- Competitive and versatile consultant with over 6 years of experience in designing and development of database/BI application using MS SQL Server, MS BI Stack, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Experience within multiple industries such as banking, pharmaceutical, technology, and hospitality.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012T - SQL Programming, Dynamic SQL
Data Modeling: Erwin, MS Visio
Development Tools: BIDS, SSDT, SSMS
Integration: Services (SSIS)
Analysis Services: (SSAS, OLAP Cubes, Tabular Model)
Reporting Services: (SSRS, Report Builder)
BI Tools: Power BI, Tableau
Source Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Tools: and Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSMS, SSDT, Erwin, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SharePoint, Power BI, TFS, MS Azure, Data Factory
- Gathered requirements and specifications via JRD sessions.
- Created design document for the entire project; included table structures and design logics.
- Created tables, views, stored procedures, functions, CTEs and indexes to support database and ETL applications.
- Incorporated suggestions from DTA by running the trace from SQL profiler on indexing and partitions.
- Created dimensional model using multiple facts and dimensions with star schema.
- Created strategies for data validation and data verification in staging databases.
- Mapped data from various source systems into target staging database.
- Utilized SSIS transformations such as conditional split, derived column, fuzzy grouping, fuzzy lookup to validate data.
- Maintained historical data in newly populated data mart utilizing slowly changing dimensions.
- Designed multi-dimensional cubes by building attribute relationships and dimension hierarchies.
- Created KPI’s, calculated measures and named sets utilizing Multi-dimensional expressions (MDX).
- Built Tabular cubes for minimal data analysis.
- Customized calculations and KPI’s utilizing data analysis expressions (DAX).
- Optimized Multi-dimensional cubes by assigning appropriate storage modes to partitions and usage based optimizations.
- Created sub, drill-down, drill through, parameterized, summary, and matrix reports in SSRS.
- Checked for rendering issues when a report is exported in Excel, CSV and PDF formats.
- Improved response time on report server by enabling snapshots, subscriptions, and report caching.
- Developed dashboards with Power BI which display key KPIs for business analysis and decision making.
- Created database on cloud for required users as per business requirement utilizing MS Azure.
- Managed different versions of code, reports, packages, cubes and distribute them to different teams in the organization utilizing TFS.
Tools: and Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SSDT, SSMS, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, Erwin, TFS, DAX, MDX, Excel, SQL Profiler, DTA
- Collaborated with multiple teams to gather requirements via JRD meetings.
- Removed redundant data from tables utilizing Normalization.
- Created stored procedures and complex queries to implement the business logic.
- Implemented error handling on database utilizing try catch blocks, @@error, THROW () and Raiserror ().
- Improved query performance by eliminating key and RID look up operators from the execution plan.
- Avoided locking and blocking queries by utilizing appropriate locks and isolation levels.
- Performed data profiling and data cleansing on OLTP database systems and loaded data in prestaging DB.
- Handled SSIS package errors utilizing error logs, breakpoints, checkpoints, and data viewers.
- Enhanced existing SSAS multidimensional cubes by adding new hierarchies, KPI’s and calculations.
- Created cube actions (drill through and reporting actions) utilizing multi-dimensional expressions (MDX).
- Customized aggregations, added new columns to existing tables utilizing DAX.
- Created various SSRS reports such as drill down, drill through, and cascaded parameterized.
- Modified MDX scripts in report datasets to add query parameters.
- Scheduled reports for daily, weekly, and monthly basis utilizing standard and data driven subscriptions.
- Created rich visualized dashboards utilizing Power BI desktop.
- Handled inactive relationships and many-to-many relationships utilizing bidirectional filters.
- Modified m-code in Power query to populate new data tables and customized columns.
- Employed bar charts, bubble charts, and Power map to answer business questions with Power BI.
- Collaborated with Team Foundation Server to update project documents, scripts, packages and reports.
SQL BI Developer
Tools: and Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSDT, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Erwin, SharePoint, TFS, Performance Point Services, SQL Profiler, DTA
- Gathered business requirements of BI application via JRD meetings.
- Yielded conceptual design of the OLAP database from functional requirement document via JAD sessions.
- Implemented integrity constraints (such as referential integrity using primary and foreign key relationships).
- Created various database objects such as Sprocs, UDF’s, Views based on the requirements.
- Modified existing codes to add new columns, parameters as per requirements.
- Created indexes on poorly running queries by checking execution plans.
- Designed an efficient ETL strategy to load data from various sources (Flat File, Excel, SQL) to populate data mart.
- Created packages utilizing merge, union all, conditional split, lookup and multicast transformations.
- Implemented master-child package model for improved maintenance and performance of ETL strategy.
- Handled runtime errors with event handlers, row redirects, check points, and loggings (SSIS and custom).
- Optimized ETL packages by increasing the memory buffer size, fast load option and non-blocking transformations.
- Deployed SSIS packages on different servers (Test, pre-prod, prod).
- Built SSAS cubes to store aggregated data which is utilized for reporting applications.
- Created user defined hierarchies, named queries, named calculations in SSAS.
- Generated various types of reports such as drill down, drill through and reports with bookmarks and document map.
- Created report level parameters to manage large volumes of data in SSRS.
- Created shortcuts (Linked reports) on report manager for easy access to users.
- Designed score cards with executive summary dashboards utilizing Performance Point Server Dashboard Designer.
- Implemented TFS for version control and code distribution.
Tools: and Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/R2, SSMS, BIDS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, Excel, Erwin, Excel, TFS, DTA
- Interacted with team members in weekly status and scrum meetings.
- Transformed business requirements into technical requirement specifications.
- Designed prototypes of the project with data flow diagrams and ER diagrams.
- Created database objects such as UDFs, indexed views, clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Created constraints and triggers to ensure database consistency.
- Optimized queries by modifying T-SQL queries and eliminate redundant data.
- Transferred data from heterogeneous data sources (flat file, excel) to SQL Server with SSIS packages.
- Utilized for loop containers to loop through different set of files from source server.
- Designed SSIS packages utilizing union all, lookup, fuzzy grouping and fuzzy look up transformations.
- Handled errors utilizing event handlers, redirecting rows and checkpoints.
- Optimized cubes utilizing aggregations, user defined hierarchies and choosing appropriate storage mode (MOLAP).
- Generated various reports such as drill down, drill through, cascading parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Utilized expressions to handle conditional formatting in SSRS.
- Optimized reports utilizing caching and snapshots based on frequency of usage in SSRS.
- Scheduled report deliveries to multiple users utilizing subscriptions (standard/data driven).
Tools: and Environment:SQL Server 2008/R2, SSMS, T-SQL, SQL Profiler, DTA, Erwin, TFS
- Converted business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Followed design standards while creating database table, column, procedures and views.
- Created logical and physical data models utilizing Erwin.
- Reverse engineered existing database structures to add new tables in data models.
- Created complex stored procedures and functions to support complex business and mathematical logics.
- Fine-tuned stored procedures and scripts to improve performance.
- Tracked deadlocks, stored procedure performance in SQL profiler events.
- Maintained project related documents and scripts on TFS.