- Over 15 years of IT experience and around 6 years of managing and leading multiple teams working on Business Intelligence, Data Modeling, Warehousing and Analytics.
- Proficiency with various Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and OLAP technologies.
- Proficiency with Business intelligence systems study, design, development and implementation of applications and Client/Server technologies
- Proficiency with Data Modeling tools like Erwin to design the schema and do a forward/reverse engineer the model onto or from a database.
- Strong understanding of the principles of DW using Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Star and Snowflake schema modeling.
- Thorough knowledge of Ralph Kimball's Data Modeling concepts including Dimensional Modeling, Star and Snowflake schema, Slowly Changing Dimensions (Type1, Type2, and Type3) and Surrogate keys.
- Extensive experience in developing ETL processes to extract, transform and load data from various sources including web logs, J.D.Edwards, Peoplesoft, Oracle EBS using Informatica, Data Stage and PL/SQL.
- Extensive experience in designing Analytical Data Marts using Pentaho, OBIEE, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, and Discoverer.
- Experience in extracting data from heterogeneous sources like text logs, SQL Server, Oracle, Vertica, Netezza, DB2, and Postgres.
- Manage internal and external contract resources as needed.
- Effective skills in planning, coordination, and execution of system applications and engineering projects.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of end - to-end software cycles.
- Experienced in writing system specifications, translating user requirements to technical specifications.
Modeling: ERwin, Visio for Dimensional modeling, Star and Snowflake schemas
Database: Oracle 9i, SQL Server, DB2, DB2/400, Green Plum,TeraData, Hadoop, Vertica, Netezza
OLTP: J D Edwards OneWorld, ERP 9, PeopleSoft, YOUcentric
Tools: Informatica, DataStage, SSIS, Siebel OBIEE, Business Objects, MicroStrategy 8, TOAD, Data Stage 7.x, AbInitio, Hive, Pentaho, Tableau
Requirement Analysis: Caliber RM
Languages: Hive, Java, C and C++
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, UNIX, and Solaris
Others: UML, Rational Rose.
Principal Data Analyst
- Understand data architecture, mapping of data sources and data value to ensure quality inputs to the warehousing solution.
- Assess problems and deliver the appropriate approach to solve them.
- Establish standards for design and development.
- Build, maintain and/or update dashboards.
- Build analytical models using large data sets from multiple sources to deliver actionable business insights and drive business decisions.
- Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of ETL and reporting solutions.
- Prioritize and manage customer/user requests.
- Deployment Manager for code migrations to ensure audit compliances.
Principal Data Architect
- Engage in full-cycle development to be using Hadoop, Hive, Pentaho and Tableau.
- Collaborate with other Engineers to determine reporting and data visualization requirements and develop features that add new functionality to the platform.
- Create in-depth reports that provide insight for the board and executives.
- Architected a series of complex Business Intelligence solutions using Pentaho Report Desginer.
- Optimized and performance tuned existing reports to provide smooth user functionality.
- Implemented complex business requirements in the backend using efficient SQL queries and facilitated easy implementation of front end applications.
- Built efficient, complex, parameterized SQL queries and stored procedures to produce output data sets.
- Created mapping specification documents to define and document source and target attributes
- Developed ETL transformations that sourced from a variety of Heterogeneous sources including Microsoft Access, Text files, CSV files
- Implemented user level security by creating a table that stored usernames, user groups and their specific permissions.
- Created dashboards in Pentaho using Pentaho Dashboard Designer.
BI Project Manager / Technical Lead
- Responsible for assessing requirements and defining the strategy, technical architecture, implementation plan, and delivery of data warehouse and for establishing the long-term strategy and technical architecture as well as the short-term scope for a multi-phased data warehouse effort.
- Generate executive and the user level support for the data warehouse initiative, as the company is used to the 'EXCEL' reports, for decades.
- Define key business drivers for the data warehouse initiative
- Deliver a project scope that directly supports the key business drivers
- Define the overall data warehouse architecture using Informatica for ETL and OBIEE for reporting.
- Define technical requirements, technical and data architectures for the data warehouse
- Recommend/select data warehouse technologies (e.g., ETL, DBMS, Data Quality, BI)
- Design and direct the ETL process, including data quality and testing
- Design and direct the information access and delivery effort for the data warehouse
- Define and direct the implementation of security requirements for the data warehouse
- Define meta data standards for the data warehouse
- Direct the data warehouse meta data capture and access effort
- Define production release requirements and sustainment architecture
BI Solutions Architect
- Serving as a Senior Business Intelligence Solution Architect in defining, developing, and enhancing custom DW/BI system
- Primary responsibilities include but not limited to coordinating, planning, and conducting interviews with various business users in identifying and capturing business requirements.
- Defining and developing project scope/plan, creating and developing two separate multi-dimensional data models using the Ralph Kimball methodology,
- Designed and implemented complex data models to optimize acquisition, retention, DVD loss and damage percentages, movie purchasing decisions, operational line flows
- Designed content model to combine the content purchased and shared with all studios to create a powerful set of data to analyze users' interest and the popularity of the titles with the users.
- Designed and rolled out extensive set of electronic delivery metrics from an operational and analytical perspective in a very short time.
- Responsible for the creation of the migration procedures for installing and configuring the production environment, creating and development of reports,
- Training business users in how to navigate through the environment, creating and accessing reports
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. BI Developer / Architect
- Led technical development team in construction of BI solutions and Data warehousing implementations
- Designed data marts employing Kimball’s Dimensional Modeling methodologies
- Gathered the requirements, completed the proof of concept, designed, developed and tested Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer of OBIEE
- Designed, created and tested reports, dashboards and created ad-hoc report according to the client needs
- Designed, Developed and Tested Data security and Dashboard security in OBIEE
- Worked with Data Governance board on developing roles, tasks, processes, staffing, standards, etc.
- Administered the OBIEE environment with new user creations, account modification of existing users, password reset and deletion of accounts.
- Implemented OBIEE for Development, QA and Production environments.
- Track the project efficiently with constants updates on the progress and hurdles, focusing on the overall deliverables.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Business Intelligence Lead
- Lead the team to design and develop an analytical solution for a very large data warehouse using the MicroStrategy tool set.
- Effectively managed various stakeholders and business units to understand, integrate, gather the requirements for the reports and dashboards and outline the requirements of various teams.
- Review reporting requirements and existing data, as currently modeled and design of the base reports for the dashboard.
- Schedule reports based on data load and load availability.
- Work along with DBA, Data Architect, ETL and BI team on accomplishing the requirements of the dashboards and accomplishing robust data architecture.
- Migration of objects\Projects from Dev-QA-PROD environments.
- Track the project efficiently with constants updates on the progress and hurdles, focusing on the overall deliverable.
- Seamlessly coordinate various programs with in different business unit, with conflicting requirements.
- Document the standards and recommendations for the further customizations.
- Architect the Business Intelligence layer to be able to provide insights on the Advertisers related to the business and giving them more insight on the advertisements that were served.
- Designed various metrics to analyze the user base of the business, which primarily is the ‘My Space’ user population.
- Implement MicroStrategy schema design, security architecture and develop dashboards, reports and documents.
- Created a technical design document that is a technical translation for the product requirements document.
- Lead the team of in house employees and consultants to customize the dashboard / UI, to provide transparency into the BI tool that was used.
- Use and promote established application development standards, QA and change control procedures.
- Develop various SQL queries to fetch the data from the Enterprise Data warehouse.
- Analyze the data to understand the business, further developing various metrics that are useful for the monetization. The data was sourced out of various Fox properties, like My Space, IGN, Fox Sports.
- Document the SQL code written, with the findings and facts about the related data and come up with suggestions on better targeting and analysis.
- Implemented POC testing and assisted the company in identifying the right tools and the cost effective uses of the tool between Business Objects Xi, MicroStrategy and Cognos.
- Outlined in detail, the schema, reports and the UI, adhering to the guidelines outlined by functional users.
- Designed and Deployed the Cognos Framework Manager Models, Packages, Reports and Powerplay models.
- Created a Framework Manager Model with calculated columns, filters and macros from different data sources and created packages to suit the reporting needs of the client.
- Create IQDs using Framework Manager
- Created dimension views and User Class views to implement the data security in the Powerplay Transformer Model.
- Created various Powerplay reports for the Different user groups.
- Created various Crosstab reports and Drill through reports as per the user requirements using conditional formatting.
- Created various cubes using multiple datasources.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of the reports.
- Collecting and sharing best practices and tips in Framework Manager modeling, security setup, Report Authoring, Stress testing and Performance tuning.
- Addressed the Performance and other Production issues with the Cognos 8 reports and Powerplay cubes.
- Designed and developed reports based on multi-cube data sources.
- Designed and developed KPI s and dashboards.
- Designed and Integrated BI Ad-hoc Reporting environment.
- Created departmental guidelines and standards for report design and development.
Data Architect / Manager
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Designed and delivered a solution for the Enterprise customers using the Siebel Analytics tool set.
- Used the Siebel administrative tool for the design of the metadata in the Multi User Development environment.
- Documented the standards and recommendations for the further customizations.
- Created Answers per the requirements given by the Product Strategy.
- Functional experience and knowledge gained in the OLTP areas of CRM and Siebel Analytics tool, now called as OBIEE.
- Worked on providing a migration path for the existing customers on to Oracle Business Intelligence.
- Focusing on attaining unified architecture to fit both Oracle and Enterprise worlds.
- Performed and documented a high level analysis to assess the gaps between the EDW Oracle - BI and the MDW PeopleSoft - EPM at the granularity of the business processes.
- Functional experience and knowledge gained in the OLTP areas of Supply chain and Procurement from the Oracle and PeopleSoft solutions.
- Designing a data mart to provide the warehouse and analytics around recruiting information seeking to provide information about prospects and recruits for an institution, the institution's success in converting them to applicants and enrollees.
- Analyzed and documented the Functional Design from the Business Requirements provided by the Product Development.
- Performing a deep dive to check and see the extent of re usability of the existing features and the attributes, built as a part of the previous release.
- Functional experience and knowledge utilized are in Campus Solutions module on the Enterprise transaction system, SQL Server 2000, Oracle 9i, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Discoverer, Microsoft Visio and ERwin.
- Designed and developed the Warehouse that handles both PSFT and JDE sources for General Ledger, Supply Chain Management and the Sales Order Management.
- Reviewed the current MicroStrategy Architecture Setup and recommended the best practices for migration
- Drafted the Project plan for the implementation and Contingency plan.
- Merged the environment to integrate both JDE and PSFT related metadata. This included activating and clustering I-servers, tuning Memory Parameters on the Web, I-server and Narrowcast Server after migration, resolving Timeout issues due to the Firewall timeout settings.
- Designed Analytical reports supplementing the Warehouse using Discoverer, Business Objects and MicroStrategy.
- Documented change data capture design for a smooth upgrade form the JDE source to a combined source.
- Functional experience and knowledge gained in OLTP, SQL Server 2000, Oracle 9i, UDB DB2 EEE 7.2, AS/400, Informatica 6.1, DataStage, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Discoverer, MicroStrategy 7.x and Business Objects.
- Lead discussions and decision-analysis groups in determining needs for subject areas. Designed and implemented the source changes in the ETL logic including data quality functionality. Data Mining and 3NF modeling performed. Developed an analytical solution using MicroStrategy.
- Objective was to architect and design the Warehouse from strategic enterprise data warehouse and enterprise operational data store ERP 9 for use in a corporate wide business intelligence strategy using OLAP and ROLAP. Responsible for leading developers, defining technical specifications, designing and architecting the ETL processes.
- Developed the ETL process using Informatica 6.1. This included the design and development of various Mappings, using the relational and flat file sources.
- Applied the functionality facilitated by Informatica to implement the folder structure and the security to various folders depending on the users.
- Created Mapplets in Informatica for various conversion processes like Currency, UOM, to be shared across the folders.
- Defined and created facts, metrics, attributes, filters, prompts and consolidation objects in MicroStrategy
- Defined and created reports in MicroStrategy 7i including troubleshooting and validation of the reports
- Attended various Customer Calls, by troubleshooting the after customized implementation problems.
- Functional experience and knowledge gained in J.D.Edwards OLTP, MicroStrategy 7i.
- Designed and developed the Database that will be able to handle database format in both Unicode and non-Unicode (Western European) as sources it is pulling from, but all the data once loaded into the warehouse will be in Unicode.
- Designed Meta Data repository and implemented including data quality functionality. Documented change data capture design against Unicode and non-Unicode
- Project lead activities performed include managing the project plan using Microsoft Project Server 2000.
- Functional experience and knowledge gained in UDB DB2 EEE 7.2, SQL Server 2000, Oracle 9i, AS/400, and Informatica 6.1.
Business Intelligence Architect
- Acted as business intelligence strategist helping define uses for realty based application data for business intelligence. Lead discussions with various members of company to gather information about application. Completed necessary research to formulate a comparative analysis on competitors and clients existing products.
- Developed the ETL process using Informatica 5.x
- Functional experience and knowledge gained in Informatica 5.x, requirements gathering and documenting in Caliber RM.
Data Warehouse Architect
- Performed activities including defining technical requirements, architecting ETL processes, ETL development, data modeling (dimensional and 3NF) and performance tuning of Informatica, DB2 UDB, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Assisted in defining long-term project objective and goals with project manager. Estimated new projects and new phases to existing projects. Member of core architecture group in decision making spanning multiple development groups working on enterprise data warehouse.
- Worked directly with the business client to analyze their needs and priorities for this very large-scale and highly visible project. Managed integrated test system ultimately providing successful client acceptance testing and being a key component in making this project successful.
- Functional experience and knowledge gained in Hospital Management, Real Estate product and HR management subject areas of E1 J.D. Edwards transaction system.
- Manually hand coded scripts to perform the Extract, Transform and the Load process on various platforms including MS SQL 7/2000, Oracle 8i/9i, DB2/400.
- Performed activities including execution of test plans, design of exception handling strategy and performance tuning. Completed documentation in relation to Data Flow Diagrams DFD, mapping documents and high-level data models.
- Managed detailed work plans and mentored peers and junior staff in both design and development of ETL Architecture. Key member in defining standards for Informatica implementation. Lead discussions and decision-making groups in determining needs for subject areas.
- Functional experience and knowledge gained in General Ledger, Sales Order Processing, Supply Chain Management, Advanced Cost Accounting, Health Care Management subject areas of E1 J.D. Edwards transaction system.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
- Developed a student details intranet to bring existing student details to the intranet, provide the ability to search within the documents, and display dynamic reports reporting off a database.
- Developed project scope and defined products used by working directly with client. Acted as technical liaison and presented demonstrations to user review groups.
- Functional experience and knowledge gained in SQL Server 7.0, Site Server 3.0, and IIS 4.0.
Oracle Developer/ETL Developer
- Developed and implemented an application with the ability to track distribution of sample products and then generate reports on the data obtained from the sample distribution. System allows for the ability to add/delete/update members, print and distribute surveys in real-time.
- Developed ETL to port existing data from Oracle data stores to Oracle database.