- Information Technology professional with almost 20 years Industry experience.
- Experienced in delivering and managing technology platforms.
- Functional knowledge of capital markets along with data architecture background.
- Experienced in financial instruments, Bloomberg back office, Factset pricing data, Derivatives etc.
- Provides expertise in dimensional and relational data modeling, database design and data warehousing.
- Knowledgeable in Big Data technology: Hadoop, Hive, NoSQL
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell scripts, XLS
Modeling Tools: Erwin 8.0, IBM BDW model.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g
Others: DataStage, Ab Initio, Business Objects 6.0, TOAD, SQL Navigator, Oxygen, Eclipse.
Confidential, Warren, NJSr. Data Architect/data modeler
- Led the technology team in building different functionalities of the project.
- Interacted with Treasury business in order to understand the business requirement.
- Extensively interacted with different external teams like Pearl, Confidential, CALM, DSMT and CDA in order to finalize data demands for the project.
- Led the technology team in order to implement the business logic for different products such as load, deposit, security, long term debt and OTC swap.
- Led the technology team to build the DSMT hierarchy service.
- Led meetings to build consensus among team members on issues.
Sr. Data Architect/data modeler
- Analyzed business requirements with business SMEs to create data demand list and target record layout.
- Performed map and gap analysis between data demand and Product Processor data.
- Architected data flow from Product Processor feeds to Staging, Integration and Data Mart layer.
- Utilized IBM BDW concepts, to create logical and physical data models for Integration and Data Mart layers for loan, security position and OTC derivative business.
- Used BDW concepts like involved party arrangement, location, resource item, product and classification.
- Created party model to store customer, organization and employee information as a part of MDM initiative.
- Analyzed on Security Master Central (SMC) master data and pricing system (Hamper) to finalize requirements for financial market instruments needed for security position.
- Performed data mapping between source and target.
- Participated in rationalizing data sourcing requirements.
- Performance tuning with Netezza distribution key for better data distribution on SPU.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL code to perform data investigation/validation and conversion.
- Worked with ETL team to communicate business logic and resolve issues.
- Helped BI team in Business Objects Universe creation and some report development.
- Participated in a POC done to reroute the feeds from existing systems through Confidential .
Environment: Erwin 8.0, Netezza, Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, IBM BDW model, Business Objects, Ab Initio
Sr. Data Warehouse Analyst/Team Lead
- Worked as lead for the Business Intelligent team.
- Gathered business requirements and translated it into BRD/FRD (Business/Functional Requirement Documents) for different projects.
- Participated in data governance activities to define data quality, standard and ownership responsibility.
- Designed data reconciliation process between transactional system and ODS.
- Worked on Financial data feeds like Bloomberg back office, Factset Fixed Income Securities, ICB, ISID, CUSIP and major credit rating agencies databases.
- Designed the Security Reference System database using identifiers like CUSIP, ISIN and preference hierarchy algorithm on the above data feeds. This system was built to create a compound and conformed view of financial securities.
- Worked on XML schema and XSL translations for Factset financial, Bloomberg back office and rating agencies feeds for the Reference Data Factory project.
- Designed Star Schema for Structured Finance Portfolio Management.
- Performed SQL tuning, indexing and partitioning.
- Implemented Corporate Market Share database for North America and EMEA.
- Designed data model models and mappings across several systems.
- Created reports for business users using the Oracle Business Intelligence Tool.
- Designed Market Implied Rating project for QFR.
- Designed Public Finance database and reports for SDC data.
- Coordinated effort/communication between development team and business groups. Trained RMBS, CMBS and Public finance users on BI reports writing.
Environment: Erwin 7.3, Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Service Bus, OBIEE, OWB, XML schema, XLS, Shell Script
- Intensively interacted with business users to understand business details.
- Worked as lead for the Business/Data Analysis team of the project.
- Reviewed business requirements with subject matter experts. Written functional and technical requirement documents based on business requirements.
- Profiled source system data using Ab Initio Data Profiler. Used Ab Initio Data Profiler to produce DML and data transforms for re - use in Ab Initio GDE graphs.
- Built relational data model for staging area and dimensional data model for data warehouse area using Erwin. IBM BDW logical model was used as base. Did logical to physical modeling to DDL generation.
- Worked with Oracle DBA to setup staging and warehouse schemas.
- Built Ab Initio graphs using components such as dataset, database, reformat, filter by expression, rollup, assign keys, partition and departition to populate staging and data warehouse schemas. Used parallel processing capability of Ab Initio.
- Performed customer data consolidation across different source systems.
- Provided solutions to several data aggregation and database performance issues.
Environment: UNIX, Oracle 9i, Erwin 4.1, IBM BDW Model, PL/SQL, SQL, TOAD.
- Interacted with business to gather requirements and to translate them into technical design.
- Worked with project managers to estimate time and cost of different initiatives.
- Worked as development lead to design interfaces among different systems.
- Coordinated development activities with the development team.
- Created DataStage jobs utilizing OCI, ODBC, sequential file, Hash file, Aggregator, Sort stages and Transformer to implement business logic for ETL.
- Tuned DataStage jobs using optimized array size, efficient lookup, link partitioning, sorting before aggregating. Used job sequencer to schedule jobs.
- Designed relational and dimensional data models using Erwin. Created logical and physical data models and worked with DBA team.
- Performed slowly changing dimension design. Designed fact and summary tables. Managed metadata repository for the source systems.
- Worked with DBA team to tune Oracle database by distributing I/O load across different hard disks mounted on different file systems.
- Tuned SQL queries using optimal indexing and analyzing tables. Used EXPLAIN PLAN to understand the execution path of the SQL queries.
- Wrote Oracle PL/SQL procedures to process data for complex business logics.
- Performed Business Object Universe and report design using Business Objects.
- Created context and aliases for resolving loops in the Universe.
- Performed reporting and cleansing of discords among ordering, provisioning and billing systems using BRDC (Business Rule Data Cleansing) tool.
Environment: UNIX, Oracle 9i/8i, MS Access 2000, Business Objects 6, DataStage 6.0/7.1, Windows 2000, PL/SQL, SQL, Unix Korn Shell Scripts, vi Editor.
Confidential, Amoco, IL
Data Conversion Architect
- Analyzed, designed and implemented vendor and carrier data conversion from old systems to SAP, Oracle and DB2 based target systems.
- Analyzed, designed, tested and implemented freight data from different old systems to a new industrial transportation module in SAP.
- Worked on vendor reference data.
- Worked with team members and business users to facilitate design meetings and issue resolution discussions.
- Performed functionality mapping between source and target systems.
- Performed profit center and cost center mapping for carriers.
- Performed data mapping and data translations between source and target systems.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL scripts to extract data from Oracle RDB source systems.
- Tuned SQL scripts in order to optimize the execution plan.
- Wrote Business Objects reports to compare source system data to SAP data.
- Performed data analysis to determine the quality of source system data.
- Built data cleanup tools using MS Access database.
- Wrote Visual Basic macros to create and format data load files.
- Created data load jobs using shell scripts in this UNIX environment.
- Wrote WinRunner scripts for SAP data-load and transaction testing.
- Created SAP BDC sessions for data conversion and error correction.
- Assisted business users with data validation and testing.
Environment: SAP 4.0, UNIX, Oracle 8i, Business Objects 5.1, Citrix, MS Access 2000Visual Basic, WinRunner 7.2, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripts, VI Editor
Confidential, Amoco, IL
Data Warehouse Analyst
- Worked as a Data Warehouse Analyst to determine the data architecture and requirements for Global Management Information application.
- Interfaced with business users to understand the business needs in order to design database STAR schemas for the Toledo Rolling Plant.
- Performed extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data.
- Performed optimal indexing and I/O balancing as a part of database tuning.
- Worked with DBAs to implement user privileges and roles on database objects.
- Wrote PL/SQL and SQL queries and maintained the Business Objects Universe.
- Used the Oracle Explain Plan in order to tune SQL scripts.
- Wrote UNIX Korn shell scripts to schedule jobs and run reports.
- Created data reconciliation tools using Business Objects for testing job status.
- Wrote VB Scripts to query Oracle database from MS Excel.
- Developed and supported Business Objects reports for financial business users.
Environment: UNIX, Oracle 8i, Business Objects 5.1, PL/SQL, SQL, Unix Korn Shell
- Worked in Data management team to identify data requirements for different projects. This entailed working on a wide range of Oracle-based data warehousing applications.
- Responsible for collaborating with business users to identify business rules.
- Managed the evolution of the data models from logical to physical databases.
- Worked with the database administrator to create several Oracle databases.
- Worked with Oracle DBAs to plan and implement database security.
- Designed and implemented STAR schemas for the Data Warehouse Initiative.
- Wrote snapshots and PL/SQL scripts for Data Warehouse ETL process.
- Extracted, translated and loaded four years of data from old applications to new production database using SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle Gateway.
- Enhanced the data model for Logistics Management Initiative.
Environment: UNIX, Oracle 8, MS Access, Cool:Gen 5.0 for data modeling, Windows NT, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripts, vi editor, Oracle Gateway.
- Interacted with business users to gather enhancement requirements.
- Worked to translate user requirements to technical details.
- Designed, coded, and tested transactions screens.
- Created new data model and maintained existing data models using Cool:Gen.
Environment: MVS, DB2, SQL, Cool:Gen 5.0, Windows NT.