- Over 7 years of experience in Software Design, Development, Integration, Implementation and maintenance of Business Intelligence - Tableau, Data warehousing & legacy platforms.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 7/8/9.
- Expertise in technical support for major financial institutions.
- Expertise in Tableau, Teradata, Qlikview, DB2, COBOL, PL/I, EASYTRIEVE, CICS, SQL, XML, MS. Access, MS SQL server.
- Experienced on Tableau Admin activities, Multidimensional database and writing SQL queries.
- Hands-On, detailed-oriented Data Analyst, Dashboard Developer, and Data Miner.
- Extensive experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including normalization, stored procedures, constraints, querying, joins, keys, indexes, data import/export, triggers and cursors.
- Expert in creating visual centric data presentations, dashboards and reports.
- Strong ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and/or concrete variables.
- Worked on complex KPI scorecards, heat maps, tree views, circle views, bar charts etc. Data visualizations and interactive dashboard.
- Master in Tableau Charting, reusability, Leveraging variables and templates and building/deploying section access security models.
- Published dashboards on Tableau public. Designed and developed various reports and dashboards that can be easily accessible through Tableau App in I pads, iPhones, and other smart phones.
- Experience with utilizing Tableau’s API’s - Java Script, Data Extract, Rest API.
- Excellent understanding of Data modelling (Dimensional & Relational) on concepts like Star-schema, Snowflake schema using fact and dimension tables and relational databases.
- Worked on Data Model design, Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading, Mappings Workflows, Customized Analytics Reports.
- Highly Proficient in Agile, Test Driven, Iterative, Scrum and Waterfall software development life cycle.
- Good Independent / team working skills and experiences, excellent communication skills with very good customer handling capabilities.
- Strong analytical, logical, Communication and problem solving skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies by self-learning.
Methodologies: Agile, Hybrid and WaterfallLanguages: SQL, JAVA Script, COBOL, JCL, VBA, XML
Databases: Teradata, DB2, SQL SERVER 2008 R2/2012, VSAM
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau - Desktop, Server, Reader, Qlikview
SDLC Tools: JIRA, ALM, Blue Print, MS - Visio, MS - Project, MS - PowerPoint
Other Utilities: File-AID, FTP, SPUFI, NDM, QMF, SYNCSORT, CHANGEMAN
- Scheduled daily scrum meetings to create JIRA user stories. This effort involved engaging multiple teams (read participants - IT, Ops/Business, Legal etc.).
- Involved in requirement gathering/analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production rollover of Reporting and Analysis projects.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked on motion chart, Bubble chart, Drill down analysis using tableau desktop. Worked on various data sources such as, Teradata, DB2 & SQL Server.
- Developed ETL processes extracted data daily from Mainframe DB2 and loaded data into a SQL Server for creating reports on Tableau.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary report and dashboard using KPI's.
- Upgraded Tableau Server 9.0 in Dev, QA, UAT and Prod environments.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Performance tuning of Reports by creating Linked Universes, Joins, Contexts, Aliases for resolving loops and checked the integrity of the universes using Business Objects Designer module during development.
- Create, customize share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag drop Expert in generating complex, dashboard reports, adhoc, business views along with user acceptance test and data accuracy test.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Sent the dashboards to users by emails with the help of admin team with subscriptions.
- Coordinated database middleware issues with DBA's, system performance with System Architects.
- Involved in license management SLA's with Tableau support.
- Defined and created procedures to install Tableau desktop in silent mode.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Scheduled training/demos to users on Tableau Desktop for development.
- Extensively used Tab admin and Tab cmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Worked closely with Business users. Interacted with ETL developers, Project Managers, and members of the QA teams.
- Distributed Tableau reports using techniques like Packaged Workbooks, PDF to different user community.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.0/9.0, Tableau server / Administrator, SQL developer, SQL 2012,Teradata, DB2, Microsoft Excel 2007, MS Access, Windows 2007 server, Microsoft office 2007, SharePoint, NDM, FTP.
- As part of the integrating efforts, engaged in brainstorming discussions with the Business and Users teams to gather requirements.
- Conduct JAD to review the business document with a team of business end users, application developers and technical analysts.
- Preparation of High Level Design based on the existing functionality and requirements.
- Created detailed technical design specification for enhancing the batch programs, care was taken to re-use most of the existing components/modules.
- Impact analysis for requirement changes, finding affected list of programs and homogeneous implementation.
- Worked closely with the middleware team for developing new data elements as needed by Web from mainframe for the fields to be displayed in the front end.
- Developed triggers on tables to support the system.
- Designed, Coded, Tested, Implemented the Stored Procedures to support the System.
- Developed new batch programs using COBOL, DB2, JCL, VSAM.
- Debugging and implementing the system using IBM Debug tools.
- Involved in preparing test plans for Independent Unit testing and System testing.
- Setting up Process to be followed from Offshore.
- Perform Peer review and log any issues and track till it is closed.
- Log testing defects identified and track till it is closed.
- Prepare and update estimation as the project moves from definition to construction phase.
- Responsible for version control for functional requirements, design, code, middleware response form and code in SharePoint and mainframe systems.
- Responsible for creation of implementation task list, coverage details and obtaining operations approval with fix to all open defects.
- Created few visualization reports using tableau from the legacy system data for better understanding of business.
Environment: Blue print, MS Visio, OS/390, COBOL, DB2, VSAM, SYNCSORT, JCL, TSO, ISPF/PDF, SQL, File-Aid, CICS,IBM Utilities, MQ Series, SPUFI, QMF, SAS, TABLEAU 9, HP Quality Center, Share Point, MS Office Suite.