- Overall 7+ years of experience in Information Technology industry with a strong background in Data Analysis, Business Analysis, System Analysis & Design, testing and implementation of BI/ETL projects using Tableau,SQL and Informatica power Centre.
- Experience in creating UI visualizations with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau.
- Designed and developed interactive Tableau dashboards for executive decision making.
- Utilized all Tableau tools including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Public.
- Proficient in Strong understanding of project life cycle and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Interviewed SMEs and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and authored Business Requirement Documents (BRD) into System Requirement Specifications (SRS) and identifying interface and business process specifications.
- Proficient in creating solution driven views and dashboards by developing different chart types including Geo Maps, Symbol Maps, Pie Charts, Bubble Charts, Funnel Charts, Bar Charts (Horizontal, Stacked), Bullet Graphs, Area Charts, Scatter Plots, etc.
- Expertise in Developing User Objects (filters, prompts, metrics, Sets and Groups, Calculated Fields) to develop Documents and reports.
- Excellent in dealing with various databases like Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access, and Flat files.
- Built dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices to convey the story inside the data using Tableau.
- Experience in Developing, Designing and Support inter active Tableau dashboards.
- Good working Knowledge in Developing Power BI Reports and Dashboards from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Excellent in dealing with RDBMS including E/R Diagrams, Normalization, Joins, Keys and Data Import/Export.
- Experience in developing, debugging Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Used tools like MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Pervasive and Windows performance for monitoring and tuning SQL Server performance.
- Excellent hands on Experience in ETL (Extraction Transformation and Loading) by extracting large volumes of data from various data sources using Informatica.
- Built and deployed multi - valued parameterized reports using Power BI, Tableau.
- Excellent hands on experience in creating groups, measures and KPIs.
- Excellent involving in Reverse-Engineering and Business Rules Extraction Expert in project planning, systems analysis and troubleshooting, quality control, forecasting, scheduling, planning and tracking of results.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project oriented team player with excellent communication skills and leadership qualities in developing creative solution for the requirement of client.
- Proficient to be a part of the team that designs and acts as key role in the development/execution of IT metric dashboards via Tableau, models and data sources at varying levels of complexity .
BI Reporting tools: Tableau 10.x,9.x,8.x,7.0.x,Qlikview,Cognos 8x, SSRS, Power BI
Databases: Oracle9x/10x/11x, SQL Server2012, Service Now, Teradata 14/12, MYSQL, SYBASE, EXCEL
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8.x/10, Linux, Unix
ETL tools: Informatica 9.1.1,8.6,8.x,7.x, SSIS
Business Modeling tools: IBM Rational Modeler, MS Visio, Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-flake Schema Modeling, Erwin
Languages: T-SQL,PL/SQL, C, C++, R, TOAD, HTML
Other tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, Share Point, SSMS, JIRA
Methodologies: RAD, RUP, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Tableau Admin / Developer
- Analysing the business requirements, identifying the requirements, reviewing and communicating with business users.
- Developing reports, dashboards, and SQL queries using Tableau.
- Working on gathering data requirements from different sources and data cleansing.
- Working extensively with Advance Analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, set to create summary level and detailed Reports.
- Designed and implemented Dashboards and Scorecards with business KPIs using Performance Point Server and published them via Tableau.
- Creating Tableau reports in various subject areas like Materials Procurement Savings, Customer Service Index, Employee Productivity and Employee Safety.
- Creating data blending, filters, parameters, calculated fields, sorting, groupings, live connections in both Tableau and EXCEL.
- Connecting Tableau server with SharePoint portal and setup auto refresh.
- Worked with ETL Team to automate the Data load process, created aggregate tables, indexing and table portioning for performance and optimization of Reports.
- Effectively used data blending feature in Tableau to integrate different database tables.
- Designed and developed various analytic reports /dashboards using Tableau.
- Created Complex dashboards and used advance chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Water Fall charts, Axis, Bullet Graphs, Bubble Charts, etc. to assist business users in solving complex problems.
- Built Complex Reports using advanced reporting functions like YTD calculations, MTD calculations, percentage differences, sets and groups etc. in Tableau.
- Built Excel, Qlikview in Tableau. Developed and Documented technical architecture, system design, performance test results and other technical aspects of the implementation.
- Resolved various performance issues and analysed the best process distribution for different projects.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/Server)10.1,10.2, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, Adobe Analytics, Microsoft SQL Server, Share point, MS Visio, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Confidential, Exchange Pl, NJ
Tableau Admin / Developer
- Analysed business needs into data analysis, business intelligence data sources and reporting solutions for different types of information consumers.
- Created Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau and created calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies etc.
- Used various join types (left, inner, right, outer joins) based on business requirements.
- Utilized techniques like data blending which brings data from multiple data sources into a single view in Tableau.
- Created non-hierarchical quick filter with sets.
- Visualized data by creating Charts and Graphs (bar graphs, line charts, pie charts, Tree maps, Bubble Charts, Waterfall Charts, Bump Charts, Funnel Charts, Bollinger Charts) based on client's need.
- Used symbol maps, filled maps and other map options to plot geographical data.
- Worked on background images which include plotting data on image.
- Created Tableau field maps feature with specific geographical roles.
- Created interactive visualizations by adding quick filters.
- Analysed data using Filter Shelf, Conditional filters (by using formula), and Dynamic measure filters.
- Created worksheets using parameters and used features like sorting, grouping, sets.
- Used various calculation techniques like table, number, string and logic calculations.
- Involved in administrative activities, doing deployment and monitoring schedules and jobs.
- Combined multiple dashboards into a single story to enhance the visual appeal of the report.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 9.x, Tableau Server, MS Office Suite, SSMS, MS Excel, MS Project.
Confidential, Portage, MI
- Produced standardized and comprehensive Reporting Package Frameworks and Tableau Dashboards to deliver insights across the key identified areas.
- Expertise with business stakeholders to conduct effective discussions on project/reporting needs, data specifications, priority and timeline to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
- Designed and developed Tableau Reports, Dashboards and Stories using visual design best practices.
- Created Tableau visualization using Pareto's, Combo charts, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Cross tabs, Histograms etc.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated fields for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau and worked extensively with Advance Analysis Actions.
- Used Trend Lines, Statistics, Groups, Hierarchies, Sets etc. to create detail level summary Report and visualized Dashboard.
- Involved in troubleshooting and performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Server and Reports.
- Connected Tableau server with share-point portal and setup auto refresh feature.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.3, Tableau server, Oracle, Access, MS SQL Server, Excel
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Created metrics, attributes, filters, reports, dashboards, advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Act as a Point of Contact/Administrator in Data Interoperability, Analytics and Business Intelligence and Production Support issue resolution.
- Designed, developed and supported BI solutions, Involved in Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting issues.
- Implemented advanced geographic mapping techniques and used geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Played key role in enhancing client’s Web reporting system, reducing time of delay financial tracking analysis by 30%.
- Purchasing, Setting up, and configuring a Tableau Server and MS-SQL 2008 R2 server for Data warehouse purpose.
- Worked with all levels of development from analysis through implementation and support.
- Resolved end user reporting problems through collaboration with IT Operations.
- Worked with business users and end users in creating business and technical requirement documents.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing the requirements and preparing business rules.
- Created ETL design document as per the technical design document and mappings.
- Developed multiple Workflows for initial loading, historical data loading, backup and shutdown using Power Centre Workflow Manager.
- Developed complex mappings in Informatica to load the data from source tables using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Update Strategy, Joiner, Filter, Stored Procedure and Router.
- Worked with mapping variables, Mapping parameters and variable functions like Set Variable, SetCountVariable, SetMinVariable and SetMaxVariable.
- Developed and maintained ETL (Extract, Transformation and Loading) mappings to extract the data from multiple source systems like Oracle, SQL server and Flat files and loaded into Oracle.
- Designed and developed complex mappings by using Lookup, Expression, Update, Sequence generator, Aggregator, Router, Stored Procedure , etc., transformations to implement complex logics while coding a mapping .
- Involved in creating new table structures and modifying existing tables and fit into the existing Data Model.
- Extracted data from different databases like Oracle and external source systems like flat files using ETL tool.
- Developed Re-usable transformations, Mapplets which are used for data load to data warehouse and database (Oracle).
- Extensively worked on Informatica mappings, databases to ensure faster recovery and improve better performance.
- Involved in debugging Informatica mappings , testing of Stored Procedures and Functions, Performance and Unit testing of Informatica Sessions , Batches and Target Data .
- Developed Mapplets, Reusable Transformations, Source and Target definitions, mappings using Informatica 9.1.0 .
- Generated queries using SQL to check for consistency of the data in the tables and to update the tables as per the Business requirements.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of mappings in Informatica.
- Good understanding of source to target data mapping and Business rules associated with the ETL processes.
- Developed and tested all the mappings that have complex lookups and strategies.
- Worked extensively with complex mappings using expressions, aggregators, filters, lookup and procedures to develop and feed in Data Warehouse.
Environment: Informatica Power Centre 9.1,Oracle 11g, SQL server 2008 R2, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Toad 10.6, SQL Loader, Tidal Enterprise Scheduler 5.3.1, Accurev, Unix, Flat files, UNIX Shell Scripting, MS Excel, Autosys.
- Programmed clients website and applications - worked collaboratively with clients, Teammates and web analysts to complete designs and estimates.
- Provided insightful ideas for developing effective and accurate codes - Evaluated latest technology on the market to integrate new designs as available by new technology.
- Collaborated with end users and other related departments to ensure that the website is meeting with the client’s expectations and business requirements.
- Collaborated with technical team members to integrate back-end and front-end elements.
- Monitored and tuned database resources and activities for SQL Server databases.
- Performed and automated SQL Server version upgrades and patch installs.
- Designed, developed and maintained relational databases.
- Developed, implemented and maintained enterprise business information systems.
- Develop SSRS reports and configure SSRS subscriptions per specifications provided by internal and external clients.
- Performed production system software installations.
- Derived and documented process application business rules
- Modified and maintained SQL Server stored procedures, views and SSIS packages used in the search engine optimization (SEO) process.
Environment: Windows 00/XP, SQL Developer, MS-SQL 2008 R2, MS-Access,SSIS, MS Excel and SQL Server, Java.