- Over 7 years of Experience in Information Technology, implementing Information Systems, Application analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Experience in SAP Business Objects XIR3/XIR2/6.x/5.x (CMC, Auditor, Repository Migration, Xcelsius,Report Conversion Tool, Universe Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Info View, Business Objects 6.x, BCA, Info view, Crystal Reports XI/10, Import Wizard, Supervisor and Reporter, Web Intelligence 6.x/2.x, Broadcast Agent 6.x/2.x, Schedule Manager, Broadcast Agent Publisher, BO Application Foundation and Performance Manager), Cognos reporting.
- 2+ years of Experience in Administration, Installation, Configuration of Business Objects.
- General knowledge of application change management/release management practices.
- Extensive Experience in Migration of Reports, Universes, Users and Groups from BO 6.5 TO BO XI R2/XIR3 using Import wizard.
- Solid Technical Experience in Querying, analyzing and interpreting complex data stored in databases like Oracle and DB2.
- Good Experience in writing SQL queries using standard query tools such as TOAD, PL/SQL Developer and QMF.
- Exposure to detecting, documenting and recommending approaches for handling data quality issues.
- Experience using various features in the Business Objects Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports such as Pre-defined Filters, Prompts, Cross-Tab, Report Linking, Sub-Queries/ Sub-Reports, Slice & Dice, Hierarchies, Drill Down, Charts/ Graphs, Report layout etc.
- Experience in writing unit test cases, unit testing, system integration Testing (SIT), providing support to user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Hands-on expertise in creating business objects reports, multifaceted Canned/Ad-Hoc reports using formatting options such as Mapping, Grouping, Sorting, Alerting, Ranking, Field highlighting.
- Well versed with Data Warehousing, Data Marts, Star & Snow-flake Schemas.
- Experience in Warehouse development, working with Data Migration, Data Conversion and Extraction/Transformation/Loading using Informatica Power Center/Power Mart with Oracle.
- Proficient in using Databases like Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL Server, Teradata, MS Access, DB2.
- Efficient inOptimizing, Debuggingand Testing SQL queries, views and stored procedures.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal skills and a good team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
BI/OLAP Tools: Business Objects XI R3/R2 (CMC, CMS, CCM, Designer, Desk I, WEB I, Info View, Import Wizard, Business View Manager, Report Conversion Tool, Query as Web Service) Business Objects 6.5/6.1/5.1.6 (Supervisor, Designer, Reporter), Broadcast Agent 6.x/5.x, Crystal Reports XI/10, BO Xcelsius 4.5/2008, Live Office, ZABO), Cognos 8.4 ETL Tools: Informatica 8.5.1/7.x/6.1, Business Objects Data Integrator XI 3.0 Database: Oracle 10g/ 9i/8i, SQL Server 2005/2000, MS Access, Teradata, DB2-UDB Programming Languages: C, C#.Net, C++, ASP.Net, SQL, PL/SQL, XML, Unix Shell scripting, ASP, HTML Operating Systems : Windows 95/98/2000 /NT/XP, UNIX, Sun Solaris Modeling Tools: ERwin, Visio, UML Miscellaneous: Tomcat, IIS, Toad, PL/SQL Developer, QMF, MS Office 2007
Confidential, Groton CT Jan 2009 - Till date Sr.Business Objects Developer/Analyst Confidential is the largest research based Pharmaceutical companies in the world that develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of prescription medicines and consists of all commercial departments responsible for supporting the business. The project is to design and develop an Audit Management System. The system provided view to the users about the resource management in various departments of the business. Easy to use web based interface enabled users to quickly select relevant canned reports developed using WEB Intelligence and view the relevant information. A common report module was supplied with the report name and variables and returned a refreshed easy to read HTML or PDF version of the report. Responsibilities:
- Participated in business requirements analysis, report designing and modeling, development of technical specifications, testing and Implementation.
- Installed Business Objects Enterprise system on Business Objects Enterprise Server and got involved in Business Objects Enterprise Administration.
- Worked as a team for setting up the Users/Groups, assigning the privileges to the Users using Central Management Console (CMC).
- Migrated users, groups, reports, repository objects from BO XI R2 to BO XI R3.
- Developed Universes by defining joins, cardinality between tables, creating prompts, applying contexts and alias to resolve loops/traps and checked the integrity of the Universe in Business Objects Universe Designer.
- Created new Classes, Sub-classes and Objects as per the standards that were put in place during the Strategy process and identified Objects as Dimensions, Details or Measures.
- Created complex Linked Universes to reduce development and maintenance time.
- Defined security filters to implement Row level and Column level security
- Created derived tables at the Universe level to reduce the complexity of the Universes.
- Created Business Views and implemented the dynamic cascading prompts.
- Generated Business Objects reports involving complex queries, sub queries, Unions, Intersections and Minus.
- Created complex reports using WebI from multiple data providers and merged the data from different providers using merge dimensions concept.
- Created Cross Tab, Master Detail reports with Slice and Dice, Drill Down functionalities in Web I.
- Published Reports in Business Objects Enterprise via Publishing Wizard and CMC.
- Scheduled the Reports using Business Objects Enterprise Scheduler.
- Worked with operate team to support production deployments and analyze post-production defects.
- Created Xcelsius Dashboards, metrics, alerts, goals using performance Manager and Query as a Web Service.
- Involved in Optimizing, Debuggingand Testing SQL queries, views and stored procedures.
- Used Crystal Reports XI to generate complex ad-hoc reports.
- Created mappings in Informatica 8.5.1 powercenter designer and used filter, sorter, update transformations. Worked on Workflow Manager, workflow Monitor to create, validate and run the sessions to load the result into the target database.
- Performed unit testing, User Acceptance testing for universe, reports and security management.
Environment: Business Objects Enterprise XI R3/R2(CMS, CMC, Designer, Desk I, WEB I, Import Wizard, Report Conversion Tool, BCA, Schedule Manager, InfoView, Performance Manager, Auditor, SDK), Dashboard Manager, Crystal Reports XI/10, Informatica 8.5.1, Oracle 10g, Toad 8.6.1, PL/SQL, Xcelsius 2008, Windows 2003 server/XP, MS Office 2007.
Confidential, Bentonville Arkansas Jun 2007-Dec 2008 Sr. Business Objects Designer/Developer Confidential is an American public corporation that runs a chain of large, discount department stores. It is the world's largest public corporation by revenue, according to 2008 Fortune Global 500. The goal is to implement a reporting environment for their Sales and Accounting Portal. The system designed will enable the management in making decisions based on the detailed reports on revenue, profit by year etc. Report generation is automated using BCA and published on Info View. This would allow the decision-making users easy access to the reports. Responsibilities:
- Installed and configured Business Objects Enterprise, performed common server Management tasks, manage CMS, System Database, File Repository Servers, Web Intelligence Server.
- Created Groups, Folders and Users and granted access privileges and database credentials to users and groups using Central Management Console.
- Provided production migration and changed control for Business Objects universes from Business Objects 6.5 to Business Objects XI R2.
- Responsible for migration of Users, Universes, Connections, Full Client / Web I Reports from the existing version 6.5.1 to XIR2.
- Communicated and documented the universe changes to Report Developers, Business Analysts and Testers.
- Performed Data validation and messaging to ensure accuracy and quality of data.
- Designed and developed new universes and made modifications to existing universes by including derived tables, basic and complicated objects and aggregate functions.
- Involved in joining the tables by creating Aliases and Contexts to resolve the loops.
- Worked with the major functionalities of Business Objects like Alerts, drill filter, indexes, and Breaks, Sorts, Ranking and calculations using the Slice and Dice panel.
- Generated Complex reports by linking data from multiple data providers.
- Created and used the variables on existing objects to customize the Business Objects reports.
- Generated the reports using the universe as the main data provider and wrote complex queries including sub-queries, unions, intersect.
- Created full client and Web Intelligence reports. Modified the existing reports by adding new columns and scheduled the reports accordingly using Broadcast Agent/ Scheduler.
- Applied Open document functionality in Web I to link the Reports according to the User requirements.
- Created different Categories in the repository and published full client reports corporate documents to their respective categories.
- Involved in writing SQL queries, Stored Procedures and Functions using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Performance Testing of reports and Universes.
- Involved in creating Program specifications to write, test, debug, document, and implement batch jobs to extract data from a variety of data sources, transform the data, and load the data to specified destinations using Informatica 8.5
- Prepared user documentation for hand on training for end user community.
- Established and maintained close, productive working relationships with the extended team, including ETL, Business Analysts and Production Support.
Environment: Business Objects 6.5/XIR2(Supervisor, Designer, Reporter, CMC, Desktop Intelligence, SDK), Info View, Web Intelligence, BCA, Schedule Manager, Auditor, Crystal reports 10, DashBoard Manager, Crystal Xcelsius 4.5, BO Live Office, Informatica 8.5,Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2005.
Confidential, New York, NY Mar 2006-May 2007 Business Objects Consultant Confidential mainly provides functional outsourcing capabilities for investors and international broker/dealers. Specifically for next generation institutional investors who participate in trading or investing in global markets. Company deployed Business Objects for Analytical and Reporting purposes to keep track of the investors and dealers records, Market fluctuations, forecasting and Business needs. The project was to audit their current deployment and performance. Responsibilities:
- Involved in installation of Broadcast Agent, Broadcast Agent Publisher.
- Involved in upgrading of BO 6.5 to XIR2 and migrated the universes, documents, users and reports from BO 6.5 to BOXI R2.
- Designed, managed groups and users using Supervisor module.
- Configured the Scheduling features in CMC and scheduled the reports on daily and weekly basis.
- Designing and creating Universes with Classes, Objects, Conditions, Pre-defined filters and defining joins and cardinalities.
- Created predefined condition, prompts and customized LOV's in the process of building the Universes.
- Developed complex queries using different data providers in same report and synchronized the data.
- Scheduled canned reports through Broadcast Agent Publisher for distribution and printing.
- Created and deployed Web I Reports through Info View.
- Created a set of Ad hoc reports with Business Objects and finally deploying them in Web Intelligence. Analyzed the reports using the Drill Through, Slice and Dice.
- Created Dashboards and Scoreboards using Dashboard Manager/Application Foundation.
- Created Tables & Views and Database Triggers, Procedure & Functions using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Designed Production System support and handling opened user cases, creating test cases and performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Worked on Data Integrator to extract the source system data and loaded into the target tables.
- Worked on various transformations in Data Integrator such as Pivot, Match-Merge, Merge, Case etc and involved in unit and integration testing for data quality.
Environment: Business Objects XI R2/6.5, Universe Designer, Info view, Web Intelligence, Dashboard Manager, Application Foundation, Data Integrator XI, Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2000, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, MS Office, APO(Tomcat-Apache),Windows NT/2003 Server
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH Aug 2005-Feb 2006 Business Objects Analyst/Developer The project at Fifth Third involved conversion of transactional and operational data into a business intelligence engine for use by employees. Business Objects 6.5.1 was used to integrate querying, reporting, and analysis of the critical financial and customer data. The reports allowed related department personals/ analysts for better business analysis. The overall project allowed the Decision Support System to maintain a higher hierarchy to analyze the business and prospective customers Responsibilities:
- Involved in administration of Business Objects like users, groups using Supervisor Component.
- Deployment and Installation of BO products like Broadcast Agent, Broadcast Agent Publisher.
- Analyzed the underlying OLTP and Data Warehouse to identify the attributes and data sources.
- Analyzed the existing database and designed the Universes using Business Objects Designer Module.
- Created Universe, Classes, Objects, Conditions, Joins.
- Involved in resolving the loops, fan traps, chasm traps using contexts and aliases, checked the cardinalities, Integrity of the Universes.
- Created hierarchies, complex objects using various @functions and aggregate aware objects in the universe
- Exported the universes to the Repository to make resources available to the users. Created reports for various Portfolios using the Universes as the main Data Providers.
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Slice and Dice, Drill down, Cross Tab, Master/Detail and Formulas etc.
- Developed complex queries and sub-queries using different data providers in the same report.
- Scheduled and published Reports using Broadcast Agent.
- Created lot of report level variables, user defined objects using the business rules provided to me.
- Created template to customize style and structure of the canned reports to maintain company standards.
- Trouble shooting and tuning of the reports to reduce the performance time of the reports.
- Used Broadcast Agent Publisher, which enabled us to distribute information via email using an easy-to-use, subscription-based mechanism.
- Created reports on web using Info View Portal and ZABO, distributed the reports to different users.
- Involved in training the end user in basic and advanced Ad Hoc reporting as well as create queries, format results, and share them with others within the enterprise and beyond using Web Intelligence.
- Created Projects, Jobs, Workflows, Transformations and Data flows in Data Integrator.
- Developed several Views on Oracle 8i to be used in report generation.
Environment: Business Objects 6.5.1(Designer, Supervisor, Reporter), Web Intelligence Server, Broadcast Agent, Info View, ZABO, Data Integrator, PL/SQL, Oracle8i, DB2-UDB, Windows NT.
Confidential, Bloomington IL Apr 2004-Jul 2005 Business Objects Developer Confidential is one of the leading insurance providers for Auto, Home and Life in USA. The project is developed to provide a bird's eye view of Umbrella product line performance as well as individual product line performance in Market; it is also aimed for market analysts to find out comparisons of the competitors product lines so that they could educate the Agents in improving the business. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for gathering the requirements from the users and documented the detail design specifications for the Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Installed and configured Business Objects 6.1.b on Oracle Database.
- Created Business Objects Repository while building Business Objects solution
- Responsible for creation of Universes and exporting them to specific universe domains.
- Created Cardinalities, Contexts, Joins and Aliases for resolving Loops and checked the Integrity of the Universes.
- Generated Hierarchies for Multidimensional Analysis in reports.
- Created complicated custom reports like Gross Margin, Account Query, Aging, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Bad Debt & Payment Reports in response to user needs by retrieving data from multiple sources.
- Generating a variety of reports based on the Universes, running free-hand SQL, and also personal data files
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail, @ functions, user response and formulas to analyze the data.
- Created report templates to maintain same standards across all of the organization.
- Created reports with Alerters, Filters, Sorts, Ranking, implemented formatting, organized the reports using breaks in WEB Intelligence.
- Published and scheduled Business Objects Reports to users using Broadcast Agent.
- Responsible for conducting training sessions with end users to teach them the basic fundamentals to work on Reports.
Environment: Business Objects 6.1.b, WEB Intelligence, BCA, Oracle 8i, Toad, Windows 2000 Server, Unix.
Confidential, Hyderabad INDIA Sep 2002-Feb 2004 Jr. Business Objects Developer The objective here is to generate universes and reports, which help the organization to seek, capture and analyze feedback on their products, services and employees on ongoing basis in real time. Generated various Desktop Intelligence reports for business users which help them in identifying their week parameters in their business and helps them in improving it in future, by taking necessary actions. Responsibilities:
- Understood functionality level of business needs for Installation of Business Objects Enterprise.
- Understand the compatibility of the Environment for the Business Objects Setup.
- Involved in the design of the Universe, the metadata layer of Business Objects in the Designer Module.
- Defined hierarchies of classes and subclasses into the model reflecting the business requirements.
- Created Measure objects using the aggregate functions.
- Constructed management reports (flexible and standard) using Business Objects Reporter.
- Built queries on Universes to bring data to the report depending on the technical specifications using filters, sorters, mergers etc.
- Applied conditions on objects in the query designer to limit the data returned.
- Used charts, graphs and other customized templates to produce reports in company specific format.
Environment: Business Objects 5.1.4 Supervisor, Designer, Reporter, Oracle 8i, Windows NT 4.0
Education: Bachelors in Engineering