Successful senior level leader, with finance, IT, and human resources experience and strategic view of improving enterprise value, owner equity and corporate integrity. Brings record of results focused performance fueled by interdepartmental collaboration and engaging all shareholders toward success. Capacity to assume broader duties with company growth and success. Experience in government contracting (energy/defense/national security), financial services, healthcare and new company development/entrepreneurial start up. CPA with record of producing results in financial management including adherence to GAAP principles, budgeting/forecasting, cash management, banking relationship, cost controls, corporate tax and capital management. Expertise in presentation of financial materials to influence and inform executive and board leadership. Optimistic and engaged leader amid rapid change. Motivates and mobilizes teams to bring and operationalize innovative approaches.
- Strategic Leadership
- Accounting and Finance
- Cost Control
- Regulatory Compliance
- Process Improvement
- IT Security
- Human Resource Management
- Risk Management| Govt. Contracting
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Deltek GCS
- Accounting Software
Confidential, Oak Ridge, TN
Vice President, Finance Administration and Chief Financial Officer
- Hired as CFO 2003, with company growth plan to build integrated Human Resources and IT functions.
- Transitioned to VP Administration 2007 with retention of financial controls and reporting, including board and executive interface while assuming CIO and HR leadership responsibilities.
- Responsible for all financial controls including reporting, planning and presentation of all financial plans and outcomes to executives and board members.
- Executive leader responsible for annual financial audit, governmental contract compliance ( Confidential ), tax/IRS, employee retirement (401k, ESOP) audit and ISO 9000 audits.
- Obtained financing for first private facility on governmental site, inside Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Advised CEO, President and Board of Directors regarding accounting, treasury, human resources, information technology, procurement, and insurance risk activities for impact on overall corporate direction.
- Ensured effective internal controls to assure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory and contract compliance.
- Provided corporate performance assurance oversight to comply with Department of Labor (DOL); Defense Contract Audit Agency ( Confidential ); Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC); and Internal Revenue Service (IRS), ISO 9000, as well as internal, federal, and state safety programs.
- Achieved cost savings through effective negotiation resulting in minimal increases for health and professional risk insurance over five consecutive years. Controlled total benefits cost increases to less than 15% during a ten year period compared to industry averages > 10% annually.
- Worked with federal, state, and local authorities to obtain more than $1M in cost concessions and tax incentives for corporate office relocation.
- Decreased tax burden averaging credits of more than $250K yearly through research and development tax credits.
- Optimized efficiencies in a period of more than 150% revenue growth, increasing support staff by only 10%.
- Served as Chief Information Officer in developing cyber - security plan to meet new contract requirements with the Department of Energy.
- Talent management to identify, recruit and coach senior staff to enable development of high performance teams.
- Compliance to statutory accounting requirements.
- Leverage technology to improve efficiency and produce accurate, timely and reliable reporting to enable decision making
Confidential, Knoxville, TN
Chief Financial Officer
- Responsible for all aspects of financial controls and reporting for company with Confidential Medicaid and health care consulting contracts.
- Assured strategic operation in healthcare space with responsibilities to meet all Confidential reporting statutes.
- Oversaw strategic planning, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, tax, and treasury functions.
- Aligned all financial activities with the corporate and strategic goals and initiative for a minority owned government contractor.
- Provided contract consultation on healthcare reimbursement, government contract compliance and financial controls for clients of ABS.
Confidential, Oak Ridge, TN
Chief Financial Officer
- Responsible for financial reporting, payroll, cash management, human resources, information technology, and contracts administration
- Oversaw strategic planning, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, human resource management, and treasury functions.
- Aligned financial activities with corporate and strategic goals for minority owned government contractor.
- Advised CEO and Board of Managers regarding business planning and financial performance.
- Authored winning proposal for 2002 Confidential Quality Award- state equivalent of ISO
- Managed federal contracts and subcontracts compliance.
- Directed diverse human resources functions, such as hiring, disciplinary actions, corporate policy development, and compliance.
- Assured strict compliance with all regulatory agencies, which included IRS, EEOC, DOL, and Confidential .
- Demonstrated negotiation skills in decreasing costs for the corporate office lease and health and benefits cost.
Confidential, Franklin, TN
- Responsible for leadership of financial services accounting for brokerage and insurance division of Confidential bank
- Implemented control procedures to protect corporate assets and ensure integrity of financial information.
- Ensured timely and accurate reporting of financial statements and management reports for an organization with $60M in total revenue consolidating 10 companies.
- Managed cash flow, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and internal controls.
- Created budgets for 12 companies with $125K in revenue to assure each entity budget aligned with corporate strategic goals.
- Managed audit process, response to audits and other reviews by outside auditors.
- Created executive management daily and weekly dashboard reports to facilitate timely management of performance plans.
- Supported executive management in presentation planning for Confidential meetings.