Performance - driven and customer-centric Cloud Solutions Architect with over 20 years of extensive experience teaching computer science to university students, overseeing mission-critical projects involving the management of high availability servers and complex environments for Fortune 500 companies in the US and Europe. Self-motivated Consultant with hands-on experience directing the application development / support team, solving technical issues, identifying operational gaps and liaising with key stakeholders to deliver service excellence, efficiency, and quality while mitigating business risks.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Application Development and Deployment Vendor Management Customer Relations
- People Management / Recruiting / Budgeting Risk Analysis / Risk Management Contingency planning
- Application and Infrastructure Administration Team Management / Project Management Process Improvement
- Disaster Recovery / ICT / Virtualization / Cloud Network and Application Optimization Teaching, Capacity planning
- Performance Management / Evaluation Social Media Strategies, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS Quality Control
- Proficient at enhancing the working ability of systems by applying the appropriate technical program
- Demonstrated ability to increase collaboration, cooperation and instill a team mentality among cross-functional teams
- Providing exceptional customer service experience to generate loyal customers and ensure return business
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize and organize multiple tasks to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- People-oriented with excellent customer service, relationship building, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analysis skills with exceptional facilitation, collaborative, and coordination abilities
- Outstanding ability to translate and convey technical information in clear and concise forms for easy comprehension
- Critical and strategic thinking skills with exceptional report writing, presentation, and public speaking abilities
- Exceptional ability to develop new hires in understanding job requirements, policies, and procedures
- Excellent work ethic with ability to function independently with minimal or no supervision
Core expertise in messaging middleware: strong background in analysis with creative, analytical skills for business integration, cloud solutions architecture, Team leading, team management, SDLC methodology, disaster recovery responsibilities, capacity planning, various load balancing solutions, change control, performance, quality assurance and training.
Application and integration solutions: Data Center, Virtualization, Cloud Technologies, SaaS / PaaS / IaaS, MicroService, Message Queuing, Application Server, Configuration Management, Systems Monitoring and alerting, Service Now, Remedy.
Data management technologies: Storage, Object Database, RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL Databases.
Operating systems including: Windows, Citrix, UNIX, Linux, HP NonStop.
Network communications and protocols: Security, Firewalls and Load-balancing.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Cloud Solution Architect
- Completed various short term Applications and Infrastructure O perations consulting missions.
- Helped develop successful ICT strategies in the developing world with tactical pervasive high-speed Internet access, cloud infrastructure, and application solutions as well as engagement in education and innovation. Exploring Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure & Google GCP cloud architecture solutions with Security, Storage, Reliability, Performance as well as Cost and Operations.
- In-depth understanding of Cloud technologies architecture solutions; IaaS, PaaS and SaaS with microservices, containers and deployment frameworks.
- Reviews for application decoupling and optimizations, performance improvement, operation excellence and cost optimization.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Achieved quick results in productivity by establishing positive relationships with senior executives both in IT and Business that facilitated the buy-in for implementation of new processes and resolution of roadblocks.
- Designed and implemented configuration & security modules, managed end-to-end operations design, trouble reporting & resolution, build and release scheduling with insightful dashboard information.
- Defined and validated an effective Single Sign On (SSO) solution for a Cloud SaaS application with several thousands users around the world hosted by external vendor and based on the enterprise Active Directory LDAP infrastructure .
- Supported various applications 24x7 based on Service Now, IT Service Management software, with use of various feature to customize and automate our team monitoring, ticketing and alerting system including on mobile devices.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Co-founder of a new media and mobile technology start-up for an integrated social media enterprise with various consulting activities and products including on iOS and Android.
- Actively managed a team of up to 12 of multidisciplinary specialists effectively onshore & offshore and provided daily strategic and tactical direction for the software development team; performance management, professional development, process improvement, resource allocation and compensation plans.
- Led the requirements gathering process, assembled resources, delegated tasks, communicated project status and timelines to manage customer expectations, meet project deadlines and maximize efficiency throughout each project phase. This led to prioritizing and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Assisted various customers in implementing their own effective and engaging social media marketing strategies with measurable ROI; managed resource availability against business demand for additional enhancements.
- Developed application strategies and handled tasks of deploying various software applications and release management.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Team Leader & Senior Consultant
- Delivered global support solutions and improved customer support efficiency by streamlining support team activities, standardizing responses to common questions, and identifying the root cause of recurring problems.
- Drove top-performing team through the implementation of various upgrade plans that ensured validation and minimal risk exposure to the business, providing operational continuity; implemented best practices during upgrade and expansion.
- Represented support team in management meetings, influencing executive management team decisions regarding hardware, software, training, IT policies and guidelines for systems support and operations.
- Developed procedures and workflow documents for change management requests and handling.
- Gathered information, optimized and managed resources related to licensing, increasing value while reducing cost.
Confidential, Prospect Heights, IL
- Assumed architecture design, integration and management responsibilities for various applications in parallel.
- Provided level 3 support activities in an astringent 24x7 context for many years, reducing customer resolution times and improving case closure rates; maintained industry standards by mentoring support personnel to optimize performance.
- Continually researched, evaluated and analyzed industry trends and middleware application reviews; suggested and implemented new architecture while managing requests for enhancements.
- Supported and managed Configuration and Monitoring products for my team while also assuming responsibilities for management of the relationship with the vendor.
- Led (several years in a row) the full Disaster Recovery Exercise for the entire middleware production environment.
Head Application Architect and Technical Lead
- Assumed technical lead for architecture design, development, integration and management responsibilities for a fault-tolerant and non-stop Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) application to secure the systemic risks of the financial place of Paris, France prior to the adoption and deployment of the Euro currency.
- This critical system manages over 300 Trillion USD daily and safely for the Confidential Bank.
- Negotiated future release technical solution options with IBM middleware Confidential U.K..
- Led and provided technical support to the whole application development and middleware team along with code reviews.
- Conducted performance and tuning tests before deployment onto production sites.