Strong, driven sales and business development leader with extensive experience building and leading teams to create shareholder value. Successful at directing and empowering creative, cross functional teams to achieve objectives and drive profitable top line growth.
CORE LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Sales Team Leadership (World Class Mentoring Techniques)
- Sales Operations (Metrics, Forecasting, Pipeline Management)
- Negotiation (Customer Value Management)
- Market Development and Planning
- Business Development (New Markets)
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Sales Strategy (Growing Faster than Market)
- P&L Management
Global Vice President of Sales
- Lead Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Business Development of a $1.2 billion dollar Tier 1 automotive business.
- Leader/Coach for a 50 person commercial team and 5 manufacturing locations.
- Responsible for sales team management, market planning, business development, P&L performance and negotiation of large global contracts.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
- Led Sales, Marketing, and Logistics Operations of a $100 million dollar Confidential business.
- Leader/Coach of a 7 person sales and marketing team and a 3 person logistics team.
- Accountable for sales team management, market planning, business development, P&L performance, and negotiation of large national contracts.
Confidential, Jackson, MI
- Transitioned the sales team from 3rd party representatives to company sales people.
- Accountable for P&L performance, hiring and training reps, large national contract negotiation, and private label business development.
Dow Global Sales Manager
- Led a global team of 6 full sales personnel and a leveraged team of 106 sales people.
- Ranked in the top 10% of all Dow employees worldwide
Business Development Manager
- Profit and loss responsibility for a $15 million dollar global automotive performance foams business
- Led the launch of two new product lines to penetrate a $500MM automotive safety market
- Six - sigma black belt certified - Led teams that generated $3.6 million in savings
- Led strategic planning process and developed business and marketing plans and led their implementation
- Developed sales and financial forecasts and led sales teams to reach goals
- Implemented an innovative manufacturing facility to support business growth - saving $1.7M annually
- Led capital purchasing teams - Managed a $5 million dollar capital budget
- Implemented a $1 million process improvement project that increased plant output by 15%
- Led a project team that reduced plant freshwater consumption by 50% - saving $180,000
Submarine Operations Officer
- Led 168 people in a technically challenging environment while conducting at sea operations of a $1.5 billion naval nuclear ballistic missile submarine.
- Engineering Officer in charge of the first ever Trident Submarine extended overhaul. Project completed with 67% less downtime and $10MM under budget