- Delivered BI reporting solutions and dashboards in Power BI, and Reporting Services (SSRS) using data from ETL loads, SSAS cubes and various heterogenous data sources.
- Experienced across entire Confidential BI suite of products including SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI.
- Assisted to gather business requirements from users and translated them as technical specifications and design documents for development including mapping relationships between objects in OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Have excellent skills in Data Warehouse, Relational and Multi - Dimensional databases, System & Data Integration, Reporting, Analysis and Software Development and Data Management.
- Hands on experience with Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional Tables.
- Implemented ETL using SSIS and SSDT by creating SSIS Packages using various transformations like Lookup, Derived Columns, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Aggregate, Merge, Merge Join, Sort, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc. to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheet, Flat files (CSV and Text files), MS Access and webservices to data warehouse.
- Developed OLAP Cubes by using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and defined Data Sources, Data Source Views, Dimensions, Measures, Hierarchies, Attributes, Perspectives and Roles .
- Experienced in SQL database design (ER Model) using 3NF, development, and test.
- Experienced in creating Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Triggers, and Common Table Expressions (CTEs) to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Experience with all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and teamwork environments.
- Highly motivated, very detail-oriented, and excellent management skills.
- Excellent verbal as well as written communication and interpersonal skills.
Development Environment: Visual Studio 2010/2012/2013/2015.
Data Modeling Tools: Confidential Visio 2010/2013, Enterprise Architect, PowerPivot.
Data Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS, SSDT, power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, and Excel.
Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8, windows 8.1, 7.
Bug Tracking Tools: Some Knowledge of Quality Center(QC), Confidential Test Manager, JIRA, VSO.
Source Control/Version Control: Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Studio Online, GitHub.
ConfidentialData Analyst/BI Developer
- Cleaning a raw data coming from VSO in a tree(parent-child) structure to Columnar format using Power Query.
- Authorizing reports and dashboards to measure the performance of Projects undertaken by Confidential .
- Analyze the data, calculate measures and trending the KPIs.
Data Analyst/BI Developer
- Assisted to gather business requirements, definition and design of data source and data flows, data quality analysis, and working with the data architect on the development of logical data models.
- Created and updated Logical and Physical data models.
- Created Tables, Views, CTEs, Indexes, Joins, User Defined Functions, and Stored Procedures according to business requirement.
- Created SSIS packages to build high performance data integration solutions, including extraction, transformation and load (ETL) coming from different sources (Flat files, Excel files, databases, …) for data warehousing.
- Scheduled and Executed SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent.
- Managed Error and Event Handling through Logging, Event handler, Check points, and Break Points.
- Developed Reporting solutions using Power BI.
- Worked on Team foundation Server source control (TFS) to manage code.
Environment: Ms. Excel 2013, SSDT, SSMS, SSIS, SQL server 2012/14, T-SQL, Power BI
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Gathered and documented business requirements for analytical reports. Participated in requirements meetings and data mapping sessions to understand business needs. Identified and documented detailed business rules.
- Developed dashboards incorporating various Charts, Gauges, Drilldown, Drill through, Sub reports, Matrix Reports and Parameterized Reports.
- Generated variety of business reports and dashboards based on the business requirements using SSRS.
- Recreated reports, configurations and deployment of Power BI reports.
- Integrated Custom Visuals based on business requirements using Power BI desktop.
- Provided continued maintenance and development of bug fixes for the existing and new Power BI Reports.
- Designed and created tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Extracted daily data from various sources (SQL server databases, Access files and Excel) and load to corporate database then onto Data warehouse and Cube using SSIS and SSAS.
- Migrated data from Access files to SQL server databases using SQL Server Data Import and Export wizard.
- Developed custom calculated measures using DAX in Power BI to satisfy business needs.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control and sprint planning.
Environment: Power BI, SSRS, Excel, Power Pivot, Power View, Power Query, SSIS, SQL Server.
Confidential, SanFrancisco, CA
- Created test strategic document.
- Actively involved in creation of detailed test plans, test cases and traceability matrix for different application modules according to functional requirements and business specifications.
- Responsible for conducting smoke, functional, UI, integration, regression, and ad-hoc testing.
- As a member of scrum team I have participated in daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, story-sizing, sprint review and retrospective meetings.
- Identified, analyzed, and filed defects using Confidential Test Manager and Team Foundation Server as defect tracking system.
- Responsible for defect tracking, defect reporting and defect reproducing.
- Developed SQL queries during end-to-end testing stage.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing.
- Run automated test cases and report summarized results
Environment: Windows 7, Confidential Test Manager, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio 2012, Confidential SQL Server 2012.