- 12+ years of extensive experience in data/analytics related Projects in a wide range of roles and responsibilities which include Project Manager - BI and Reporting Innovation, Enterprise data Architect, Senior Consultant, Senior Data Analyst and Solution/Data Architect.
- Having 4 + years of extensive working experience in Onsite including US and Sweden.
- Expertise in design, development and project management with experience in design and implementation of data warehousing Architecture and Methodologies.
- Exhaustive experience designing and implementing solutions with various DWH/BI tools and applications. Experience in designing scalable & cost-effective enterprise DWH/BI architecture for some clients.
- Lead other BI/Solution Architects in working with various business and management teams to define vision for the Sourcing and storing data strategies, Implementation of ETL, Reporting and Analytic solutions.
- Solution Design: Studying various existing business process to recommend the best solution architecture. Design to meet the business needs with optimal use of resources and retaining/retiring some of old processes.
- Business Analysis/Requirement Gathering: Meeting with business user to freeze the requirements, analyzing the business with technical feasibility and impact analysis on a change request.
- ETL Architecture: Architected the ETL framework and have made specification for various mappings, simple and complex to transform business know-how into technical.
- BI /Reporting Architecture: Universe design & implementation including standard as well as ad-hoc universes & linked universes out of relational data sources. Managing security.
- Designed Tableau and Power BI Reports and Dashboards
- Well versed with BIG Data environment checking the data in Hadoop File systems (HDFS) and experience in writing HIVE queries and Informatica BIG Data Edition (BDE)
- Expertise in Data Modeling including Conceptual, Logical Data Modelling, Industrial Teradata Data Modelling which includes Communication Logical Data Modeling (CLDM), Data Quality and Data Governance
- Implemented POC’s in BIG DATA using Informatica BDE, Hive, Pig and Sqoop
- Experience in leading large size team and project management and execution.
- Have strong project management skills involving planning, execution and tracking projects with the ability to lead, motivate and provide technical guidance to the team.
- ITIL Certified Project Manager and also has trained and certified on “Engagement Manager Program”
- Experienced in presenting Proof of Concepts, Creating Technical document to Response for Proposal (RFP) and presales Initiative.
- Rigorously involved in Project Estimations, Team setup, planning and analysis across various BI projects.
ETL: Informatica and Informatica BIG DATA Edition (BDE), Talend
BI Reporting: SAP Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau
Database: Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server
Hadoop Ecosystem: HIVE, PIG, Sqoop
Domain Skills: Telecommunication HealthcareEntertainment Retail.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Agile experience as a Technical Architect in a large or multi-team environment
- Architected data warehouse from requirements gathering to conceptualization to creation of data marts
- Lead a team of Analysts and Developers and Perform in-depth system analysis and data profiling on Teradata platform
- Worked closely with Functional Analyst to understand user and business requirements
- Accountable for preparing BI High level solution document for the project and Architecture Solution Document
- Responsible for Designing, Creating, Deploying and managing organization's data architecture with goal of providing infrastructure to support BI and Reporting requirements.
- Strategize data requirements, outline high level integrated designs to meet these requirements, and aligns with enterprise strategy and related business architecture.
- Responsible to create/review data models and data architecture principles that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture.
- Integrated Custom Visuals based on business requirements using Power BI desktop.
- Developed complex calculated measures using Data Analysis Expression language (DAX).
- Manage and steer the team (10+) to deliver effectively and adhere to strict deadlines by breaking down complex/ambiguous problems to smaller deliverables and by following agile development methodologies.
- Effectively use Scrum approach of keeping the leadership/stakeholders in loop while keeping the Dev. team focused on deliverables and timelines along with reducing impediments as and when they arise.
- Participating in Design & Development review calls, Coordinating with Offshore team on Development & Unit testing
- Coordinating the testing team in fixing the defects raised in QA environment by testing team.
- Worked as a Technical Architect in BIG Data / Hadoop POC.
- Done detail ETL design in the BIG Data POC project.
- Done review with Client on the designing of use cases.
- Project Initiation and Estimation for the project.
- Preparation of High and Low Level design approach.
- Created Score card Matrix for Evaluation of each ETL tool.
Technical Manager / Architect.
- Involved in requirement gathering workshop with business users and sponsors to understand and document the business requirements as well as the goals of the project.
- Facilitate ongoing communication and early success or warning indicators to all members of the account team (pre and post realization) throughout the implementation process.
- Technical delivery - Build till deployment phase.
- Involved in Data modeling with respect to Industrial Teradata Modeling - CLDM (Communication Logical Data Model)
- Freezing and validating requirement with business and additionally responsible for Semantic Lead and Designer
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
- Project Management activities such as: Status reporting to Client, Competency Lead, Resource utilization as per the project plan and Tracking etc.
- Choose or suggest data warehouse technologies such as ETL, BI and Database.
Project / Technical Lead
- Created and reviewed the conceptual model for the EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) with business users.
- Designed Logical Data Model based on Frontier specification document and BRD. LDM created after studying detailed URS (User Requirement Specification).
- Convert existing requirements in Logical and Physical data model.
- Worked on Requirements Traceability Matrix to trace the business requirements back to logical model
- Coordination, Planning, execution and tracking of projects.
- Meeting targets and implementing quality assurance plans for the project.
- Working on designing / configuration of Informatica CDC to pull near real time data from source itself.
- Creation of Test scenarios and Design and Implementation of Testing Module
- Providing end-to-end solution which starts from source system till schedule BO reporting
- Designed a detail Universe in Business Object for each subject area and involved in creating complex reports as per requirement.
- Involves in Designing and developing of JIA’s, ETL Specifications, Metrics development documents, Deployment document for Informatica, BO, SAS, and PLSQL.
- Created Materialized View, Derived view and underline view for all the different metrics for metrics calculations.
- Assisted senior architects in developing current and to-be systems architecture artifacts.
- Helped analyze legacy applications and systems to derive required business functions and rules from existing applications.
- Prepared and delivered key presentations to many levels of the organization, including leadership team
BO Report Designer /Developer
- Designed Report Mapping Documents (RMD) based on the specification documents for new reports and existing data Model.
- Developed templates and checklists for review and Testing.
- Designed and developed Teradata query documents for RMD’s.
- Tuned Teradata SQL queries to increase the performance of the existing derived tables.
- Specified the Joins and checked the cardinalities. Resolved loops by creating Aliases, Contexts and Shortcut Joins.
- Integrated the Universe based LOV for free hand SQL reports.
- Building custom SQL query for the reports based on RMD.
- Created derived table in the Universe for complex business logic.
- Involved in formatting reports using alerter and different formulas as per the sample provided by Customer.
- Handled Complex calculations at the report level.
- Derived Complex SQL & developed Reports based upon the business logic.
- Extensively worked on merge dimension for integration of data sources.
- Created prompt in Universe as per Business requirement.
ETL & Report Developer
- Creating and Designing reports using Business Objects XI
- Designed Informatica routines for various source system applications like Metasolv, Remedy, Siebel, Wisor, EAI and Manual Feeds to Staging Database and from Staging Database to Operational Data Store (ODS) which used for Metrics Calculations..
- Created mapping design documents for various source systems
- Worked with Desktop Intelligence/ Info view to develop different kinds of reports for regulatory body
- Involved in formatting reports using alert and different formulas as per the sample provided by Customer.
- Extensively worked on Informatica tools such as Informatica Repository Manager, Designer (Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Mapping Designer, Transformations, mapping variables & Mapplets) and Workflow Manager.
- Responsible for creating Interfaces between various package systems using Informatica tool and executing Informatica routines using UNIX shell scripting.
- Responsible for maintaining mapping design documents for various systems
- Designed the ETL processes using Informatica to load data from Oracle, Text files, EBCDIC files and Excel files to target Oracle Interface tables.
- Dimensions modeling using type-2 approach.
- Populating Fact/ Dimension using PL/SQL and Informatica.
- Developing Business Objects Universe. Data will be channeled from each of the source applications to a staging database.
- Understanding and analyzing the requirements of customers and Business Model.
- Designing the ETL process using Informatica tool Power Connect to load data from the SAP Interface source table to target schema.
- Developing Mappings to load the data in fact and dimension tables.
- Scheduled Sessions to update the target data (on Daily/weekly load frequency) using Redwood Cronacle Scheduling Tool.
- Created Bteq scripts to load data into specific columns of Facts and Dimension tables.
- Developed MLoad and FastLoad utilities to establish connections for Informatica.
- Created List (drill through) and Cross-Tab reports using Report Studio.
- Preparing Design Document, ETL specifications, Unit Test Cases and Migration Documents MD120, Collect Statistics Document etc.
- Configured and Scheduled the Sessions to effective load.
- Involve in solving the issues raised during the enhancement.