- Over 8 years of IT experience which includes analysis, design, development, implementation, deployment and maintenance of Business Intelligence, Data Warehouses and Data Mining applications in Financial, Healthcare, Utility, and Manufacturing industries.
- Proficient in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 8.2 8.1, 8.0, Tableau 7 and Tableau 6.
- A highly motivated and excellent team player with technical expertise in software engineering processes and outstanding knowledge on life cycle of the software design process (SDLC).
- Extensive knowledge of all phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC), Agile, Scrum and the iterative Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Experience in gathering and writing detailed business requirement and translating them into technical specifications/ System Requirement Specifications (SRS) and design identifying interface and business process specifications. Extensive Experience working with business users/SMEs as well as senior management.
- Outstanding knowledge in relational Data modeling, Dimensional data modeling, logical/Physical Design, ER Diagrams, forward and reverse engineering, Publishing ERWIN diagram, documents etc.
- Strong understanding of the principles of Data warehousing using Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, StarSchema and Snowflake Schema modeling.
- Expertise in Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica, SSIS, SSRS, UNIX, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Outstanding knowledge in writing complex SQL queries, Stored Procedures, database tuning, query optimization and resolving key performance issues.
- Extensive experience in using Tableau functionalities for creating different Reports, Interactive Dashboards with page and dashboard Prompts.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie - charts, geographic visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Expertise in designing and creating various analytical reports and Dashboards to help users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Expert in Unit System and User Acceptance Testing and Performed Data Validation for all the reports and dashboards generated from various database sources.
- Outstanding Data analysis skills including Data mapping from source to target database schemas, Data Cleansing and processing, writing data extract scripts/programming of data conversion and researching complex data problems.
- Good working knowledge of Meta-data management in consolidating metadata from disparate tools and sources including Data warehouse, ETL, Relational Databases and third-party metadata into a single repository to get information on data usage and end-to-end change impact analysis.
- Experience in writing complex SQL scripts/ queries to perform End-to-End ETL validations and support Ad-hoc business requests.
- Strong influence management skills, reporting and analytical/problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
Reporting Tools: Tableau8.2 8.1 8.0, Business Objects 5.x/4.1, Crystal Reports, Cognos
ETL Tools: IBM Info sphere DataStage, Informatica, Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services
Databases: Teradata, Oracle 118i/9i, DB2 UDB, MS-SQL Server, Sybase
Requirements Management: Requisite Pro, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint Excel)
Front End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visible Analyst, Lotus Notes
Document Management: Documentum,Visual Source Safe 6.0, Share point, Ultra Edit
Defect Management tool: HP Quality Center
Methodologies: Data Modeling - Logical/Physical/Dimensional, Star/Snow flake Schema, ETL, OLAP, Complete Software Development Lifecycle, CMMI Compliance, Waterfall, Agile, Iterative
Data Modeling Tools: Power Designer, ERwin, ER Studio, MS Visio
Languages: C, C++, C#,.NET, SQL, PL/SQL and Java
Operating System: Windows NT/2000, UNIX (HP UX, Solaris 2.7/8, AIX), AS/400, OS/390.
Scheduling Tools: Control M, Autosys, ESP Scheduler
Confidential, Edison, NJ
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Gathered requirements from end users, involved in modifying various technical & functional specifications
- Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Involved in new KPI generation for Scorecards.
- Installed and upgraded of Tableau server and server performance tuning for optimization.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Data collection and leveraging on data manipulation teams for required data.
- Developed complex SQL scripts for Teradata database for creating BI layer on DW for tableau reporting.
- Identify new metrics and enhance the existing KPI's.
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and LOB.
- Working on generating various dashboards in Tableau server using various sources such as Teradata.
- Found ways to make graphs and tables visually exciting, and aesthetically pleasing, while at the same time maintaining the accuracy of the core information content that is being communicated
- Involved in license management SLA’s with Tableau support.
- Defined and created procedures to install Tableau desktop in silent mode.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Published developed dashboard, reports on the Tableau Server so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are publishes or extracted to server.
- Proof-read all documents and maintain accuracy of information and preparing SOP.
- Responsible for Developing a Dashboard and preparing ad-Hock Reporting.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.1-8.2, Tableau server / Administrator, SQL developer, SQL 2008, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, T-SQL Microsoft Excel 2007,MS Access, Windows 2007 server, java 1.5 platform, Teradata, Microsoft office 2007, Business objects 4.0.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Tableau Developer/ Data Analyst
- Interacted with business user group for domain requirements gathering.
- Extensively used Visio to create Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams.
- Involved in defining the whole project life cycle, following agile methodology. Analyse business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level
- Develop, Organize, manage and maintain graphs, tables, slides and document templates for the efficient creation of reports.
- Interact professionally with diverse group of professionals in the organization including managers and executives.
- Developed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Monitoring.
- Extensively used data blending, embed functionalities in Tableau.
- Deployed Tableau Server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server. Creating New Schedule's and checking the task's daily on the server.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's.
- Gathered user requirements, analysed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Data Modelers and defined Mapping documents and Design process for various Sources and Targets.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development and effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Create, customize & share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop method and access dashboards from any browser or tablet.
- Connect to Oracle directly, created the dimensions, hierarchies, and levels on Tableau desktop.
- Creating users, groups, projects, Data connections, settings as a tableau administrator.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau and Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Good SQL reporting skills with the ability to create SQL views and write SQL queries highly recommended.
Environment: Tableau Desktop/Server 6.x-7.x, SQL Server 2008, HPQC, Oracle 11g, Business objects, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Microsoft office 2007.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Business Systems Analyst/ Data Analyst
- Requirement gathering for various users, interviewing them, and satisfying their exact needs.
- Involved in the complete Life cycle of the Project and in the data analysis process
- Gather the various requirement matrices from the business analysts.
- Worked with Master Data Management.
- Assisted the DBA in converting the logical models to physical.
- Conduct Design discussions and meetings to come out with the appropriate Data Mart using Kimball Methodology.
- Designs for the various reporting requirements.
- Conduct Design reviews with the business analysts, content developers and DBAs to ensure the feasibility of the designs.
- Used Erwin for developing data model and forward engineer the data model.
- Reverse engineer the data base in to physical data model by using Erwin.
- Developed entities and relationships using Sybase Power Designer.
- Developed Data Migration and cleansing rules for the integration architecture.
- Developed data mapping documents between legacy, production and user interface systems.
- Designed different type of STAR schemas like detailed data marts, Plan data marts,
- Used Erwin for monthly summary data marts and inventory data marts.
- Designed ER Diagrams, star schema and snow flake schema.
- Importing source definitions. Creating and importing target definitions. Creating the table targets.
- Created and modified of Attributes, Facts, Metrics, Filters and other report objects.
- Conducted data validation testing to ensure data quality.
- Active Participation in checking the data at database level and at SSRS level in case of displaying wrong data.
- Tested all the business application rules with test & live data and automated.
- Involved in testing and fixing bugs on test and On-line data.
- Worked with the Implementation team to ensure a smooth transition from the design to the implementation phase.
Environment: Informatica, Cognos, Power Designer, PL/SQL, Oracle9i, TOAD, UML, Microsoft Office Suite ( Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
Confidential, Irvine, California
ETL - Data Warehouse Developer/ Data Analyst
- Worked on the project that involved development and implementation of a data warehouse.
- Interacted with business users and performed Gap Analysis of Client requirements
- Elicit business solutions to develop SOX compliance into the existing procurement workflow executed through IT channels.
- Performed Analysis of Reference Data, Data sets and Asset classes in order to bring data into the central repository.
- Worked extensively with MS Visio and Rational tools to document requirements.
- Created the AS-IS and TO-BE process flow diagrams.
- Defined the scope of the project based on the gathered business requirements including documentation of constraints, assumptions, business impacts, project risks and scope exclusions
- Defined functional business requirements, analyzed client requirements, and generated workflow processes
- Prepared Business Requirement Document and then converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification.
- Assisted in project management activities like planning, development, task allocation, project execution
- Provided full project life cycle flowcharting, analysis and documentation.
- Responsible for extracting, transforming, and loading data from oracle, flat files and placing it into data warehouse.
- Designed, developed, and tested the Jobs, Job Sequences using DataStage 8.1
- Involved in the some part of performance tuning.
- Developed simple and complex mappings using Informatica to load dimensions and fact tables as per STAR schema techniques.
- Defined project milestones, schedules, monitoring progress and updating plans using MS Project
- Prepared monthly status reports for Enhancement Requests to the project team that was used in efficient tracking and monitoring of open issues of the project.
Environment: Oracle, Teradata, Toad, DataStage 8.1, Cognos, Autosys, UNIX, Microsoft (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook), RUP Methodology, MS VISIO, MS Project.
ETL/Data Warehouse Tester
- Worked on the project that involved testing and implementation of a data warehouse.
- Responsible for testing process of extracting, transforming, and loading data from oracle, flat files and placing it into data warehouse.
- Analysed and tested the mappings, using Informatica 7.1
- Interacted with management to gather sources and their requirements
- Involved in the some part of performance tuning.
- Tested simple and complex mappings using Informatica to load dimensions and fact tables as per STAR schema techniques.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 6.x/7.1, BO 6.5,Microsoft Visio, Oracle 9i.