- Senior level professional with extensive background in data warehouse and business intelligence solution design
- Strong analytical skills, operational and strategic oriented
- Very strong technical background in Business Intelligence, Data warehousing and ERP implementation
- Full data warehouse and business intelligence implementation life cycle (Agile and Waterfall Models)
- Experience in conducting requirement and design workshops.
- Experience with global delivery model including offshore development
- Experience with end to end data warehouse and business intelligence global implementation
- Experience leading technical teams that consist of business analysts, ETL and BI developers.
- Proficient in managing very large data warehouse and business intelligence projects
- Experience in dimensional modeling, star schema design and snow flake schema design
- Experience with fit gap analysis for data warehouse and business intelligence implementation
- Extensive design and development in data warehouse design, ETL, dashboards and reports experience
- Experience in system performance testing
- Full understanding of data warehouse architecture, ETL processes, tools, hardware, performance, metadata consideration
- Extensive QA management, UAT and test script creation
- Risk management experience (risk identification, assessment, mitigation)
- Experience with project timeline determination, budget estimation and staffing plans
Enterprise Data Warehouse: full lifecycle implementation, Business intelligence, data mining and business performance management, familiar with a variety of BI tools (Oracle Business Intelligence, Confidential Business Intelligence, Business Objects, Hyperion Essbase)
Database: Oracle, SQL Server
Oracle BI Applications (OBIA): 7.9.4, 7.9.5, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
Oracle ERP: 10.7, 11.0.2, 11.0.3, 11i, R12
ETL/Data Integration tools: Informatica
OS: Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows
Business Intelligence & Reporting Lead
- Lead the requirement gathering workshops and design sessions for business intelligence needs.
- Analyze and document user requirements.
- Collaborate with data integration (ETL) and BI developers to implement reporting solutions.
- Collaborate with PMO office to provide project timelines, budget and resource requirements for major projects.
- Manage and prioritize enhancement requests across different reporting requirements.
- Perform analysis, dashboard design and collaborate with business to develop UAT test cases.
- Provide guidance and career development for employees.
- Manage the delivery of the requirements, analysis, testing and production support for all transactional reporting needs specifically in business areas such as AP, AR, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, GL and Order Management.
- Managed the end to end implementation for the reporting track in the upgrade from Oracle EBS 11i to R12. A total of over 300 reports were involved in the project.
Enterprise Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Lead
- Managed the overall global delivery of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions using OBIEE (semantic and metadata layers), OBIA, DAC and Informatica for HR and Projects business areas.
- Developed estimated timelines and identified resources.
- Led the requirements, analysis, design, implementation and support of data warehouse and business intelligence architecture and solutions by working with the business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Managed requests and prioritized requirements to be implemented with the business.
- Managed internal and offshore vendor resources.
- Conducted code reviews.
- Set development and documentation standards.
- Managed the upgrade of OBIEE 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.1.
- Ensured compliance with data warehouse, Informatica, ETL and RPD coding standards as well as documentation standards.
- Provided support in day to day and design related issues.
- Performed gap analysis and provided detailed design documents.
- Built reports and dashboards for executives and HR.
- Coordinated integration testing, user acceptance testing and production migration.
Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Lead Architect
- Responsible for the overall global delivery of the data warehouse using Informatica and business intelligence solutions.
- Worked with BI Manager to deliver DW/BI roadmap and resource/capacity planning.
- Led the gathering of requirements and the design of new data warehouse tables/columns and metadata objects in Financial (AR, AP, GL, FA), Supply Chain (INV, PO), Sales (OM) and HR (HR) Analytics.
- Worked with business users to influence the changes required in Oracle EBS to improve business process and more efficient reporting.
- Managed and coordinated multiple projects with technical and
- Performed gap analysis and provided detailed technical design document to any additions or modifications of the metadata objects and/or ETL mappings of BI Applications.
- Managed the conversion of Business Objects reporting solution to OBIEE reporting solution for financial modules.
- Managed offshore and internal development teams.
- Managed the delivery of the reporting solution for corporate reporting to executives and for finance and manufacturing reporting for finance, planners and manufacturing users. This includes project planning, work estimation, requirements gathering, development management, coordinating testing with business and production migration.
- Provided work estimates and worked with the business to prioritize requirements to be implemented.
- Provided support to the technical team in day to day and design issues.
- Conducted design and code reviews.
- Ensured compliance with data warehouse, Informatica, ETL and metadata coding standards as well as documentation standards.
- Reviewed and approved the production implementation packages prior to being formally submitted for implementation.
- Coordinated integration testing, user acceptance testing and production migration.
- Provided support for integration and user acceptance testing.
- Provided support to report writers from the business on OBI Answers/Dashboards building and usage as well as report performance.
- Provided production end user support.
Manager, Specialized Services
- Managed technical team.
- Led the gathering of requirements and the development of detailed design across different Oracle products such as Oracle e - Business Suite (EBS Rel 11.5.x to 12), Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Oracle BI Applications, ETL, Oracle Discoverer and BI Publisher.
- Designed and developed solutions using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Oracle BI Applications, Informatica, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Oracle Workflow, Oracle Forms, Forms Personalization, BI Publisher, Discoverer and shell scripting in across different Oracle modules such as AR, AP, OM, INV, PO, Projects, Installed Base, Service Contracts.
- Provided work estimates on technical related tasks and involved in project planning.
- Conducted code reviews and technical design reviews.
- Mentored consultants within the practice.
- Served as subject matter expert in BI projects.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Provided business solutions using PL/SQL, Discoverer, Alerts, Workflow, Reports, Forms Personalization using Logical Apps in Oracle EBS Manufacturing and Distribution modules.
- Recommended the use of XML Publisher and provided a proof of concept on functionalities such as printing and emailing documents within Oracle Applications.
- Proposed a technical architecture solution for Business Intelligence, XML Publisher, Discoverer, Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP) and EDI for more efficient and scalable Oracle ERP system.
- Provided guidance to less senior developers.
- Maintained and enhanced custom OA (Self Service Application) pages.
- Worked in various projects in Performance Applications, ETL, and BI implementation. Tasks included the gathering of business requirements, designing of the data models, delivering OLAP cubes and reports and providing knowledge transfer and training.
Confidential, San Dimas, CA
Senior Oracle Applications/DW/BI Developer
- Designed and developed a global data warehouse to track end user sales, specifically responsible for the development of star schema dimensional data model, the development of ETL processes using PL/SQL, implementation standards and the development of Confidential Impromptu reports.
- Designed a global data warehouse project using Confidential Performance Applications for Sales and implemented ETL process using DecisionStream and cubes and reports using Transformer and Impromptu Administrator, PowerPlay respectively. DOS and UNIX scripts were also implemented for automation.
- Designed and setup a Confidential multi server environment for load balancing.
- Resolved critical production related issues across different modules in Oracle Applications, data warehouse and Confidential .
- Provided support and training in the user community.
- Analyzed and developed reports and forms using PL/SQL, Oracle Reports and Forms for Oracle Applications in financial, manufacturing and distribution modules.
- Analyzed and developed European Sales Tracings, a custom application using PL/SQL and Oracle Forms.
- Advised technical team on APIs usage and custom extensions on Oracle Applications.
- Delivered a functioning Discoverer solution in Apps Mode in TEST environment.
- Developed Unix shell scripts to run programs in other servers remotely from Oracle Applications.
- Involved in the Oracle Applications 11.0.3 upgrade specifically in modules BOM, COST, ENG, INV, MRP, OE, PO and WIP.
Confidential, Brea, CA
- Analyzed and developed reports and forms using PL/SQL, Oracle Reports and Forms for Oracle Applications particularly in modules in AP, AR, FA, GL, INV, OE, Service, BOM, WIP and PO to meet user requirements.
- Created labels, checks, and business documents that include invoice, pack slip, credit memo, statement and bill of lading using StreamServe and Reports 2.5.
- Provided support in the user community.
- Developed PL/SQL scripts for 1099 conversion and modifications to interface programs to import current open invoices.
- Wrote Unix shell scripts to backup and move interface data files to and from Oracle, to SQL*Load multiple files, and to archive FTP directories.
- Created user accounts and granted responsibility privileges.
- Created custom responsibilities based on users’ requirements.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Associate Member of Software Engineering
- Provided support to Engineering Information System, Material Logistics and Warehousing System, Industrial Relational Information System, Essbase Applications and Oracle Applications that involved modules in AP, GL, BOM, MRP, OE, WIP, INV, and PO.
- Created user accounts and granted responsibility privileges for users in Oracle Applications, Engineering Information System, and Industrial Relational Information System.
- Rebuilt non-production environments for developers and testers.
- Wrote SQL and UNIX shell scripts to monitor database, concurrent managers, listener, backups and database performance.
- Applied Oracle patches and Confidential customized programs in Production and non-production environments.
- Customized Oracle Applications and BPA menus based on users’ requirements.
- Scheduled Oracle Applications concurrent processes for daily and weekly jobs.
- Trained new users of Engineering Information System.
- Developed reports and forms using PL/SQL, Reports 2.5 and Forms 4.5 for Engineering Information System and Oracle Applications that involved modules in AOL, AP, INV, MRP and PO to meet users’ requirements.
- Created shipping and receiving labels using Bartender and PL/SQL and integrated in BPA Systems.