- A team leader with excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent project management experience in all phases of project management from initiation to closing
- Extensive experience working with Application Systems, ERP Systems and Business Intelligence Systems in insurance/healthcare, financial, digital marketing and automotive industries
- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies using Agile and Waterfall
- Excellent skills in creating statement of work (SOW) and developing business cases
- Experienced in Data Warehousing (Dimensional Modeling, Database design and ETL)
- Created Conceptual, Logical and Physical models
- Created and developed reports, KPI, Scorecards and dashboards using IBM COGNOS, Tableau, Movation and other business intelligence tools
- Worked on all phases of data integration development lifecycle, from gathering requirements, data profiling, data mapping, designing and building jobs
- Knowledgeable on Six Sigma methodology
- Exceptional background in analysis, design, development, customization, and implementation and testing of software, applications and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of PL/SQL and T/SQL to create Packages, Stored Procedures and Functions
- Demonstrated expertise utilizing ETL tools, including DataStage, SSIS and Data Transformation Services (DTS)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems such as DB2, Oracle, MS Access and SQL Server.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP dimensional and multidimensional modeling for OLAP.
- Focus on big picture, while developing strategic business solutions.
- Developed strategies to ensure compliance with both local and national business market standards.
- Demonstrated exceptional abilities with a record of accomplishment of performance, excellence in staffing and scheduling management and business planning analysis.
- Provided training for resources within the organization.
- Excellent computing, analytical and administrative skills.
- Proven management skills in developing tools and processes for business analysis and management.
Project Management Tools: Team Foundation Server (TFS), JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Projects
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows
OLAP/Reporting: SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services
ETL tools: SQL Server Integration Services, DataStage, COGNOS Decision Stream, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Alteryx
Business Intelligence tools: IBM Cognos 10, Movation, Tableau, QSlice, Qlikview, Lumira
Software: Microsoft office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio.
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, T/ SQL, SQL, C++, Java, HTML, XML
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, DB2/UDB, Teradata
Confidential - Troy, Michigan
BI CoE Programs and Portfolio Manager
- Manage various client requirements pertaining to Data Analytics, BI Services and Data Warehousing
- Manage multiple complex projects to achieve strategic and organizational results
- Manage the onsite and offshore teams
- Manage the Sales and Pre-sales activities which comes under Analytics as a Service group
- Coordinate with the different business partners (e.g. IBM, Informatica, Microsoft, SAP, Teradata etc.)
- Requirement gathering including review of CAD (Conceptual Architecture Design), SAD (Solution Architecture Design) and Functional Specification Requirements
- Manage a team of developers to develop, train and enhance their skills in BI practice
- Helping organizations in the field of Big Data, Analytics, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse as part of center of excellence - data services
- Creating the assets for various ETL and analytics tools
- Design, development and maintenance of software applications in Information Technology, Data warehouse and RDBMS concepts
- Create and manage Informatica Mappings, Mapplets, Sessions, Workflows and Worklets for data loads
- Working and Managing projects under different streams of Data & Analytics, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Senior Business Analyst/PM
- Manage a portfolio of Business Intelligence Applications and Software systems, ensuring data accuracy and application updates by understanding current business processes, identifying challenges, recommending and providing solutions
- Led Applications and Data Integration projects in USA, Canada, Europe and China sites. Focused on managing Migration and Data Integration projects. from Baan IV to Info LN ERP systems in connection with BI Applications
- Created Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Specifications (FRD) for functional and non-functional requirements
- Expertly used JIRA to write and analyze project vision, goal, specifications and requirements
- Identified and documented current and proposed business processes, systems and technology platforms with stakeholders
- Led Successful Analytics projects that streamlined business process and improved financial performance by initiating and creating iDash2 (analytics layer of the business intelligence platform)
- Extensively used SQL for the validation of positions and data feeds using oracle SQL developer and Toad
- Created test data using SQL queries and executed test cases
- Managed and worked with third parties and vendors - reviewed their projects and performed UAT tests
- Expertly evaluate each business process against framework to determine appropriate solutions
- Responsible for data mapping from the source systems (ERP) to the target systems (Data Warehouse)
- Expertly manage complex and time sensitive financial data strategic projects and technology initiatives by balancing sound business judgment, a strong sense of urgency and quality driven approach
- Subject Matter Expert in multiple BI applications including Finance, Sales, Purchasing, Supply Chain and People Productivity
- Resolved business process and data issues by utilizing systems and resources in the most effective and productive manner
- Provided trainings on new and enhanced application solutions to Site/Regional/Divisional and PLC management
- Managed, trained and mentored onshore and offshore analysts and developers
- Led and created user interface to business functions by: Performing complex analysis of business goals, objectives and needs; Identifying and clarifying business requirements; Managing and coordinating applications development globally; Managing and coordinating applications developing globally; Working closely with Functional Experts and Stakeholders; Applying Program Management methodology and structure; Designing, creating and maintaining Data/IS Architecture
IT Solution Architect
- Identified, managed and resolved project issues, acting as the single point of contact between development team, customers and management
- Facilitated meetings including design, requirements gathering and resourcing
- Defined system and solution requirements, data flows and interfaces based on customer needs
- Analyzed business requirements and design enterprise integration solutions
- Defined resource and type required for projects
- Analyzed documentation and specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality
- Identified, managed, and mitigated project risk, by anticipating development/deployment issues and provided immediate resolution or escalation where required and ensure that the resolution is of acceptable quality
- Proactively managed scope of projects to ensure that only what was agreed to is delivered, unless changes are approved through scope management
- Defined and analyzed metrics to give a sense for how the project is progressing and whether the deliverables produced are acceptable
- Reviewed vendor proposals to identify which promises the most value and the best return on investment.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
Senior Business Systems Consultant Analyst
- Focus on administering and supporting the Business Intelligence system by gathering requirements, creating and developing reports and dashboards using COGNOS 10 and Movation
- Examines and evaluates purpose and content of business metrics to develop new, or improve existing format, use, and control: Reviews metrics to determine basic characteristics, such as origin and flow, format, frequency, distribution and purpose or function of metrics
- Communicates with internal departments, and vendors to aid in problem resolutions, application enhancements and manipulation of customer data to provide day-to-day support, including setup for proprietary and 3rd party applications
- Identify issues in daily processing/workflow, including isolating errors, determining root cause, and coordinating corrective actions in a timely manner
- Develop, implement and maintain written policies and procedures for proprietary and 3rd party applications that are specific to the Company
- Develop, implement, produce material, conduct training sessions for internal users related to proprietary and 3rd party applications
- Develop many reports and dashboards, including the Help System solution dashboard, which gives visibility into all the help systems activities and other solutions for various business units.
- Acts as a liaison between the Information Technology Department and Business Units by researching, analyzing, and designing business systems solutions to support business processes
- Performs analyses of system design changes to determine current and future needs including coordination of testing, documentation, presentation, training, and implementation
- Assists in installation of new releases of proprietary and 3rd party applications
- Acts as a recognized subject matter expert within the Company and partners with management and the Information Technology Department on IT-related issues by providing analytical support, counseling, and advice for their functional areas
- Acts as a mentor to other Business Systems Analysts within the department
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Business Intelligence Business Analyst
- Work on all phases of Data Integration life cycle using RDBMS such as Oracle 11g and SQL Server 2008 and 2012
- Led and managed multiple large and small scale projects from end to end - Projects led included a new in house- built business intelligence tool (QSlice), a complex and comprehensive company health report with multiple metrics and many other small to medium size solutions
- Gathered requirements and analyzed requirements for data warehouse and data mart entities using tools such as Team Foundation Server(TFS), SharePoint and Microsoft Project
- Performed extraction of data from external data source to the interface tables, created synchronizations to import data from interface tables into the applications using Oracle EBS
- Created interface areas and synchronization in Data Synchronization module
- Created packages using SSIS to move data from the MS SQL Server OLTP to the Data Warehouse
- Implemented Agile Development Methodology with the team
- Implemented a standard reporting process
- Trained senior leaders and team members on available reporting tools and solutions
- Identified the appropriate data uses and data structures required for business data analysis
- Ensured right information is identified at the appropriate level of detail
- Analyzed functionality of existing BI solutions and recommend new solutions where appropriate
- Acted as the subject matter expert for BI solutions
- Validated that BI meets requirements and service level agreements
- Coordinated with program managers to ensure standards are met
- Evaluated potential new hires as part of the hiring process
- Managed the team and ensured appropriate solutions are built
Confidential, East Lansing, MI
Business Analyst/ETL developer
- Used IBM Cognos 8 to create reports and dashboards. Created different data models in the Framework manager, built reports in Reporting Studio, published reports and scheduled for delivery.
- Gathered requirements and analyzed requirements for the development of a new strategic data warehouse using tools such as SharePoint and Microsoft Project
- Performed in a complete Data Integration Life Cycle, from profiling of existing data sources, to developing and designing of ETL job using IBM InfoSphere
- Supported ETL processes for large scale data warehousing
- Performed data modeling to create entities, elements, fields and attributes for a newly implemented strategic data warehouse.
- Designed and developed stored procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions; implemented best practices to maintain optimal performance
- Designed and developed ETL jobs for implementation of a new data warehouse using datastage 7.5.
- Performed system integration, regression, performance and user acceptance testing for a new data warehouse.
- Implemented complex transformations by creating custom transformation logics in addition to using built-in ones.
- Designed scalable, reusable, and low maintenance ETL templates
Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered and analyzed requirement for new system and applications using an Agile methodology
- Created and interpreted user stories for development of new system and modification of existing systems
- Responsible for project management and participated in daily stand-up status meeting
- Created test data using SQL queries and executed test cases
Confidential, Novi, MI
- Acted as the liaison between project managers, system analysts and staffing /Scheduling planners to define business functional requirements for new features and functionality of the scheduling system
- Conducted requirement analysis, design and development of a dimensional data model (star schema)
- Analyzed requirements, data mapping documents and executed test for the scheduling system and for ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) data into the PEOPLESOFT database
- Created a custom analytical application using MS SQL Server 2000 Analysis services in order to track primary and secondary commission by region and salesperson
- Responsible for translating business needs and requirements into user interaction designs that are user friendly and meet the defined business objectives
- Implemented new procedures and techniques, on an ad hoc basis, to improve overall communication efficiency between merchandizing, production/inventory control management to maintain the appropriate balance between staffing, inventory control and sales margin
- Created daily summary reports by joining data from different data sources
- Responsible for managing master schedule planning, risk management, including designing forward looking schedules for business recovery
- Responsible for testing and updating production schedules to meet daily, weekly and monthly staffing needs in order to meet budget and profit goals