- Over 19+ years of IT experience as Cognos BI Manager/Lead, Architect, Cognos Developer & Administration, software analysis, design and development. Still Work hands on data base Architect and Bi development and at the same time keep users request a top priorty. Experience in being a BI Lead BO Developer/Admin, Qlikview, Tableau, Domo, software analysis, design and development. Analyze new tools and recommend new tools to the management.
- Have experience as technical lead/manager in various projects. Helped clients evaluate and recommended various BI tools and admin tools. The tasks were done and achieved on time and deadlines were met.
- Always try to keep up with latest trend and upgrade myself with the new technologies and implement where ever possible to make the users life easier.
- Experience in creating Estimates for a project. Have experience in On Shore and Off Shore model.
- Experience in Requirement gathering and driving discussion with business and IT Teams. Documenting the requirements and able to translate into technical terms.
- Experience as Cognos architect, involving Installation, configure, design Datamarts, set up security, Create FM Models, Setup ETL Jobs, Automate ETL Jobs, Reporting and Powerplay Cubes.
- Area of expertise encompasses Database designing, ETL phases of Data Warehousing.
- Created Business User type reports and Dashboard using Cognos 10. Optimized the reports and the dashboard.
- Experience in Reporting tools like Cognos, Business Objects and trained in OBIEE.
- Extensive experience with administration & maintenance of Cognos Tools Area of expertise encompasses Database designing, ETL phases of Data Warehousing.
- Experience in various kinds of reports (Dashboard, List report, grouped list report, summary report, crosstab report, mailing report, form report, freestyle report).
- Experienced with working with users, collecting information and requirement from users, Analyzing, plan and create Reports.
- Involved in connecting to corporate database, to setting up effective catalogs, joins, folders, filters, ensuring that adequate security procedures.
- Working knowledge of the Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema Design strategies.
LANGUAGES: SQL*plus, PL/SQL, VisualBasic5, 6, JAVA, Sun Solaris Administration.
ETL : Cognos Decision Stream, Cognos Data Manager, SSIS, Informatica Power Center 6.2/6.1/5.1./4.7/3.8
BI TOOLS: Cognos 10, 8.4,8.3,8.1, Cognos Express, Reportnet, Query Studio, Report Studio, Event Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos TM1, Framework manager, Datamanager, Cognos Impromptu 7.0/6.0, Cognos Transformer6.5/7.6, Cognos Powerplay 6.5/7.6, Cognos Decision Stream, Impromptu Web Reports (IWR), Cognos ICM, Cognos Metrics Manager 2.0, Cognos ReportNet, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, TIBCO Spotfire 6.5.1, Qlikview, Tableau.
DATABASES : Oracle 9i/8i/8/7.x, MS Access, SQL server, Netezza, Teradata, DB2
GUI/TOOLS: Toad, DB Artisan, ERWIN, Aginity, SQL*Plus, Excel, Golden32 and PLSQL Developer.
BI Arch/Team Lead
Confidential, Houston, TX
- The off - Shore team consists of 3 Cognos developers and 2 ODI ETL developers.
- Managing multiple projects. Involved in engaging users into project requirement and testing process. Track every step of the project plan. Train users On Cognos Tools and also provide Training Document.
- Lead a team of 5 developers through each step of ETL process as well as report development in Cognos. Involved in Troubleshooting Database Issues and Cognos Reports.
- Involved in Migrating Oracle Discoverer reports into IBM Cognos.
- Day to day activity involves Engaging users, taking requirements, translate into technical Documents, Documenting the requirements, Provide Status to the Director, take part in ETL development issues and troubleshoot them, assign work to the developers, engage various technical teams and managers to get issues resolved. Maintain Design Documents on Sharepoint.
Environment : Cognos 10.1, Oracle 11g, EBS, AWS, UNIX, Framework Manager, SQL developer, Oracle Discoverer, ODI.
BI Lead/ ETL Tech Lead
Confidential, Austin, TX
- While Migrating Upgrade Data Stage to 11.3 and Cognos 7 to cognos 10.2.1.
- Analyzed the system with 22 different data warehouse and database source system into one data warehouse GPCR.
- Converted about 1300+ etl jobs and around 100 reports and setup database for ad-hoc reporting.
- Put up strategy to develop and test the ETL in Phases.
- Assign the Etl developers specific Jobs to develop and assigned cognos developer to develop reports on the Target tables.
- Track work every day and achieved the target on time.
Environment : Oracle 12c, Cognos 10.2.1, Datastage 11.3, Framework manager, SQL server 2008 R2, UNIX, Sterling, SQL Developer.
Confidential, Allen, TX
- Analyzed current environment and setup the team and the process for Migrating 196 reports for the Lift and shift project. Migrating from Teradata to Oracle 12 data source.
- For Carrier and Engineering project, I have analyzed the system and the database and designed a datamart. Using Complex sql queries to build reports in Tibco Spotfire which will support the Bi reporting.
- Helping Client to migrate from Cognos to TIBCO Spotfire 6.5.1.
Environment : IBM Cognos 10.2, Spotfire 6.5.1, Oracle 12C, Teradata, SQL Server R2.
Bi Metadata Modeler
Confidential, Englewood, CO
- Create and maintain Framework Models. Implement Best Practices in Metadata Design.
- Meeting with Users to determine the needs and requirements for reports.
- Analyze the database/sources and based on the analysis implement the etl and setup the Metadata designs. Created reports and dashboard in Tableau. Convert some of the reports from Cognos to Tableau.
Environment : Teradata, SQL Server, IBM Cognos Framework Manager 10.2, Tableau 9.0
Cognos BI Manager
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Worked with data Modeler to design the data source for reporting purpose.
- Installed and upgraded Cognos 10.1 to Cognos 10.2 BI. Installed TM1 10.2.
- Created datamart in Netezza Appliance and used available Staging tables to implement Daily Reports.
- Architected performance dashboard and Reports for Collection Center.
- These reports are bursted to the respective Managers.
- Implementing Best Practices on FM Design and redesigning the Framework Model.
- Implemented Single Sign ON for Cognos on Citrix and In Process of implementing Cognos Mobile.
- In process of reporting based off TM1 cubes in Cognos BI.
- Fine tuning Netezza SQL for reporting purpose.
- Created reports in Qlikview, Worked on the backend for the data source to Qlikview.
Environment : IBM Cognos 10.2.1, Qlikview11.0, Netezza, Aginity, SQL Server 2008 R2, TM1 10.2, IBM Cognos Mobile, Motio, SSIS and SSRS.
BI solution Architect
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Implemented Dynamic Cubes which is new Cognos Analytic tool.
- Implemented and completed a POC on 4 reporting Dynamic cubes.
- Analyzed the current ETL process for the current reporting system and documented my suggestion to the super users.
- Explained pros and cons and implemented the cubes based on views and tables.
- Successfully implemented the Dynamic cubes.
- Documented the whole process step by step for the developers so they can take over after I am done with the project. Implemented security on the cubes.
Environment: IBM Cognos Dynamic Cube 10.2, Cognos 10.2.1, SSIS, Oracle 11i, SQL Server 2012.
Cognos BI Architect/Lead
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Did install and upgrade to IBM Cognos 10.2 and Cognos Express at more than 12 clients.
- Analyzed the requirement and setup model to create reports in Report Studio, and day to day support to various client for creating and maintaining reports and their Servers.
- Installed Tableau, Develop reports in Tableau and Tableau administration.
Environment: IBM Cognos 10.2, Cognos Express, Tableau 8.0, SQL Server 2008 R2, Report Studio, Query Studio. Capitalized ERP System.
6/12 - 2/13: BI Lead
Confidential, Las Colinas, TX
- Installed and configured TM1 from scratch, so it can talk to Cognos BI.
- Created models in Framework Manager Implemented Cognos BI 10.2 Mobile, so the Reports are available on IPAD live, which are accessible in house as well as remotely.
- Laid out plans to implement Cognos BI in the company.
- Co-Ordinate with various groups to successfully implement Cognos BI in the company for the first time.
- Did a Poc on Tableau and Domo which are data Visualization Tools.
- Provided Recommendations and work around for specific needs of the users.
- Help Database people understand the requirements and design the datamart.
- Implemented DQM (Dynamic Query Mode) from Framework Manager.
- Created Dashboard and other financial reports for the Finance departments. The dashboard is used by all the RVPs, GM, Presidents and Directors of the company.
- Created some Active reports, Report Studio Report.
- Two Versions of Dashboard one in the Portal and other in Cognos Workspace.
- Done POC in Qlickview.
Environment: Cognos 10.2, Cognos 10.1.1, Cognos Mobile, Framework manager, Cognos Bi Administrator, DQM, Dynamic Query Analyzer, Dynamic Cube Designer,TM110.2, Qlickview,Tableau 8.0, SQL Server R2, IIS 7.2, Oracle EBS, Oracle 11g.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Analyze and create ETL Process for Reporting Datamart, Create DMR Model, and Designed Cubes.
- Create report based of Olap Model and Cubes. Co-Ordinate with Off shore team.
- Maintain FM Models.
Environment: Oracle 11, Cognos 8.4.1, Cognos10.1.1, Cognos Express, Cognos FM, Datastage, SSIS, Daptiv, Quality Center.
Confidential, Wichita, KA
- Install Cognos10.1 on Dev and production in a distributed environment, and at the same time do the migration from Cognos 8.3 to Cognos 10.1 environment.
- Initiated Database design and extracted data using SSIS.
- Created content store, Install Cognos on 3 tier in a distributed environment on development environment as well as Production environment.
Environment: Sql server 2008, Sql Server 2008R2, SSIS,IIS7.1, IIS7.5, Cognos10.1, Cognos FM, Cognos SDK.
Cognos Architect/ETL Developer
Confidential, Foster City, CA
- Analysis done on the old source system and documented the mapping on spreadsheet.
- Successfully identify the mappings of the columns in the new datawarehouse.
- Setup staging database from the EBS System.
- Setup new dev environment on SQL Server. Installed and did POC on TM1 10.1
- Setup ETL jobs in the new Dev environments, and based on the requirements the new jobs were also setup to build Dimensions and Facts. Having various other data sources like Kronos, Gilda, and Tango etc.
- Perform Unit testing and get the user acceptance on the quality of data.
- Change the design in FM and make the model ready for reporting purpose.
- Create Dashboard in Cognos Report Studio.
- Manage the project, assigned the report development work to developer off shore.
Environment: Cognos 10 and Cognos 8.4 Report Studio, Datamanager 8.4,Cognos TM1 10.1, SQL Server2005, Oracle EBS, Oracle 10g, Oracle 9i,SQl Developer, JDE, Documentation.
Senior Cognos Analyst/ETL Developer
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- This was a Data warehouse project for the Cognos reporting environment.
- Performed ETL work using SSIS tool.
- This Project was about identifying the ways the customers who could save money on their utility bill by proposing them various steps as to how to save on the bills if their bill was high.
- Based on the demographics of the house or the Business and how much was their expenses every month on their utility bill.
Environment: Cognos 8.4, SSIS, Oracle 10g, SQL Developer, SQL Server 2005, Unix.
Kronos, Chelmsford, MA
- This project was about Supporting Migration of Cubes from Cognos Series7 to Cognos 8.4 environment.
- Debugging and redesigning the cubes and reports moved to the new Cognos 8.4 version.
- Migrating the reports from Reportnet to Cognos 8.4 and the same time supporting the production environment.
- Helping Team members with debugging the issues while building cubes and troubleshooting the issues during migration of the reports.
- Serving as the portal/dashboard designer utilizing Cognos 8.4.
- Managing new operational/finance report requests, leading creation of an internal ad-hoc reporting area to promote the concept of “self-service” reporting, serving as the BI Analytic technical resource, serving as Internal reporting expert.
- Develop standard reporting Templates, perform gap analysis for new and conversion reports as well as working closely with architects and data modelers to address data gaps
- Help team to troubleshoot issues in creation of cubes and Migration of reports.
Environment: Cognos 8.4 Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Datamanager, Framework Manager 8.4, Powerplay Transformer, Oracle 10g, SQL Developer.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Created Reports as we are still in the process of getting the database built.
- Involved in gathering requirement and doing analysis on it to lay out the foundation for reporting.
- Analyze the data source namely ETQ, Lims, Vibes and Staged Database.
- Actively working with the team on providing valuable information to designing the database.
- Recommended designs of Tables. These Tables were created in database and were populated using Cognos Datamanager.
- Created Sophisticated Dashboards and Template for reporting purpose in Report Studio.
- Supported and provided valuable tips while creating Powercubes.
- Provided support and fixed reports already in production.
- Created reports with drill down capability, Control charts and reports in Analysis Studio as required by the users.
- Work on the validation and user acceptance of the reports based on the data.
- Perform Upgrade from Cognos 8.3 to Cognos 8.4.
Environment: Cognos 8.3 Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Datamanager, Connection, Framework Manager, Powerplay, Oracle 10g, Oracle 9, 8, TOAD 9.1 .
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked in conversion of reports from Access and Excel report into Cognos Environment.
- The report was in three phases first phase was for Subprime loans, second was in Prime and the third phase in HE (Home Equity). During the Prime Conversion. In total 500 + reports were converted.
- Designed and developed the reports with enhancement and changes to the original reports.
- Implemented changes to the reports based on the feed back from the SME.
- The conversion had to sync between the older database system and at the same time implement the changes in accordance with the new database system DRI. Eventually the older database system had to be phased out, so all the changes had to be based on the new database system. But the new database system was concurrently developed, which made the task much more challenging.
- Met the deadline for the different stages of the conversion.
- Suggested valuable suggestions in conversion process of the reports.
- Verified data integrity on Toad, for all the Reports.
Environment: Cognos 8.2 Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Connection, Framework Manager, Access Manager, Oracle 9i, TOAD 9.0, SQL Server, Access, Excel and Access.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created Financial Profit and Loss reports which incorporated multiple conditional block, prompts and conditional highlighting.
- Performed ETL jobs to create table based which reports have been created.
- Imparted valuable analysis to the team regarding Reporting and helped other team members to understand the concepts of reporting.
- Created cubes in powerplay based my ETL work.
- Setup security for different types of users.
- Took care of day to day updates to the etl and the reports as required by the users.
- Gathered Information directly from the users for the reports.
- Analyzed data on PLSQL developer.
- Taught users to use Powerplay cubes and customized views for them to look at.
- Automated process in etl using Control M jobs.
- Migrated reports from SSRS to Cognos.
- Successfully installed Powerplay and Reportnet Framework manager on Citrix server.
- Created templates in Cognos for standardization of the report formats. implemented security filters, setup Different Levels of users, setup data access for the databases from Cognos Connection
- Helped Install Cognos8 on server and configure it. Helped offshore teams to get access setup on Cognos connection, which I Installed on Citrix server.
- Used security table in the database to implement the security for each user, to enable to get the user specific data in the user specific report.
Environment: Cognos 1.1 MR2 Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Viewer, Cognos Connection, Framework Manager, Access Manager, Impromptu 7.0, SSRS, JAVA, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8, PLSQL Developer, SQL Server, Excel and Access, Citrix.