Over 35 years of experience in various Information Technology roles. Extensive background in development environments, particularly in large - scale data warehousing projects. Have managed and contributed in all phases of the development lifecycle: project requirements definition, system architecture, database design, ETL design and development, semantic layer design and development.
- TERADATA, ORACLE, SYBASE SQL SERVER, SYBASE IQ SERVER, Microsoft SQL SERVER, INFORMIX, IMAGE, IMS, DB/2, ADABASE, PARADOX, CLIPPER, FOXBASE.
- Data Warehouse Architect responsible for all aspects of design and implementation of Data Warehouses.
- Teradata RDBMS Logical and Physical Database Design, Administration, Performance Analysis and Tuning.
- Mainframe and UNIX Based Data Warehouse Extract, Transformation, and Loading (ETL/ELT) of data from various sources into Enterprise wide Integrated data models including Teradata load and extract utilities such as MLOAD, FASTLOAD, FASTEXPORT and BTEQ.
- Other: Teradata SQL Assistant, Teradata Administrator, ERWIN, Embarcadero Data Architect, Power Designer, S-Designor, ER/Studio, Business Objects, COGNOS, DATASTAGE, DEVELOPER 2000, COBOL, PL/1, FORTRAN, POWERHOUSE.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Design of the ‘Analytics as a Service’ solution which has included: analysis of the existing Power Pivot based Dashboards, documenting business rules for Confidential, validation of the existing SQL logic for the Power Pivot tables.
- Participation in ETL Migration Project which has included conversion of existing Microsoft SQL Server ETL jobs.
Teradata Senior Consultant.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Design of the Enterprise Data Warehouse which has included: comprehensive analysis of various customer OLTP systems including MOMENTUM Financials product and FMIS modules resulting in building of the Logical and Physical Data Models. Conducted educational presentations about built Logical and Physical Data Models.
- ETL development using Teradata BTEQ scripts and Stored Procedures.
- Performing daily ETL batch support using Teradata Stored Procedures and Teradata Unity Service Link.
- Performance tuning of the processes running on the 2700 Teradata Data Warehouse Appliance Server (Analysis of Key Performance Metrics and Development of a set of recommendations in the areas of Workload Management, definition of PI’s and SI’s, data de-normalization).
- Modification of EDW ETL process (Teradata SQL Stored Procedures) for the needs of Data Security project (Teradata and Confidential partnership).
- Migration from Teradata 13.10 to 15.00 which included re-builds of Databases, Users, Tables, Macros, Stored Procedures.
- Migration of data using SQL scripts.
Confidential, Livonia, MIData Architect
- Physical Data Model Design for two ORACLE based Source Systems of the EDW - PisCES and PieV2 containing clinical information (PI assignment based on Data profiling results and Data Usage patterns).
- ‘Forward Engineering’ of the DDL’s for the EDW Tables, building Tables and corresponding Views.
Confidential, Franklin, TNData Architect
- EDW Logical Data Model Design using Healthcare Industry LDM based on the analysis of various Hospital Patient Record Management Systems.
- Physical Data Model Design using EDW Logical Data Model.
- ‘Forward Engineering’ of the DDL’s for the EDW Tables. That also included building of the DDL’s for EDW Staging Area.
- Assisted Project Team DBA in the implementation of EDW Tables,
- Performed ongoing Data Model correction based on the requests from business users, ETL team and Reporting team.
Confidential, Lewisville, TXData Architect
- Conversion of SQL queries sourced from various tools (SAS, BRIO, TOAD, Business Objects)
- Conducted user training on Teradata technology online and as an instructor for a broad audience in cooperation with Confidential employees and Teradata Professional Services Consultants.
- Performed conversion of SQL scripts which are currently being used in SAS applications against DB2 for their usage against Teradata.
- During the daily activities provided user consultation on Teradata best practices
- Participated in brainstorming sessions on Workload Management activities with Confidential Corporate DBA employees and Teradata PS personnel
- Has developed a Teradata ‘Tips and Tricks’ document and has disseminated it within Confidential user community through Teradata Training sessions
- Performed analysis of the existing Physical Data Model and has provided recommendations on
- Performance tuning of poorly performing SQL queries utilizing Teradata Performance COE recommendations (Query assessment, Stats collection recommendations, Query join path analysis).
- Provided recommendations to the users on Application Design, conducted Application Design sessions for various business groups.
- As a part of daily activities has been involved in numerous Production Support Incident resolution which required Teradata expertise.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PAData Architect
- Performed assessment of ‘ Confidential ’ Data Mart sourcing data from SAP BW.
- Within 2.5 week time frame developed a proposal with a set of measures for performance improvement on the Physical Data Model and Database sides.
Confidential, Providence, RIData Architect
- Ma intenance of the Logical and Physical Data Models for Commercial Loan Application (AFS), total number of physical entities around 200.
- Development of Business Views for the Presentation Layer of the Application.
- ETL process performance tuning for Staging and Core Databases (choosing optimal PI’s and PPI’s, tuning of the free-hand SQL queries developed by ETL and Reporting teams).
- Conducted knowledge transfer sessions on AFS Data Model and Teradata Database to new members of Project team and Application business users .
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
- Building of the EDW Staging and Core Physical Data Models and corresponding Database objects based off Oracle and Mainframe applications with total number of instantiated physical entities around 1,200.
- Assisted off-shore ETL team in data load tuning efforts and data quality analysis.
Confidential, Dayton, OH
- Phase 1 EDW Physical Data Model Design containing 192 tables.
- ‘Forward Engineering’ of the DDL’s for the Core EDW Tables.
- Assisted Project Team DBA in the implementation of Phase 1 Core EDW Tables,
- Performed ongoing Physical Data Model correction based on the results of abovementioned step.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CAData Architect
- ETL process performance tuning.
Teradata Solutions Architect.
- Conceptual, Logical and Physical Database Design, ETL Design, Semantic Layer Design.
- DBA responsibilities for various projects.
- Review and Sign-Off of SDLC related project documentation.
- Technical project management of on-shore/off-shore teams for various consulting companies (INFOSYS, COGNIZANT, Confidential ).
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- ORACLE to TERADATA Data Warehouse conversion project which included Conversion of reporting environment from ORACLE to TERADATA, comprising of 50 Universes and 30 Reports.
- Technical project management of the off-shore resource team (requirements definition, test plan definition, unit test result review, integration testing) for Business Objects and DBA tasks.
Confidential, Hanover, MDData Architect
- Interface development from Financial Data Warehouse to Profitability Analysis application which included Project definition, Project requirements gathering and documentation.
- Database design specifications for existing and new tables.
- ETL software development and implementation using TERADATA BTEQ utility.
Confidential, Rancho Bernardo, CAData Architect
- Conversion of reporting environment from Oracle to Teradata- migration of existing Universes and Reports.
- Conducted performance benchmarking of Business Objects queries.
- Worked on Business Objects SQL optimization.
- Management of off-shore resource team engaged for Unit Testing.
Confidential, Rancho Bernardo, CAData Architect
- Development of reports for Early Warning System - Confidential POC using TERADATA and Business Objects.
Confidential, Columbus, OHData Architect
- Data mining initiative - software design, development and implementation of analytical data sets and customer scoring models from Customer Knowledge System (CKS) data warehouse using BTEQ, FASTLOAD and MULTILOAD utilities and Teradata Warehouse Miner.
Confidential, Mason, OHData Architect
- Performed assessment of an existing Account Reporting system for the areas of Claims and Membership. Within two week time frame developed a proposal with a set of measures for performance improvement on the TERADATA database and Business Objects reporting sides.
- Point of Sale Enterprise Data Warehouse ETL process development including unit and integration testing using TERADATA BTEQ, FASTLOAD utilities, KORNE SHELL and MERCURY Test Director, sourcing data from SAP/R3 and SAP BW.
Data Warehouse Developer/Analyst, Dearborn, MI
- ETL batch processes development and implementation for various Confidential Authorized Dealer Parts Sales Reporting Programs and Marketing and Sales Retail Incentive Programs (Medallion Elite Club, RMI/RPM, Be the Best, Keep it Genuine, Big Summer Brake, A/C Compressor Cool Cash) using TERADATA BTEQ, MULTILOAD, FASTLOAD, FASTEXPORT utilities and COBOL.
- Design of star schema data model and development of ETL process for Unit in Operations Data.
- Design and development of new universes and reports for Unified Database Data Warehouse and eReact program using BUSINESS OBJECTS.
- Documentation development for existing ETL processes using SDM methodology.
- Information gathering for 2004 Sarbanes-Oxly Compliance program - Control Process and Corporate Standard categories.
- Participation in regression testing for V2R5 TERADATA implementation.
- Daily and monthly ETL batch process restructuring for the performance improvement purposes.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MIData Architect
- Support of existing ETL batch processes on UNIX SUN SOLARIS platform from SYBASE database servers and IBM DB/2 using COBOL, KORNE SHELL, SYBASE SQL SERVER and SYBASE IQ SERVER stored procedures.
- Support of user reporting requirements - administration of COGNOS IMPROMPTU catalogues.
Data Warehouse Developer/Analyst
Confidential, Troy, MI
- Development of ETL jobs for Purchasing History Data Warehouse using DATASTAGE.
- Development of Claims Warranty reporting subsystem which included:
- Report specifications definition using existing COBOL and FOCUS reports and reports and extracts for client/server application using DEVELOPER 2000, SQL and PERL.
- Reports development for Claims Warranty Data Warehouse using Business Objects.
Confidential, Troy, MI
- Requirements definition for various interfaces - data warehouse, funds transfer pricing, match funded, transfer rate, teller strip, central files for HOGAN, lockbox, SAP ISB.
- Development of TRANSACT SQL scripts using abovementioned design specifications.
- Development of conversion programs for abovementioned interfaces on IBM mainframe side using COBOL.
- Testing of results of Year 2000 conversion project for Leasing application using PL/1. COBOL/VSAM, JCL, FILEAID, XPEDITOR, PLAYBACK, VIADUCT and DATEFIND.
Business Analyst/Systems Engineer II
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
- Development of EDI system for outside processors using GENTRAN:EXCEL, GENTRAN:SERVER, PERL and COBOL/IMS.
- Development and maintenance of application software for outside processing and customer service departments using COBOL/IMS.