- More than 7 years of experience in design, development, implementation and administration of various Business Intelligence tools and expertise in implementing various functionalities of Data warehouse.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server in various versions of Tableau 8,9,10.
- Strong experience in SQL Server development, System Analysis, Design, Development and Support of MS SQL Server 2012, 2008, 2005 and 2000.
- Extensive experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including normalization, stored procedures, constraints, querying, joins, keys, indexes, data import/export, triggers and cursors.
- Experienced in SQL Server Business intelligence tools like SQL Server Integration services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Well versed in query optimization for performance tuning and monitoring of processes.
- Expert in creating universes on OLAP SAP BW, Oracle, SQL server, Teradata, DB2
- Extensive knowledge on visualization of data and knowledge of tools such as tableau.
- Worked on complex KPI scorecards, heat maps, tree views, circle views, bar charts etc Data visualizations and interactive dashboard which helped business get a good handle on the team's productivity.
- Worked on different table calculations for different Scorecards.
- Published dashboards on Tableau public.
- Worked closely with Tableau support team during tableau server upgrades to 10x
- Worked on data blending and increased the dashboard performance by extracting data.
- Worked on Python for Data Mining and Trend Analysis in Operations Dashboard Project.
- Perform Enterprise analysis to understand the needs of the business as a whole, its strategic direction and work with System Business Analyst and Enterprise Architects to identify solutions to enable the business to achieve its strategic goals
- Worked on Data Model design, Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading, Mappings & Workflows, Customized Analytics Reports.
- Deployed tableau server in clustered environment by adding worker machines.
- Broad experience in resolving universe issues like Loops and Traps using Alias and context.
- Database development with Python DB - API, SQL, MS SQL Server.
- In-depth knowledge in building/maintaining Repository, Universes and creating ad-hoc reports.
- Working in both Semantic layers of Business objects like Universes and Business views as Data source for Crystal reports.
- Highly Proficient in Agile, Test Driven, Iterative, Scrum and Waterfall software development life cycle.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Strong analytical, logical, Communication and problem solving skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies by self-learning.
- Familiar with Oracle BI Apps (OBIA) 7.9.x modules- Sales, Service, Marketing, HR, and Finance.
- Expertise in full life cycle Business Intelligence implementations and have an understanding of all aspects of an implementation project using OBIEE 10.1.3.x/Siebel Analytics 7.x.
- Expertise in design and development of the three layers (Physical/Business Model and Mapping/ Presentation) of an OBIEE Metadata Repository (.rpd)using Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Experienced in up gradation and migration of OBIEE between dev/test/prod environments
- Proficient in defining Key Performance Metrics (KPIs), facts, dimensions, hierarchies and developing Standard Snow Flake schemas.
- Skilled at creating and scheduling iBots in Oracle BI Delivers to provide real-time, personalized and actionable intelligence data to subscribers.
- Experienced in configuring and set up of OBIEE Security using LDAP and External Database Tables and configuring object level and database level security.
- Well versed in working with ETL Tools such as Informatica Power Center/ Power Mart 8.x/7.x in creating Source/ Target definitions, building Mappings/ Mapplets and creating and monitoring Sessions/ Workflows.
Tableau: Tableau Desktop 10.x/9.x/8.x, Tableau Server 10.x/9.x/8.x,Tableau Mobile.
OBIEE: (OBIEE11g), Oracle BI Admin Tool, Catalog Manager, Answers (Analytics), Dashboard, BI Publisher, and Delivers.
BI TOOLS: SAP Business Objects 4.1, XI 3.1.
Business Intelligence Tools: OBIEE 10.1.3.x, Siebel Analytics 7.x Databases Oracle 9i/10g, MS SQL Server 200x, MS Access Database Tools TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer
Oracle Financials App: GL, AR, AP, FX.
Databases: Oracle Teradata and MySQL, SQL Server .
Oracle Admin: Enterprise Manager, WebLogic Console.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, R, Python XML, SQL*Plus.
Operating System: Windows 7/8, Windows NT, UNIX.
Management Tools: Control-M.
ETL: Informatica Power Center Versions 9.0.1.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Tableau Developer/ Admin
- Worked with various teams to design and develop tableau reports and visualizations according to business user requirements
- Migrated various reports from excel to Tableau 10.X
- Implemented best practices to develop optimized tableau reports and published them on the server
- Extensively used calculated fields, LOD expressions and table calculations .
- Leveraged regular expressions in tableau to extract key value pairs in nested JSON
- Participated in tableau user group meetings to learn new implementations of tableau environment.
- Wrote stored procedures and views exclusively for tableau data source.
- Built custom admin views for users, workbooks, data sources usage on tableau server by querying the postgres Sql repository.
- Wrote power shell scripts to send tableau reports to users on a weekly basis with specified parameters by leveraging tabcmd utility.
- Wrote power shell scripts for tableau server backup and maintenance with tabadmin utility.
- Write azman scripts to create stores and roles for tableau server users management.
- Implementation R and Python for data analysis in tableau server as an external host .
- Performed upgrades, configuration of Kerberos and SSL configuration of tableau servers.
- Managed user access and permissions for projects and individual workbooks.
- Wrote power shell script to alert the users in case of extract failures by using a dsn odbc connection to tableau postgres repository.
- Laid out an upgrade plan and co-ordinated with different teams to perform pre and post upgrade tasks. co-ordinated with mobile iron team to implement and configure tableau mobile for users inside the organization.
- Helped the users in trouble shooting issues with embedded views from tableau server in their applications.
ENVIRONMENT: Tableau Desktop,Server 10.x/9.x, Tableau Mobile,SQL Server 2012,Postges SQL, pgadmin, powershell v4.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Understand the Requirements and Functionality of the application from specifications.
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained Tableau functional reports based on user requirements.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and Parameters using Tableau.
- Worked closely with Business users. Interacted with ETL developers, Project Managers, and members of the QA teams.
- Converted existing BO reports to tableau dashboards
- Created different KPI using calculated key figures and parameters
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts and Density Chart.
- Developed donut charts and implemented complex features in charts like creating bar charts in tool-tip.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics and table calculations.
- Hands on building Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary reports and Dashboard using KPI's
- Strong Dashboard design experience and passionate practitioner of effective data visualization. Familiarity with best practices around visualization and design.
- Provided Production support to Tableau users and Wrote Custom SQL to support business requirements.
- Utilized Tableau server to publish and share the reports with the business users.
- Also involved in administration tasks such as Setting permissions, managing ownership and providing access to the users and adding them to the specific group.
- Distributed Tableau reports using techniques like Packaged Workbooks, PDF to different user community.
ENVIRONMENT: Tableau 9.x, Business Object 5x, Amazon Redshift.
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
TABLEAU / ETL - BI / BO Consultant
- Involved in discussing Requirement Clarifications with multiple technical and Business teams.
- Involved in developing Functional Design document based on client requirements.
- Provided technical solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Connected BW data by using Tableau server.
- Resolved long running SQL queries in tuning SQL for better performance.
- Involved in developing dashboards using Tableau.
- Generated Tableau reports with Trend lines.
- Used filters, quick filters, sets, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
- Performed incremental extracts for OLAP database.
- Generated Tableau combination charts using Tableau visualization software.
- Build and publish Tableau reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, parameters.
- Involved in creating and visualizing dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Developed various dashboards, used context filters, sets while dealing with huge volume of data.
- Generated dashboard for Finance team, provided security by using user filters.
- Created adhoc reports to users in Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Developed Tableau dashboards with combination charts for clear understanding.
Environment: Teradata, SAP BW 7.3, Tableau 8.0
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Involved in business requirement analysis and responsible for providing LOE for Tableau reports and dashboards
- Created various Tableau dashboards and visualizations using filters, custom calculations, parameters and dashboard actions etc.
- Developed Critical Performance dashboards in Tableau for Dish External Regional Service Providers RSP and Sub-Contractors SUB
- Created Daily Average, Weekly Average, Day of Week averages, 8/16 week Averages and various other custom calculations to show the performance for RSP's and SUB's
- Reported on various other metrics such as Daily work order completion rate, Survey Scores, Trouble call work order rates etc.
- Executives use the performance dashboards to give incentives and bonuses to RSP's and SUB's
- Leveraged user level security for Tableau Dashboards to be able to display data pertaining to RSP's/SUB's who logged in • Implemented tableau data extracts and created dependencies to trigger subscriptions once the extracts are finished through TABCMD utility
- Increased the existing dashboards performance by decreasing the report rendering time from 3 mins to 15 sec.
- Created tableau visualizations for Sales Channel training groups
- Dashboards show the training quizzes completion rate and scores obtained by users, their supervisors and also aggregated by the locations
- Leveraged tableau built in graphical capabilities to create bar charts, tree maps, area charts and also created custom visualization like donut charts, trellis plots etc.
- These dashboards also contain drill down capability to be able to drill down from country to state to city to Supervisors to individual user level
- Created Tableau dashboards and reports for Dish Retailers to show their daily, monthly activations over the course of 24month period
- Various Slicing and Dicing capabilities like by the Activation Plan, Credit Score Buckets, Language etc. are provided in the form of filters to give ad-hoc reporting capability
- Leveraged dashboard actions to provide drill through capability to individual account level
- Implemented Row level security for the reports to be able to restrict data related to a particular retailer who logged in • Responsible for administrative tasks like creating schedules for subscription, extracts etc.
- Imported users and groups and provided permissions in Tableau Server manually and though TABCMD scripts.
ENVIRONMENT: Tableau Desktop 8, Tableau Server 8.0, MS Office Suite, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, MS Excel.
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Data Warehouse Developer
- Extensively involved in Coding PL/SQL, Packages, Procedures, Functions and Database Objects according to Business rules.
- Extensively coded Forms, Reports using Developer.
- Performed tuning the application (includes Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Database
- Created Database Objects (indexes) to boost the performance of the Application.
- Extensively involved in coding of Triggers, Packages in the Application Level at each and every Transaction.
- Database Triggers, Cursors were used for the Data Validation at every Transaction level.
Environment: Oracle 7.x, SQL, PL/SQL, Developer/2000 (Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5) and Sun Solaris/Windows.
- Perform database consistency checks at regular intervals.
- Monitor SQL Server activity through profiler.
- Developed stored procedures used by application developers for displaying reports.
- Modified existing database by adding tables and establishing the relationships using constraints.
- Created Data Models using Erwin tool.
- Created several stored procedures to Archive the old data in the database.
- Wrote custom T-SQL Stored procedures to improve performance, preserve referential integrity, and provide additional application functionality for maintaining hierarchal data.
- Created SSIS Packages.
- Knowledge of Database Performance Monitoring tools.
- Migration from SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2008
- Maintained and improved high availability and disaster recovery strategies for the database and fail-over methods.
- Developed reports using complex formulas to query the database to generate different types of ad-hoc reports using Crystal Reports.
- Experience working with ASP.NET as frontend team.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in TSQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary.
- Scheduled jobs for Backup, and created alerts for error reporting.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, T-SQL, Excel, Erwin, Windows 2008/XP, Visual Studio, Crystal Reports.