Senior healthcare executive with over 30 years of hospital and physician financial and management experience. Most recently was a key contributor to a core group of senior leaders, board representatives and physicians responsible for selecting, negotiating, and integrating a stand - alone, sole community health system into a large integrated multi-facility healthcare network.
- Physician Recruitment and Alignment
- Program Development
- Board Relations and Education
- StuderGroup Integration
- Merger Acquisition Negotiations
- Performance Improvement
- Patient Experience, Quality and Safety
- Staff Management and Development
- Contract Negotiations
- Revenue Cycle Optimization
- Malpractice and Risk Management
- Financial Reporting
- Geographic MSD Reclassification
- Budget Development
Vice President Finance, CFO
Confidential, Lebanon, PA
- Member of the health system’s Senior Management Team. Maintains relationships and collaborates with other senior executives on operational and financial issues.
- Member of the Planning; Finance; and Executive Committees of the Board of Trustees.
- Evolved the physician integration model through various phases of employment, co-management, and independency.
- Manage external strategic relationships with banking; audit; and rating agencies.
- Coordinated the efforts for the issuance of largest debt offering and facility expansion in the Hospital’s history.
- Successfully challenged the Hospital’s Confidential designation resulting in a Medicare annual reimbursement increase of over $2 million.
- Team lead for managed care contract negotiations on behalf of the Hospital, employed physicians, and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Company.
- Key participant in the selection, negotiation, due diligence, and integration with a strategic partner.
- Oversee the management of Patient Registration/Billing; Accounting; Budget/Reimbursement; Health Information Management Services (HIMS); Materials Management; Compliance; and Physician Hospital Organization (PHO).
- Transitioned the health system’s malpractice insurance into a self-insured risk retention group, CHART.
- Maximized revenue opportunities for several free standing locations.
Confidential, Norristown, PA
- Responsible for the financial direction and decisions of the hospital in addition to a taxable not-for-profit affiliate.
- Supervised all accounting functions of the Hospital and its affiliates.
Director Internal Audit
- Established the internal audit function for the hospital.
Confidential, Cheltenham, PA
Senior Internal Auditor
- Senior Auditor for the parent corporation, completing financial and operational audits of all entities.