Confidential, Washington, DC
Training Programs Analyst
- Program manager for current leadership and workforce development workshops and trainings currently administered within the division, developing financial and program data to identify trends, problems, and decision points, and highlight internal controls for the execution of projects, including new metrics and evaluation methods for $5 mil training budget.
- Developed Confidential Training Needs Analysis report, which provided Learning & Performance department guidance on: contract management, performance management, procurement and program level budget formulation and execution for FY 14.
- Learn.com Learning Management System administrator supervising in the reporting of training data including competency mapping and career management
- Management of vendor contract including statement of work and expenditure tracking for technology based FY13 Mentoring Program.
- Prepare briefings for management officials on project status, requirements, budgets, technical and administrative support
- Supervision of vendor administration of employee mentoring program
- Recording and tracking training expenses in conjunction with various individual employee development programs offered within voucher accounts in conjunction with the Graduate School, OPM Federal Executive Institute and the Department of State Foreign Service Institute.
- Evaluation of regional US Commercial Service and Global Markets training needs domestically and internationally.
- Collaborating with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) to examine and evaluate IT infrastructure to support current and future training and development needs.
- Use of various instructional technologies to create online and blended learning solutions created with Adobe Captivate and synchronous webinar delivery using Adobe Connect.
- Participation in Commerce - wide committee on the future learning technologies reporting complex data communications on a variety of innovative learner technologies to a broad audience including executive level leadership.
Management & Program Analyst, Rockville, MD
- Support the Learning Management System (LMS) through administrative IT functions, which serve as the primary LMS for the Operating divisions (OPDIVS).
- Program manager for current leadership and workforce development workshops and trainings currently administered within the division, developing strategies for the execution of projects, including new metrics.
- Team leader responsible for overseeing a subordinate staff of professionals, analysts and/or specialists in conducting various course design and development projects and assignments, assigning technical work, coordinating assignment activities, reviewing progress and products and providing feedback to team members, and summarizing performance contributions made by each team member.
- As a member of HHS Learning and Development Council operating in conformance with regulatory guidance regarding Supervisor 101 online and classroom training. Analyzed and interpreted the guidance in conjunction with various subject matter experts and authored online technical training for other internal and external customers.
- Participation on various Council subcommittee groups on e-learning and instructional design standard both internal and external to the agency.
- Provide training needs analysis to develop learning objectives for a variety of occupations within agency staff and operating divisions seeking training and performance enhancement for up to 80,000+ users agency wide.
- Use of ADDIE and ISD principles to assist in the design, implementation, beta- testing and interoperability testing of e-Learning courses supporting workforce and professional development across HHS operating divisions. Some courses include: Diversity Awareness, Purchase Card, Appropriations Law, Information Security, Compliance, and Supervisory 101).
- Utilize Trivantis Lectora course authoring tool to create various in house course content.
- Utilize SkillSoft SkillStudio tool to amend and tailor existing content for targeted populations.
- Evaluated statistical results from OPM’s Annual training Needs Analysis report to communicate immediate recommendations to senior leadership. The report addressed new technologies, obsolete workforce skills, and the challenges of organizations in transition. Analysis of findings included gathering, analyzing, and summarizing data in order to assess and assist in the development of an organization’s employee training initiative(s).
- Analyzed the efficacy, applicability, and impact of the Office of Human Resource’s current learning programs identified future issues that might impact the ability to meet program goals from OPM Training Needs Analysis findings.
- As part of the OHR transformation plan 2010 participated in the effort to create a Career Development Plan for employees agency wide which included: determining the requirements, developing new training materials: conducting job/performance interviews; administered questionnaires; document reviews; and reviews of panels of subject matter experts.
- Communication with course content development vendors, subject matter experts and other stakeholders to provide software applications compliant with government regulations, 508 compliance and federal legislation.
- Acted as the contracting officer’s technical representative in procuring and executing vendor course authoring/editing training for groups of department staff.
- Created physical and electronic training media repository and facilitated a 12 week classroom and web-based training for staff, including assessments and evaluations. independently conducted e-learning benchmark to determine the future state of e-learning at HHSU and recommended solutions to senior level employees in my immediate organization.
- Lead author of the Supervisor 101 online course technical training on the Learning Management System at HHS. Supervisor 101 highlights the roles and responsibilities of supervisors and managers in developing their employees both technically and organizationally.
- Participated in hiring and screening of candidates performing both specialist and supervisory IT/Project management functions within department.
- Represent the Chief Learning Officer (CLO) at various industry events providing high-level context, communications and networking to advance the organization’s mission regarding earning initiatives in order to ensure accomplishment of organizational goals.
- Strategically provided expert in-depth training advisory services to senior staff/ Chief Learning Officer including communication the benefits and costs of training programs.
- Collaboration with LMS vendors and host in the development and implementation of latest courseware upgrades, migrations and testing within the LMS.
- Dedicated project lead for a wide variety of e-learning and LMS projects which increase user engagement, measure effectiveness and advance human capital efforts.
Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response, Washington, DC
- Supporting a variety of administrative, security and technical operational interagency efforts that support the hosting of various international delegations visiting with HHS staff both physically and virtually.
- At temporary duty station (TDS) within the Secretary’s Operations Center (SOC) I provided operational support as watch officer. I also trained in Med Mapping GIS applications and FEMA ICS course series to support emergency response efforts.
- Assisting US Department of State office of Conflict Stabilization Operations (CSO) through interagency collaboration by performing country analysis/data collection with health conflict emphasis. Reported findings to leadership and field operatives to support the global collaborative effort involving ministries of health, NGO’s and various federal agencies.
- Collaboration with Confidential /Training Exercise Lessons Learned (TELL) division to outline and benchmark learning and development practices in HHS Operations.
- Participated in the Nation Level Exercise NLE 2012 as a planner for the Confidential /International Response Programs Branch. Attended various meetings and drafted Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) plan for the exercise.
- At Adult Children and Families (ACF)/ Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) temporary duty station, created an MOU between HHS/ACF, its grantee and Department of State/ Bureau of Consular Affairs which outlined the repatriation of US citizens during non-emergencies. Facilitated weekly meetings involving various leadership, legal counsel, policy analysts, case managers, and financial directors.
Confidential, Rosslyn, VA
- Managed delivery of both classroom and asynchronous coursework within designated content areas while remaining compliant with local city and state regulatory bodies.
- Utilize current industry knowledge and practical experience to illustrate real-world application of unit and course competencies.
- Introduced new program objective goals, systems and concepts; proposing new performance standards as illustrated through several rubrics and evaluated methods to achieve objectives
- Identified system requirements, education and training opportunities.
- Gathered all necessary back-up documentation from facilities, review documentation for accuracy and organize documentation for comprehensibility.
- Collaboration with departmental faculty in curriculum development. Providing documentation with questions and attendance at school wide workshops and participation in school wide initiatives.
- Facilitation of communication with faculty inter-departmentally to cross-utilize additional tools and resources to assist students in demonstrating their mastery of specific content areas, while exposing them to additional ones.
- Preparation and review of midterm and final grades for submission to online learning system.
- Represent the institution at various trade and industry events.
- Administration of end of course evaluation to assess student experience and documentation of future course enhancements.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Interpret degree program requirements, university policies, expectations and reporting requirements.
- Draft and edit guidance applications and contributions to regional protocols and procedures regarding coaching and development of new counselors.
- Collaborate with various divisions within Confidential and University of Phoenix Online to enhance new and tenured student retention.
- Work in partnership with additional counselors servicing the Northeastern US states staff to centrally manage a full range of program/project management functions in accordance with local city and state education regulatory guidelines.
- Provide students with information that supports responsible borrowing and student financial accountability in accordance with Title IV funding.
- Receiving students from matriculation processes, I provide technical assistance to undergraduate and graduate students, determine eligibility for additional support services and monitor academic performance and progression.
- Ensure Information Security adhering to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality
Confidential, Cambridge, NY
Recruiter (Project Manager)
- Coordinated with a variety of businesses in identifying personnel needs, attending trade shows, local colleges/universities and job fairs.
- Conducted a variety of interviews and evaluations of candidates using both face-to-face behavioral based interviewing methodologies.
- Manage scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and hiring managers.
- Provide candidates with detailed information on companies, business strategies, department background, job descriptions, and expectations management.
- Organize, leads and documented post-interview debrief/feedback and post-mortems with interview teams and candidates.
- Perform detailed reference checking and/or reference analysis on selected candidates and communicated results to hiring managers.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Trained hotel/restaurant/ resort staff including entry-level, administrative and executive professionals.
- Developed professional instructional plans for each staff in preparation for “go-live” environment.
- Provided feedback and evaluation of staff during simulations and cutover support.
- Created training curriculums, updated policies and procedures, and implemented several processes that created a comprehensive program for the newest software suite.
- Provided live cutover support of software applications for staff handling daily point of sale business transactions and during hotel audits. Wrote re-funding applications yearly and applied for additional funds from other sources as necessary.
- Conducted quality assurance reviews of system usability both remotely and on-site and managed programmatic audits of the applications.
- Liaised with quality assurance and beta testing of additional versions and patches of the new software suite working alongside the software development team. Communicated end user requests to development team.