Highly - skilled software development professional bringing more than 11 years in software design, development and integration. Advanced knowledge of developing real-time firmware for Embedded Systems using C/C++, RTOS on ARM cores. Extensive experience in test automation development using Python.
- Advanced knowledge of C and C++
- RTOS - FreeRTOS
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Test Automation
- I2C,SPI, Confidential
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Spearheaded development of test automation framework using python for one of the components of IPTV infrastructure to validate HLS, HDS and DASH specifications over HTTP for VOD, Live and CDVR environments. Due to this automation framework the total testing effort was reduced from 3 days to 1 day.
- Performed regression and system-level testing to verify software quality and function before it was released.
- Developed object-oriented software, including Unit Test Platform. Contributed to the C++ codebase used in the Unit test platform to test mobile radio firmware ported on windows operating system. Design and implement unit tests for firmware features using Google Test Framework.
- Evaluated multiple CI/CD solutions and presented a pilot on usage of Bamboo CI tool.
- Used C on Unix to design & develop flexible fulfillment model for a distributed order management system for one of the top retail clients.
- Strengthened developmental methodologies by introducing a code quality document and reviewing peer code.
- Mentored and guided new team members in assisting with the software development.
- Translated business goals, feature concepts and customer needs into prioritized product requirements and use cases/user stories for next generation simulation of a modern process plant, assisting in process design, controls checkout, and control system design & operation. Rapidly developed(C++ on visual studio) new capabilities of simulation engines to confirm feasibility.
Senior Software Engineer
- Used C & FreeRTOS for developing multi threaded firmware for a vehicle tracking device based on STR71x embedded system.
- Worked closely with other team members to plan, design and develop robust solutions in a timely manner.
- Led a group of 2 engineers in the design, and development of firmware application.
- Wrote low level driver routines for I2C, SPI, Confidential to interface GSM, GPS, Accelerometer modules.
- Implement server communication using socket and HTTP.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
- Design and development of real time multi-threaded firmware application for a fleet management on board mobile device using C & FreeRTOS on ARM7 STM32xx product line.
- Collaborated with marketing and core team engineers to define product requirements.
- Design and develop effective communication protocol between server and device using HTTP over GPRS.
- Write device driver routine for Confidential to interface GPS, GSM and RFID modules.
Embedded Software Engineer
- Gathered detailed use cases and requirements through regular on-site visits, virtual meetings and customer interaction sessions for a fabric dyeing machine system.
- Translated user requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Used C programming with IAR Embedded workbench on ARM7 LPC2148 micro controller to develop firmware with system interlocks.
- Reduced overall time to market by developing and testing key low level driver routines(ADC, DAC, SPI, I2C, SPI & Confidential ) on evaluation boards.