- Over 10 years of design, development and administration experience of multi - terabyte data mart and Data warehouse/ Business Intelligent system.
- Well versed experience in Data Modeling, Database Architecture and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) based on functional requirements and system design.
- Configuring and Administering SQL Server Database ( 2012/2014/2016 ) and BI services.
- Expertise in T-SQL Programming, Architecture and translated complex legacy process with T-SQL Procedure, Functions and Package.
- Expertise in implementation of architecture design, ETL, data modeling, reporting, data validation, and dashboard development on large datasets.
- Experienced in using ER modeling tools such as Erwin and ER/Studio.
- Experience in Importing/Exporting Data from various data sources like Excel, Oracle, DB2 and Flat file using BCP, Bulk Insert & DTS utility. Involved in transformation of OLTP data to the Data Warehouse using DTS and SQL commands.
- SQL DBA activities include but not limited to Installation, configuration, importing/exporting, patch installs, capacity planning, backup and recovery of mission critical databases.
- Hands on experience on developing and managing multi-tier applications using SQL Server, C#.Net and ASP.Net
- Experience of designing/building the OLAP databases, data modeling concepts (star schema, snowflake schemas, normalized & de-normalized data models), analyzing performance statistics and tuning.
- Expertise in developing Parameterized, Chart, Graph, Linked, Dashboard, Scorecards, Report on SSAS Cube using MDX, Drill-down, Drill-through and Cascading reports using SSRS or Tableau.
- Experience on SQL Azure Concepts and Windows Azure Platform.
Design Methodologies: UML, OOP, SDLC
Data Modeling: Erwin v 4.5, Visio
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle 9i, MYSQL, MS Access, MS Excel, OLTP/OLAP
SQL Server: SQL, T-SQL, MDX, Backup and Recovery, PT, DTS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
Cloud Computing Tool: Microsoft Azur
Oracle: 9i PL/SQL, DBA Fundamental-1
MySQL: SQL, Backup and Recovery
Tools: SQL Management Studio, SQL, Index Analyzer, SQL Agents, SQL Mail, Replication tools, Profiler SQL * Plus, OEM, Oracle
Operating System: Windows 3.x/9x/ME/NT/2003/XP, MS DOS
Programming Language: C/C++, Java, Python, Visual Basic, Crystal Report, HTML, XML, ASP.NET, C#.NET, IIS
Confidential, Redmond, WA
Agile BI Data Engineer
- Work closely with client to understand the business requirements, data analysis and identify final deliverables.
- Analysis of functional and non-functional categorized data elements for data profiling and mapping from source to target data environment.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using complex SQL, MDX and DAX on various sources systems including Oracle and Teradata.
- Create indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, cursors, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency
- Setup and monitor SQL Server Database Security environments using profiles, database privileges and roles to prevent data theft and increase data integrity
- Develop SSIS packages to export data from OLTP database to OLAP database.
- Used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a complex EDW using Informatic.
- Creating complex stored procedures to support the .net front end application
- Monitor, troubleshoot & resolve SQL Jobs (Database processing & tabular cube processing)
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
- Deploying and Scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports including current status.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
SQL Developer / Data Analyst
- Database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, capacity planning, performance tuning, backup and recovery in managing clusters of SQL servers
- Implementing BI and other reporting requirements for business management based on priorities.
- Prepare current database structure and configuration for high-performance through analysis and optimization.
- Created maintenance plan for database consistency and optimization.
- Document server and database policies and procedures.
- Participate in Change Management, Problem management activities using Service Now tool before implementing database changes in production and development activities.
- Develop database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Extracted and loaded data using Python scripts and PL/SQL packages.
- Involved in performance tuning using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer and Index tuning wizards.
- Designed and deployed SSIS packages in production environment to implement business logics.
- Created custom Performance Analysis reports in SQL 2012 for future hardware and software load/analysis.
- Participate in design and Build enterprise level web applications to consolidate and integrate various data sources and software applications by using ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, multiple Data sources synchronizing, Microsoft SQL server 2008/2012.
- Perform day to day Database Maintenance tasks -- Database Monitoring, Backups, Space Management, and Resource Utilization.
- Manage and resolve trouble tickets for database-related issues submitted by customers and fields.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
SQL DBA/ Service Engineer
- Set up/Install/Configure SQL Server 2008 on standalone as well as clustered environments.
- Involved in creating database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the production servers with Replication and Log Shipping.
- Set up traces and Profiler to troubleshoot performance issues and tune database objects.
- Create and implement an instance Health Check Monitor Alerts to Analyze Deadlocks and diagnose issues on the server.
- Developed policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database and applications.
- Implemented build, deployment processes and scripts using Octopus with development teams.
- Providing the Design/Operational Specs for enhancements in system wrt to new features, optimizations, monitoring, etc.
- Providing 24*7 Tire 2/Tier3 support to production environment and responded to alerts in a timely manner.
- Resolve the tier 1 issues and escalate through appropriate channels for tier 2 and above.
- Integrated various external database systems and with numerous other databases using linked servers, DTS, and SSIS packages.
- Automate the task of data transfer between different data centers efficiently using batch scripting.
Confidential, Galloway, NJ
Network & Data Administrator
- Developed and maintained T-SQL stored procedures, functions, triggers and scripts, which were integral to the client’s accounts.
- Developed indexed generic views to facilitate easy user interface and enforce security on critical customer information.
- Responsible for maintenance, Backup & Recovery, testing, alerts (job failures, database & server capacity, etc), and database integrity checks.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights for security systems as appropriate.
- Responsible for performance monitoring, Performance Tuning, security, and finding and fixing data integrity issues within the database.
- Actively involved in design and develop .NET web components and user controls using ASP.NET, C#, and AJAX.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Involved in the creation of Star Schema and data mining models using SSAS in OLAP Environment.
- Develop reporting solutions using Microsoft Analysis Services.
- Created Classes, Dimensions and Measures objects according to business requirements.
- Designed and created complex MS OLAP Cubes, including application of dimension maps spanning multiple fact types within the same cube.
- Developed database structures, views, triggers, user-defined functions and complex stored procedures.
- Made modifications/and added new MDX and XMLA Queries to cubes.
- Created Dynamic Cubes from set of XML files.
- Developed an automated process that compares the results of the existing Profile Reports with the data extracted from the MDA Cube.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Created Scripts in T-SQL to construct triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries and data integrity.
- Generated some wrapper code in C# to get better maintainability.
- Participated in security, auditing, configuring, documenting, enhancement & corrective changes, emergency changes.
- Experienced in Designing the web modules and interface using Visual Studio and Asp.NET 1.1 for Corporate Management System.
- Supports day to day operational duties for the database platform such as service requests, backups, user administration and system troubleshooting as Network Administrator.