Experienced Information Technology professional with 20+ years of hands - on technical and managerial experience delivering solutions and services with a unique ability to interface between technical and non-technical stakeholders. Management skills include hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, reorganization, budgeting, and supervising of personal. Adept at interfacing with companies and customers at all levels, including C-Level executives. Intuitive ability to quickly create professional written communications, processes, and policies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Budgeting Forecasting Negotiations Project Management Team Building Agile SCRUM
- Operations Product Development QA Change Management SDLC DevOps
AWS: Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, Certified Developer - Associate
Databases: Cassandra (Certified), Oracle, MS SQL Server, Informix
Networking: Load balancing, LAN, IP, Routing
Languages: Proficient (C, C++, Golang, SQL, CQL), Familiar (Java, Python, C#)
Other Technologies: VMWare, Solr, Datastax, Isomorphic applications, HP Performance Center, Nginx, Docker, Sonar, Jenkins, Openstack, Git, Katello, SiteScope, Nagios, JIRA, Confluence
Frontend: Proficient (HTML5, CSS), Familiar (Bootstrap, AngularJS, ReactJS)
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Windows 2XXX
Hardware: HP Blade Servers (C7000), IBM Blade Servers, HP DL class
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Director, Lead DevOps Advisor
- Sr. Director of DevOps responsible for delivery of successful high-quality services. Proposal and business development and solution engineering.
- Directed and managed resources, and effective risk management. Worked closely with client to ensure expectations are met. Specialty focus on process improvement, delivery and innovation utilizing Agile and DevOps.
- Delivery of Florida Department of Transportation BI/DW project using DevOps with AWS, CI/CD, Informatica ETL, MDM, Meta Data POC
- Analysis of Data Conversion process and recommended alternative approach to meet the project objectives
- Solutioning multiple proposal for various opportunities
- Agile /DevOps readiness client assessments
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Manager of technology working at Department of Homeland Security Confidential .
- Reorganized the functional testing team structure, established Innovation team to implement open source tools.
- Established new reporting, and new engagement strategies to align with new service offerings and deliver better business value to the client.
- Reorganized team structure to align with business objectives and Agile Methodologies
- Established Innovation office to research and implement DevOps technologies
- Initial setup of Innovation lab with Jenkins, Redmine, Gitlab, Docker, Katello, SonarQube, Puppet
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL
Technical Manager/Project Director & Architect
- Project Director/Architect for Confidential . Fraud Initiative Rules and Rating Engine ( Confidential ) is a multi-faceted application to identify, detect and rate incoming claims in real-time that may be fraudulent. The project was on time and under budget. Responsible for all project activities.
- Director and Architect for entire SDLC including solution, vision, and roadmap
- 90 Days from start to first production release including infrastructure, development, JAD sessions, testing, tools, and implementation
- Architected using (Cassandra, Solr, Spark, Python, Golang, Red hat, CentOS), Micro-Services, SaaS hosted in-house
- Established test plan and methodologies for functional and performance testing
- Managed day to day activities using DevOps, Agile, Behavior and Test Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Presentation and demonstration of Confidential to CIO’s, Directors, and other Executives
- Created a Tick-Tock release schedule to address new features and fixes
- Analyze potential features for Machine Learning
- Evaluated, Designed, and procured hardware infrastructure
- Designed the User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI)
- Migrated Python code to Go for better performance, maintainability and deployments
- Designed data model, data conversion, and software design patterns
- Evaluate system performance and made adjustments to improve performance
- Recruitment, training and mentoring of staff
- Developed multiple Go services for Batch, and JSON REST API backend to a Cassandra Database cluster with Fan-In Fan-Out concurrent design pattern for best latency
- Planned transition to Docker for development and testing environments
Confidential, Boston, MA
Director Technology, Architecture and IT Strategy
- Based upon working together with the Massachusetts/Florida/New Mexico consortium, was sought out by the Massachusetts CIO to assess the IT organization including technology, staff, operations, development, help desk, processes and procedures.
- After the assessment, CIO requested to stay on as the Consulting Director to create the short and long-term strategy, plan, and budget to address the gaps in the assessment.
- The strategies were used to secure funding from the MA State technology office and the Department Secretary to address the identified gaps.
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL
Technical Manager / Technical Director & Architect
- Recruited by the Project Director to lead the technical aspects of rewriting the 35+ year old Unemployment Compensation system.
- Had significant involvement in the evaluation, selection, and negotiation of the $68M contract.
- Responsible for oversight of all project technical activities including contract and vendor management and budgeting.
- Created the new team structure to align with the new roles and responsibilities of the modernized application.
- Created the training strategy, timeline, and budget to help the legacy development team transition to the new system.
- Worked with the System Integrator and vendors for procurement.
- Established team structure, direction and vision for Confidential Connect IT including Development, Testing, and Operations
- Established Agile teams
- Oversight for of all SI technical activities, procedures and processes
- Partnered with SI on Technical Standards including Development, Testing (functional and performance), Release Management, Build Management, and Operations
- System evaluation and recommendation to address consistency, performance & maintainability
- Operational Support & Troubleshooting
- Partnered with SI on the System Architecture design, test planning for all testing phases, established the SDLC process and procedures, established the operations procedures, and Data Conversion
- Responsible for $14M Confidential Project Connect Technical budget (hardware and software)
- Direct report to the Project Director
- Interact with C-Level management on a regular basis
- Member of the Project Leadership Team & Change Control Board
- Disaster Recovery Planning, Design, and Implementation
- Virtualization and Capacity Planning, and Migration
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Performance lead (Consultant)
- Reviewed application and system design for efficiency. Planning and implementation of hardware and software for Performance lab.
- Designed strategy, and planning for more efficient performance testing of Disney applications using DevOps
- Designed, developed, and implemented a script modularization scheme to be used in Load Runner/Performance Center by other team members where all testing for any application is done in one script using CI/CD
- Designed, developed, and implemented a Multi-Threaded C/C++ DLL for all team members to facilitate data sharing between all Load Runner/Performance Center application scripts
- Mentored other team members.
- (Linux, Windows, HP Performance Center, C/C++, VTS, SQL Server)
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Lead a team of performance engineers to migrate to a newer version of HP testing tools.
- Consulted and advised staff on testing best practices.
- Converted old scripts to new scripts. (HP Performance Center, Windows, Linux, SAP)
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Systems Architect /Enterprise Architect
- Designed, developed, and implemented a high performance trading application for automated trading using c#, and X-trader.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Senior Performance Lead (Consultant)
- Performance testing lead of the Harmony application.
- The testing and the associated modifications of the application resulted in two-fold improvement of the application performance.
- Mentored staff on testing best practices for HP Performance Center. (HP Performance Center, Windows, .NET, ASP)
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL
Consultant / Systems Architect
- Recruited by the CIO to help with development and performance challenges of the Legislative system.
- Lead staff and vendors to implement various testing software and strategies to solve system challenges.
- After the recommendations were implemented, the Legislative application was stabilized and the staff were able to be trained before the Legislative session started for a seamless rollout. (Loadrunner, Windows, .NET, ASP, Win runner)