Experienced BI Solution Architect/Lead with expertise in implementing data integration and business intelligence solutions with hands on experience in ETL, MDM, data modeling, data quality and data visualization tools in various industry verticals including Finance, Compliance, Supply Chain. Handled DW architectural review and decision - making. Strong Technical Leadership in all areas of Business Intelligence Reporting and Data Warehousing. Significant experienced in resolving key project issue. Expertise in BI project planning/bugeting identifying milestones, deliverables, future roadmap and resource requirements. Passion for excellence and attention to detail that drives out-of-the-box solutions and long term solutions in all areas of my work.
- Requirements management & business Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Solutions Architecture E2E (ETL, DW, BI)
- Vendor team management and tool evaluation
- BI project planning and future road map
- Process and template design
- Mentor new team members
- Offshore co-ordination and resource management
ERP: Oracle ERP (Install Base, AR, AP, CDH)
Databases: ORACLE, Vertica, Teradata, Seaquest ( Confidential Proprietary)
CASE Tool and Other tools: Erwin, PVCS, SVN, Visio, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), SharePoint
CRM: SFDC (Developed ETL and BO universe for SFDC)
Data warehousing Tools: Business Objects 5.1.7/6.5/XIR2/BI 4.1, Informatica 9.5, WebI, Qlikview 10, Knowledge about Hadoop database and completed Hadoop POC (HDFS, PIG, HIVE, Sqoop), Vendor/Tool Evaluation and integration.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
BI Solution Architect
- Accountable for BI project Delivery (E2E). Developed and implemented project strategy and direction. Managed offshore development team. Presented final BI solution (related to project) to EDW architects. Validated/Analyzed Source data (ERP).
- Provided technical direction and support to the Data Warehousing functional and technical managers.
- Collaborated with Business stakeholders to understand data, reports, metrics, and dashboard requirements and delivered solutions in an effective manner and in alignment with BI Strategy and roadmap. (Analyzed business requirements, functional specifications documents and perform source system analysis. Performed analysis of complex functional and business requirements.)
- Performed BI / DW solution design i.e. Designed solutions for development. Participated in cross-functional teams. (Knowledge of logical and physical data model.). Developed/suggested innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems. (Accountable for the overall design of the BI application/project and mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements.)
- Designed ETL technical specification. BO Universe and Reports design and development, documentation. Provided technical leadership and consultation for BI best practices. Mentor new team members.
- Worked in Qlikview dashboard i.e. integration of Salesforce.com (SFDC external hosted environment) with ODS database (real time replication from ERP and other source systems) and data warehouse data. Designed and developed resource planning dashboard in Qlikview for management.
- Key contributor in data migration (forklift) from Oracle to Teradata database.
- Conducted Hadoop/Hive POC (i.e. move ~300 Million rows from Vertica to hive, 3 nodes cluster, Connected Hive to Qlikview, Connect SAP to Hadoop, future Hadoop infrastructure and solution architecture layout/planning etc.)
- Developed cost structure by identifying all cost points including labour, software and hardware, support. (Planned for ~ $8 Million project).
- Recommended appropriate technologies to support the implementation of the BI roadmap.
- Good Knowledge of quality procedures, while executing projects and have done foundation course for 6 Sigma. Exposure to the industry standards processes e.g. SOX compliance (Remedy tool).
Environment: : Informatica 9.5 (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor), Business Objects XIR2/R3/BI 4.1,WebI, Oracle, AppWorx (ETL Scheduling tool), Qlikview dashboard tool, Teradata, Vertica, Hadoop, Hive
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. Team Lead
- Source data analysis and DW Data validation.
- Designed ETL technical specification. Discussed requirements with offshore team (ETL code). Involved in SQL performance tuning. Reviewed the ETL Code and reports prepared by the offshore team members. Provided user Support in their ad-hoc analysis. Reviewed functional specification and provided feedback to team. BO code (universe/reports) reviewed.
- Managed a 4-member data warehouse development team.
- Prepared technical specification for data loading and data validation.
- Studied data model, designed/implemented ETL solution, QA and UAT support. Managed offshore team.
- Significantly improved the process and created templates for onshore-offshore team coordination.