- Over 20 years of Information Technology experience with emphasis on client/server, real time transaction processing and large data warehousing projects covering all the major roles from determining business & software requirements to developing and testing them. This also includes hands on experience on data migration and conversion of large enterprise scale projects.
- Strong background in database design and development, database administration and software engineering in full life cycle development which includes quality assurance.
- Over 10 years of Oracle experience (Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/7.34). Oracle experience includes PL/SQL, SQL, SQL Loader, ProC, Forms development, database management, installation and troubleshooting. This also includes designing, developing, debugging, and tuning Oracle database applications. Also hands on experience on several other Relational Databases (Sybase, Informix, Confidential DB2, etc) and database Performance Tuning.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, perform multiple roles to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Wide ranging experience in data analysis and identifying data anomalies.
- Extensive experience in extracting underlying core business rules and data dependencies through reverse engineering.
- Experience in performance testing and locating bottlenecks.
- Experience in developing customized billing systems for telecom and cable industry
- Over 15 years of software engineering experience, programming in C/C++ and shell scripts in the UNIX environment.
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Development.
- Wide business experience includes ecommerce retailer, utilities industry, aerospace, telecommunications, airlines, healthcare, mortgage and investment banking, manufacturing, criminal justice information network, oil exploration, food processing, packaging and distribution.
- Hands on experience on several large data migration/conversion projects.
- Effective working independently as well as in team environments.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical solutions
- Self - serving DBA
- Outstanding listener and creative in finding ways to get things done despite obstacles.
- Excellent work ethics and practice proactive as oppose to reactive.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/7.34, MySQL, Sybase, Confidential DB2/2, Informix 9.X, Tandem Non-Stop SQL, SQL Server 2000, SQL Proprietary Database, Oracle Advanced Replication & TAFOracle 11g RAC, Teradata 14, SQL Server 2012
Languages: C++,C, SQL, Oracle OCI, SQL Loader, Oracle Developer 2000 (Pro C, PL/SQLForms 4.5), Sybase DBLib, SQR, Shell Script, COBOL, Intel 8086 Assembly, PascalMACRO-II Assembler, RPGII, SNAPlus, FORTE Tool (Transactional Object Oriented Language), Java, UML, HTML, PERL, Visual Basic, Python, Transact SQL
Operating System: Linux, HP-UX, Sun Solaris, UNIX, Dynix, MS-Windows, DOS, MVS, OS/2Guardian-90, Windows NT, Windows 2000 Server, AIX
Case Tools: Rational Rose utilizing UML, Erwin, IE Stratis Development, MS Project, TOAD
Version Control Tools: Clearcase, PVCS, SCCS, CVS, Subversion
Other Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Bugzilla
Sr. Consultant/Data Migration Specialist
- Managed data migration project and successfully met Confidential aggressive deadlines
- Migrated large proprietary databases running in Oracle environment to Vendor specific database running on SQL Server
- Wrote complex SQL scripts for data transformation and data loading
- Determined vendor’s data mapping and application rules thru analyzing vendor’s SSIS Control Flow tasks and stored procedures
- Identified data anomalies and wrote scripts for data cleanup
- Wrote scripts to verify that complex business rules were adhered to
Sr. Consultant/Database Engineer
- Identified data sources gaps for Sales and Inventory Reporting due to major upgrades in the Merchandising Analytics Data Management System.
- Also performed mapping between the various systems due to major schema changes.
- Made changes to the stored procedures and shell scripts for feature enhancements.
- Performance tuning and benchmarking to the SQL code.
Sr. Consultant/Database Engineer
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing current operations, applications and programming, reviewing objectives with manager; evaluating current systems.
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system, defining database physical structure and functional capabilities.
- Creates database tables, indexes, constraints and triggers for data integrity
- Provides database support by coding stored procedures for data access and loading
- Research new technologies and standards for database implementation and digital learning services
- Create complex stored procedures for Compound Learning Object Projects which involve pedagogy association and complex business rules inheritance
- Develop advanced search to surface the Compound Learning Objects or its components based on associations and inheritance rules
- Develop complex stored procedures to capture and publish metadata
- Self - serving DBA
Sr. Software Consultant
- The platform provides end to end carrier grade solution that includes content ingestion and management, catalog management, service management and orchestration, rating capabilities, DRM, OTA content delivery, campaign, recommendation and advertisement management, partner and workflow management, transaction control and integration capabilities with the carrier infrastructure.
- Responsibilities include data migration from Oracle 10g RAC to Oracle 11g RAC, configuring new smartphones to interface with MCM, write complex SQL queries, updates, develop PLSQL packages, scripts to support business needs.
- Automate reporting, working with partition tables which include partition split and exchange when reorganizing partition tables.
- Created logical and physical data models for ETL, and reports database.
- Additional work involves ETL, troubleshooting, performance tuning, applying patches and application software upgrades.
- Additional operational support includes supporting JAVA and J2EE applications, monitoring systems health, root cause analysis on data and systems issues.
Sr. Consultant (Technical Analyst)
- Had completed successfully and rolled out a New Distribution Ecommerce Project in an agile/scrum environment.
- This project entailed integrating the existing internal system to a 3rd Party Distribution System.
- Responsibilities included determining the data transformation rules to meet the 3rd Party System requirements and mapping back 3rd Party response files as inputs to the existing Drugstore internal system.
- This also involved analyzing the current data, reading the existing PL/SQL and C# code as well as interviewing developers, QA and product manager to ensure that the necessary code modifications to be made to the existing interfaces did not break any of the downstream and upstream processes.
- Identified gaps and work with IT personnel to mitigate risks.
Sr. Consultant (Data Architect/Team Lead and Conversion Lead)
- Had completed and successfully rolled out the PSE Isolated Gas Facility Compliance Project.
- It was a client/server application interfacing with Oracle 10g running on AIX.
- This included coding complex SQL queries, creating PL/SQL packages, writing shell scripts and performing database design, performance tuning and installation.
- The application had a complex permutation of business rules and it also interfaced with the external systems.
- Some of the processes involved data mapping and loading data from flat files. Created both logical and physical data models.
- Worked in the Meter Data Warehousing Project which included data migration, performance tuning, identified and resolved data integrity issues as well as addressed business process improvements and system enhancements.
- The Meter Data Warehousing Project upgrades also entailed terabytes of data conversion, significant architectural and system changes.
- Coded data conversion scripts, identified and modified interfaces to other external systems that were impacted by the data warehouse upgrades.
- Coded data validation scripts to verify accuracy of the converted data.
- Addressed historical data access and recommended database design modifications.
- Worked on a data warehouse project interfacing with Informix 9.X database running on Sun Solaris and Oracle 10g in the HP-UX environment.
- Wrote complex SQL queries and stored procedures for the ETL process, reporting services and data validation.
- Identified database bottlenecks and performed tuning on database access layer and recommended server tuning required at the database configuration layer to the DBA.
- Converting stored procedures, DDLs and DMLs from Informix 9.X to Oracle 10g .
- Coded SQL validation scripts to ensure data conversion accuracy performed between the Informix and Oracle database.
- Identified data anomalies root cause.
- Wrote test plans and conversion strategy plans.
- Designed and implemented the Accounting Database System on SQL Server.
- Created complex SQL statements for data extraction and computation of Revenue,, Adjustments as well as Check and Balances validation.
- The computation was driven by Rate Table and Royalties.
- Additionally analyzed the existing Data Warehouse Billing System and identified flaws as well as made recommendation for enhancements.
IT SOX Consultant
- Evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of IT control
- Work within an IT organization to write document control narratives
- Test design effectiveness and write procedures to test operational effectiveness.
- Verify test findings
- Identify and evaluate risks for critical IT processes
- Write Corrective Action Requests
- Work with IT staff in implementing controls designed to mitigate risks and monitor them for continued effectiveness.
Sr. Database Developer/Development DBA
- Technical resource for all database related issues for a convergence gateway between cellular and VoIP telecom related industry supporting IS41 and GSM.
- This includes logical and physical database design and implementation.
- Additional database role includes database management, writing stored procedures and triggers in PL/SQL for data accessibility and data integrity as well as created logical and physical data models.
- Enhanced and maintained call logger and extraction program written in C++ with SQL API in a LINUX environment accessing Oracle10g/9i. Developed software installation scripts, data loading scripts, database creation scripts, database documentation and providing tier 2 technical support for database.
- Additionally developed scripts to implement Oracle 10g Advanced Replication between the blades running Red Hat Enterprise 3 in an Confidential Blade Center and incorporating TAF (Transparent Application Failover) for database connections.
- Performed logical and physical data modeling supporting a complex Tooling Shop Order Execution System. Reviewed over 1000 code modules and identified components of the code that could cause the system to crash in the Y2K. Planned and developed software remediation efforts. These entailed fixing, stabilizing, upgrading, testing and rollout of the Y2K compliance system in a timely manner. The system was a 3-tier client/server application. Main components of the code were written in C/C++, ProC utilizing XWindows and Motif running in a Unix environment with Oracle Database. The system also communicated with the mainframe through transaction processing and SNAplus. Made the necessary code changes for the application to run on newer versions of HP-UX and Oracle.
- Supported web applications through CGI programming utilizing HTML, PL/SQL, ‘C’ programs, Perl, and UNIX scripting languages. Also developed batch programs for cronjobs and custom reports for management.
- Responsible for architectural changes to the system for performance and reliability as well as designing and developing new components of the system to support increasing business needs. Additional responsibility includes unit and integration testing, creation of a test database suite. Involved in user and technical documentation utilizing SEI/CMM Standards.
- Performed database performance tuning.
Senior Software Consultant (Infrastructure Team Lead)
- Designed and developed infrastructure code components for a large multi-tier architecture project utilizing Visual Age C++ compiler for OS/2 and Windows NT interfacing with a DB2/2 database.
- Wrote complex SQL statements and stored procedures for database accessibility and data integrity.
- Designed and created database for development. Responsible for unit and integration testing.
- Team Lead for the infrastructure group, including interface with other development groups.