data Migration document for smooth transfer of project from development to testing environment and then to production environment.
- Created data rules to handle SCD Type II data using PL SQL.
- Helped sequence the workflows for batch based on dependency to improve the time taken for end to end loading.
- The order data thus loaded into SQL Server was used to generate reports using the new SSRS 2008
- Reviewed all artifacts created with respect to Logical and physical data models including Tables, procedures, indices, synonyms, views, functions, triggers, sequence, constraints
Environment: Quality Center 10.0, Agile, Java, .NET, XML, HTML, Windows and Unix, Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD for Oracle 9.1, Oracle 10g, Pivot Tables, MS Office, COGNOS, UAT.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Gathered Business requirements based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Conducted JAD sessions with SME including business owners, sponsors and analysts.
- Worked with the Product Managing team in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly.
- Conducted back end email tracking using MySQL to do the success rate study to measure Email Broadcast campaign success, deliverability and measure marketing response for each of the campaigns.
- Collected metrics using MySQL like number of emails generated, percentage of who opens, forwards and clicks-through for the campaign.
- Analyzed and conducted data mapping of the metrics with the member profile data and also the attendance and purchasing data to understand the overall profiles of the members.
- Designed and developed Use Cases and Activity Diagrams using UML in rational rose and Visio.
- Created MySQL queries to pull out user-level activity data and various other metrics defining popularity of products on the website.
- Collected user related visitor-level metrics like frequency of visits, duration and number of unique visits and stickiness to measure the effectiveness of the recommendations available.
- Extensively used MySQL Toad for querying underlying database tables and resolving data issues.
- Assisted the Product support team to create and constantly update the FAQ section by actively researching issues and addressing customer questions.
Environment: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Excel, Excel Data Analysis features, Excel VBA, MS Word, UML, ETL, SQL, TOAD, Visio.
Confidential, Roseville, CA
- Created workflow diagrams for the Claims Management module including, track, record and calculate lost work time.
- Provided business cycle time and cost metrics to suggest re-engineering of processes to reduce them and increase output for customer satisfaction.
- Understood the process flows, data and algorithms for Claims Management module including the ability to track employee benefit type, out-of-work time period, wages earned etc.
- Subject Matter Expert of the National Council on Compensation Insurance NCCI and EDI-IAIABC Reporting requirements and reports generation using MS Excel and advanced use of VBA and macros.
- Created SQL queries and database triggers for state mandated reports and data elements.
- Conducted data modeling and data mapping for reporting data elements.
- Analyzed data discrepancies and validated them with the client business rules.
- Defined milestones in project plan using MS Visio with the help of WBS and network diagram.
- Produced documentation including detailed Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and assisted to produce Technical Specification and Operations Manual.
- Identified Use cases from the Functional requirements and wrote Use Case Specifications and created business process workflow diagrams in MS Visio.
- Assisted Developers in Data Modeling using Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD).
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams throughout the project life cycle.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 SSRS, SSIS, MS Access, Excel, Excel Data Analysis features, Excel VBA, MS Word