- My short - term objective is to own a position in a solid and stable company that can support my desire to increase my profile and position; a company who is dedicated to the enhancement of my education and experience. Continuously upgrading my knowledge and experience can only help me to grow as a professional.
- My long-term objective is to become the recognized subject matter expert for one or more solutions enabling me to upgrade my management and leadership skills needed for my next logical step, Executive level leadership.
Solution Designer (Technical Systems Analyst)
- Becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for each of the many payment and distribution solutions offered by Confidential Worldwide.
- Understanding the initial scope of each project by meeting with the various business and technical stakeholders to determine the optimal outcome for each group involved.
- Creating UI mock-ups when applicable to deliver the visual experience to each stakeholder.
- Documenting User Stories and Acceptance Criteria using the Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) framework.
- Managing scope creep through clear communication and comprise between stakeholders.
- Obtaining Requirements sign-off from the business unit signifying that if the documented requirements are met, the technical output and deliverables will satisfy the desired business need.
- Planning and moderating a project Kick-Off between the business and technical units to solidify the agreed upon requirements and deliverables.
- Several POS options including a web-based solution (WebPOS), customized integration solutions (ECR) and a variety of stand-alone terminals.
- Mobile air-time replenishment, device activations, and commissioning solutions.
- Distributor Back Office - a customized back office for retailer management and content distribution allowing users to view invoices, manage discounts, monitor sales and generate reports.
- Designed a web-based Marketplace solution providing mobile phone retailers/dealers with an easy to use inventory replenishment outlet from a third-party device vendor.
- Designed several enhancements for the WebPOS point-of-sale solution strengthening Confidential ’s sales and relationships with many of their clients - most notably, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint.
- Designed several enhancements for Confidential ’s internal systems to provide better response times and higher availability.
- As a Confidential Solution Designer, I was tasked with providing a communication conduit between a Confidential Strategist and the Technical Architect.
- While the Strategist's main concern is creating a solution that benefits, the Architect's main concern is code quality and stability.
- These two concerns are rarely complimentary of each other and requires a Solution Designer to mediate between the Strategist and Architect to come up with solutions that are valuable to the Client while providing quality, bug free code.
- Once the proposed solution was scoped and approved by each, the solution designer would create mockups for the user interface that supports both the Client's need and the technology available.
- Once the mockups were created, they were consumed by the Application Engineer during the development process.
- This is usually when scope creep became a major concern for the Solution Designer and must be managed through to acceptance.
- Functional requirements were being created during this stage as well. These requirements were consumed by the engineer and Client support personnel.
- They also became the foundation for release notes and reference pages. As the requirements were being created, the Solution Designer would flesh out and document any possible hazards while providing a testing strategy and corresponding mitigations.
- At code completion, the Solution Designer must be able to successfully complete feature, regression, exploratory and hazard tests associated to the project.
- This testing was done in a cert environment after the engineer successfully completed unit testing in a dev environment.
- After passing cert verification, the project was sent to another team for staging verification. After successful verification, the code was ready for production.
- At this point, the Solution designer updated any related reference page(s) and provided release notes to each of our Clients.
Sr. Solution Designer
- Created a mobile app for the iOS operating system from the ground up.
- Designed a solution to provide video visits between a patient and their clinician(s)
- Rebuilt the Scheduling interface
- Created an SDK for some of our testing partners. This provides a non-Millennium set of APIs that the client can use to create their own portal.
- Successfully upgraded the entire HealtheLife backend (Django) through 3 different stages.
Sr. Solution Designer
- Designed and created an automated testing strategy to perform load, regression and feature testing on Confidential ’s Millennium+ RPC services.
- Backfilled 2+ years of missing service requirements for the concepts I had ownership of.
- Became the Subject Matter Expert for the Confidential Ambulatory and Platform services.
Sr. Solution Designer
- Designed and managed project requirements based on enhancement requests provided by Clients and Senior Confidential Executives.
- Created and maintained User Guides.
- Created and managed the Confidential (LON) community website within Confidential ’s online collaboration tool, uCern.
- Managed the LON group mailbox where users would email questions and enhancement requests.
- Created and backfilled training and usage videos.
- Provided online demonstrations and presentations
- Managed the LON demonstration booth at Confidential ’s annual Health Conference ( Confidential )
- Evaluated various software solutions for inclusion into Confidential service offerings including Symantec's SecurityExpressions and Citrix EdgeSight.
- Performed troubleshooting to resolve daily run-time issues to determine why a environment failed to successfully complete the KaRT audit.
- Developed all front-end auditing scripts for the KaRT tool. This scripting was based on VBScript, WMI and MFCom scripting.
- Created several back-end auditing scripts using PERL.
- Created and maintained several Confidential scripts for automated testing use.
- I quickly became the Subject Matter Expert for Confidential ’s AutoTester solution (used to create and manage automated testing results using Confidential as the engine).
- I was the only associate providing project management, implementation and support for AutoTester/WinRunner and load testing/LoadRunner engagements.
- I became the only HP LoadRunner script developer on a two-month engagement after the HP LoadRunner consultant resigned. However, I still met all obligations and performed a successful load test accurately and on-time. The load test fleshed out the need for more Citrix boxes in their farm which was immediately mitigated by the client. This significantly decreased wait times between transactions and went far above the client’s expectations (for which I earned a Confidential Star and a promotion). They were so delighted that they wanted to be a guest speaker on Confidential ’s behalf at the annual Confidential Health Conference.
- Developed custom Confidential scripts for clients that require automated testing services outside of AutoTester’s capabilities. For instance, a Client wanted to unit test each medication using Confidential ’s Retail Pharmacy solution. Unfortunately, the AutoTester tool did not have that capacity yet. However, instead of backing out of the engagement, I wrote a custom Confidential script that did not have to interface with the AutoTester solution and was used to successfully test each medication through the Retail Pharmacy solution.
- 80% on-site client travel.
Confidential Sr. Analyst
- Became the 8th overall associate on the team. Confidential was still in its infancy but has grown to well over 1000 associates. In other words, there were only eight of us that created the foundation for a solution that has become one of Confidential ’s most lucrative and successful Client offerings. Manually tested both front and back end Confidential Millennium solutions such as RadNet, Firstnet, Pathnet, Pharmnet, Powerchart, Foreign System Interfaces (FSI), Person Management (PM), Core, PowerVision, PowerInsight, etc. for several clients.
- Remotely supported Client service requests (SRs) to resolution for Confidential clients including Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, Tenet Healthcare Corporation and Adventis Healthcare Systems.
- Became the Subject Matter Expert for the RadNet, FirstNet, PathNet, PowerChart Local Access (PCLA), FSI and PowerInsight solutions.
- Gained some build experience in RadNet and PowerForms.
- Wrote custom Confidential regression scripts for Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles.