- A Microsoft Infrastructure Consulting expert, with extensive Deployment, Migration, Messaging, Networking and Security experience
- Deep Technical Acumen in Microsoft, VMware and Cisco Products with Messaging and Security Focus
- Practical problem solver using analytical, creative, and communication skills
- General business savvy able to see the big picture as well as important details
- Unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment
- Energetic, positive, and self - motivated with the ability to speak and write effectively
- Able to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- A solutions specialist with fresh, valuable, and effective ideas
- Strategic Thinking, Team Building, and Leadership
- Experienced with a consultative approach to interacting with customers internal or external
- Project Management Méthodologies (Six Sigma, MOF, PMP, SDLC, etc.)
- Extensive work with Microsoft Exchange 5.5, 2003,2007, 2010,2013 Quest Migration Manager, Systems Center (Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, Virtual Machine Manager), Forefront Identity Manager, Active Directory, Priasoft, Powershell, SharePoint, MS SQL Server, VMWare ESX Server/Vshpere 5.5, Checkpoint firewalls, and Cisco security, convergence, and internetworking devices, as well as other security and internetworking tools.
Quest Migration Manager Suite/ Active Directory (AD) / Server 2003 / Windows Server 2008 / Exchange 2003 /Exchange 2007,2010,2013/ SCCM 2007,2012/ SharePoint /VMware / ISA /IIS / IAS / SQL / SMS / ISS / Checkpoint / Cisco
- System Center 2012 Architecture and Deployment (SCVMM, SCCM, SCOM)
- Active Directory Inter-forest Migration
- Datacenter Migration
- Notes to Offie365 Migration
- PKI / UAG / Direct Access
- ADFS and Application Authentication Migration Strategy
- Stood up Multitenant Hosted Exchange 2013 System.
- Active Directory Migration Consulting
Forefront Identity Manager
- Wrote VB custom DLL to interface into Oracle in order to set Passwords and use extended management agent capabilities.
- Created complex workflow for flowing attributes and objects between many disparate systems to complete lifecycle provision and de-provisioning.
- Worked at the Avanade booth with Principal Architect on SCCM 2012 Kickoff and expo in Las Vegas
- Active Directory Consolidation 4000 Users
- Exchange 2003 to 2010 Migration using Quest Migration Manager
- Utilized Quest Migration Manager to merge Confidential and Confidential into new 40,000 employees AD.
- Leveraged Quest Active Roles, and PowerShell to script significant discovery and migration activities.
- Complex GPO analysis to merge and filter based upon conflict and duplication.
- Document entire process to integrate with Identity management Solution including Active Directory Federated Services and Virtual Directory
- Utilized Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 to manage Password resets between Active Directory for multiple forests, Home grown applications, and an Oracle Database.
- Utilized ADMT and custom scripting for all migration processes.
- Collapsing 15 Independent domains world-wide into on 2008r2 Domain.
- Utilized FIM and PCNS to allow for Self Password Reset for Disparate systems.Architecting datacenter resiliency and service resiliency through the use of NLB (native) and Appliance Load Balancers for GLB.
- GPO migration and DNS Confidential retool including migration of cleansed existing to new RODC in remote countries.
- VMware infrastructure to support Domestic services
- Significant work to remediate DNS,WINS
- Scripting to automate OU inventories and migration tasks (Powershell)
- Exchange 2003 to 2010 Migration and Domain consolidation (15,000 mailboxes utilized the Priasoft Migration Suite).
- Active Directory Domain consolidation for 3 disparate organizations and 2 datacenter moves (Utilized Quest and Native Tools)
- Designed consolidation and migration strategy to move 2000 users using Quest Migration Manager Suite from Exchange 2003 to 2010.
- Leveraged ADMT, Quest Migration Suite, Custom Scripting, and detailed technical procedures.
- Significant work to remediate DNS, WINS (Resolution) along with authentication methodologies employed for disparate domains in legacy environment.
- Created management tools for proactive reporting in large Exchange environment for service health and log file data analysis.
- Project to deploy SCCM to deploy standardized packages and manage enterprise assessts for 2500 workstations.
- Deep technical acumen Designing, Deploying and supporting highly available Exchange and Infrastructure systems especially with Exchange 2010.
- Designed and deployed Migration architecture to consolidate 5 disparate Active Directory Domains and 2 Netware Confidential forests for ~7000 users.
- Leveraged ADMT, Quest Confidential Migrator, Custom Scripting, and detailed technical procedures to ensure minimal/zero down time.
- Developed unique solution in an environment with no desktop standardization, infrastructure best practices and many more hurdles technically, logistically, and personably in a short project time frame.
- Created all associated documentation e.g. Requirements Definition, Design Documents, Project Plan, As-Built
- Utilized SCCM 2007 to manage desktops (inventory, help desk, image deployment)
- Architected Security infrastructure to include Hygiene services for Server and Desktop
- Deployed Forefront server to Endpoints and Server to include Exchange and Smart Host Transport
- Designed and deployed Active Directory architecture to consolidate 12 disparate international domains encompassing 30 sites and 17,000 users.
- Designed and migrated Exchange 2003 to 2007 multi organization environment utilizing architecture for multi-datacenter Continuous Cluster Replication CCR and Standby Continuous Replication SCR
- Modeled proposed design to validate Server Architecture, Storage Subsystems, utilizing JetStress, LoadGen, ESP, as well as custom Perfmon Monitoring of existing Messaging environment.
- Leveraged combination of native tools, Quest Exchange Migration tools, and manual process to achieve zero downtime and seamless integration for all services and mail flow between all organizations and custom applications.
- Integrated custom solution for OWA and ActiveSync via creative use of F5 Load balancers across multi datacenters and subnets to create highly available and redundant service.
- Created all associated documentation e.g. Requirements Definition, Design Documents, Project Plan, As-Built documentation, Disaster Recovery Procedures, and Run Book.
- Developed and Integrated New and Existing Security requirements per Corporate Infosec policies.
- Follow on project to manage the infrastructure using System Center Operations Manager
- Designed and Deployed 2008 Active Directory Infrastructure for 160 locations.
- Designed and Deployed System Center Configuration Manager.
- Created migration strategy for moving existing Novel Confidential Tree to New Confidential Active Directory Environment
- Developed custom scripts to bulk add users, computers, objects to AD for custom regional requirements to facilitate Confidential to AD synchronicity.
- Stage and config all servers to accommodate Hyper-v instances of Core, DCs, and SCCM Site Servers.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
Director of Messaging
- Architected Exchange 2007 HMC 4.0 infrastructure for 250,000 Users and 14,000 hosted domains leveraging Geo dispersed CCR.
- Developed operational review and monitoring process for production systems.
- Built Messaging team to support Cbeyond Hosted messaging offering.
- Performed Loadgen and predictive analysis to identify appropriate hardware and infrastructure requirements based on IOPS, MB Capacity, and Network Performance.
- Saved over 1.2 Million Dollars in capital equipment purchases based on re-architecting storage-subsystems and ancillary infrastructure requirements.
- Remediated network infrastructure to accommodate WAN traffic patterns and resiliency of network connectivity to core switches.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Active Directory and Exchange Architect
- Migrated Confidential from Samba based Authentication and Confidential to Windows Server 2008 Active Directory services along with Exchange 2007 in a Multi-Subnet Geo dispersed CCR architecture.
- Provided full project management, design deliverables and as-built documentation.
- Re-Designed and deployed edge smart hosts in a mult-datacenter redundant architecture.
- Assisted in the implementation of new networking architecture including new IP addressing scheme for public and private.
- Designed and deployed Virtualization technologies leveraging VMware ESX Server 3.5 to provide for lab scratch pad, server consolidation as well as high ROI.
Confidential, Memphis TN
- Providing consultative services focusing primarily on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active directory migration, Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007.
- Server Virtualization leveraging VMware ESX product line.
- Migrated 6000 Users from disparate NT 4.0 Domains to 2003 Active Directory for 6+ Regional Hospital environments.
- Remediate mission critical clinical applications to ensure proper functioning and HIPAA compliance.
- Designed Active Directory architecture for Confidential Inc eCommerce environment to include migration strategy for legacy Exchange infrastructure.
- Deployed several Cisco ASA Firewalls along with deploying and integrating Security into 6509 for large Hospital.
- Designed and Deployed several Exchange 2007 solutions.
- Deployed SharePoint Server 2007 in 6000 seat environment.
- Integrated Heterogeneous systems leveraging Microsoft Identity Integration Server 03MIIS and Identity Lifecycle Manager 07 ILM
Confidential, Washington, DC
Architect Director Systems Engineering & Integration
- Enterprise Architect and Engineering Manager for a $2 Billion Microsoft Infrastructure, LAN/WAN and Managed Services project that provided services to 65,000 users at 400 sites.
- Managed a group of 100+ MCSE, CISSP, CCNP, CCIE consultants and engineers responsible for designing and implementing the entire secured infrastructure for the Department of Homeland Security's Transportation Security Administration.
- Spearheaded a project to transition ATF from the Department of Transportation to Department of Justice including Active Directory and Exchange migration from Confidential and GroupWise.
- Architected solution for a 65,000 user Active Directory, MS Exchange environment.
- Designed the Cisco Internetworking architecture for security and routing/switching/VoIP for 400 airports.
- Responsible for all hiring, firing, training, financials, customer interaction, and delivery.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Personally led a 4,000-seat project to deploy Active Directory from Confidential, Windows 2000 and Citrix XP to large government entity in 4 months.
- Spearheaded key jobs performing sensitive security audits/assessments in large, complex environments.
- Deployed large numbers of Firewalls, IDS and VPN solutions including the design and support efforts as billable engagements.
- Managed Professional Services organization focusing on Security services (Audits, Pen Tests, Integration, and Managed Security Services).
- Developed Methodologies for all service offerings, e.g. Active Directory DRP; MS Exchange, Security Audits/Polices; Citrix Int.
- 80% Billability for 27 consultants primarily delivering repeatable security services and integration of core infrastructure products.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for the Enterprise Network Systems consulting arm focusing on: Microsoft Solutions, Enterprise Security, and Advanced Internetworking offerings.
- Implemented stringent engagement methodologies for consultants in each core subject matter.
- Developed and deployed services centering on Microsoft, Security and Enterprise Internetworking.
- Led a W2K rollout for a 10,000 seat environment.
- Architected Active Directory Workshop for several fortune 100 companies.
- Delivered Network Performance Analysis repeatable service to do root cause analysis of network traffic pattern.
- Assisted in producing new and emergent services into repeatable methodologies to market inside our customer base.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Director, Technical Services
- P&L responsibility for $7 million in consultative/services revenue (20% growth in 1 year).
- Created valuable relationships that sustained company through difficult period.
- Primary point of responsibility for technical decisions in some of Confidential 's largest accounts such as: Home Depot, Publix, Coca-Cola, AHOLD, Belk, Federated Stores, UPS, Eckerd, NAPA, Harris Teeter, Sax Fifth Ave, Hechinger Confidential, Etc.
- Supervised 20 direct reports with a matrix to 30 contractors/support personnel.
- P&L responsibility for the systems/service/consulting side of the business. This accounted for 7 Million in consultative/services revenue.
- Rolled out 5000 IP devices utilizing Confidential 's secure NT based platform for communications and SW delivery.
- Led the deployment efforts of 200+ Belk Department stores while doing the integration of their entire NT servers and workstations.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
International Network Architect
- Spearheaded conversion from Davinci to Microsoft Exchange for 10,000+ Global users.
- Migrated Confidential 3.x to all MS Backoffice products in branch offices and in Corp Confidential .
- Deployed SMS 1.0 to all remote location and Confidential to provide asset management, remote control, patch management.
- Responsible for coordinating conversion of NetWare Servers and services to Windows NT platform hosting the PIRS, Commercial, and Financial systems in a n-Tier architecture.
- Senior engineer for implementing domestic intranet/extranet, and utilization of Public Internet for extended WAN services.
- Developed robust security architecture to include Policies, Checkpoint FW-1 at the edge, log analysis, application security and Internet Security Systems IDS.
- Supervise and Direct Project Managers and IT Managers in all 60 International facilities.
- Converted antiquated legacy systems to best-of-breed architecture, traveling 75% to 30+ countries.
- Maintained 100% on-time, under-budget record, coordinating international scheduling, installation and training.
- One of the first global fortune 500 to leverage a VPN strategy using a mix of vendor products
- Annual budgeting in excess of 3 Million Dollars.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Accountable for the technical architecture of the organizations IT infrastructure.
- Introduced streamlined business processes for $250 million Confidential division.
- Created innovative sales force automation package as part of proactive integration of business and IS.
- Designed and formulated the strategy for implementing new technology in conjunction with business needs.
- Managed other IS positions such as Help Desk, Application Developer, Trainer, Night Operator and Administrative Assistant.
- High-level technical support for mission critical applications.