- Program management - Headed project team, organized meetings, partnered with mixed functional teams, collaborated & aligned recourses, supervised and oversaw development progression, directed & executed projects/tasks according to documented schedules and implements effective project controls by monitoring the progress and reporting the status
- Communication - Comfortable communicating with senior leadership, stakeholders, external customers and cross function partners on a regular basis, reported project status and their performance.
- Documentation - Developed business requirements and functional specifications for software development projects including process mapping, and product specifications. Publish ed many user operation documentations on complex BI reports/models and BI database warehouses ETL operation procedures
- Leadership - Supervised teams of more than 10 analysts/developers, tasked with providing “rapid response” for development and delivery in SDLC or Agile approaches at Deutsche Bank and at Confidential .
- Business Intelligence - Expertise in financial analysis, planning, management reporting and evaluating business information; defined KPIs, metrics, scorecards, dashboards and other advanced BI analytics to identify actionable business insights with positive measurable financial or operational impact.
- Report Development - Redesigned and rebuilt many Month end, Quarter end & Year end reports, performed annual budget & forecasts, and developed ad hoc management reports in compliance with GAAP and IFRS using advanced Excel functions, Power Pivot, Power View, Power BI desktop, Tableau Visualization Tool to seek out meaningful ‘business stories’ to provide meaningful business insights to management business operations and their predictions.
- Data Analysis - Performed data modeling and data analysis for data from multiple sources, designed BI database structures, streamlined process-flows, performed any necessary data Investigation and reconciliation to ensure data integrity, consistency & accuracy.
- Data Warehousing - Designed & developed Statistical BI databases in SQL Database 2008, 2012 & 2014 with automated ETL SSIS (dtsx Packages) processes from multiple data sources; implemented new SSRS reporting systems, building SSAS Tabular Cubes, DAX, MDX and OLAP cubes at Microsoft & Confidential .
ERP: Expertise in advanced Excel complex functions & Macro, Access, Power Pivot, Power View, Power BI Desktop, Tableau, PeopleSoft nVision, Hyperion reports, MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, MSRA, T-SQL, SQL Server 2012 & 2014 SSIS, SSRS SSAS, Tabular Cube & OLAP Cube, DAX, MDX, Tableau, Oracle PL-SQL, Statistical Analysis Tools - Mini-Tab, SAS.
Senior BI Analyst - Netspend
- Provided consultation and advised the management the potential available options and the possible optimal approach to achieve their process automation and optimization objective.
- Developed new data connection from the ORACLE server Automated data connection between large complex Monthly Excel Financial reports in compliance with GAAP and IFRS, for their Debit Card Operations.
- Developed and optimized complex ORACLE SQL procedures by performing data cleansing, de-duplication and re-structured the query which significantly reduced the processing time from 5+ hours down to a little over 90 minutes and promoted them to stored procedures.
Senior BI Analyst/PM
- Gathered, documented & reviewed business requirements from managers prior to the technical development of BI solutions to improve business operations and process controls.
- Coordinated & aligned recourses with upstream and downstream support groups, directed and prioritized the work load for development and maintenance to ensure timely implementation of technical solutions using agile (scrum) approach for rapid response and delivery.
- Organized meetings and technical workshops with multiple cross-functional teams to trouble shoot major system failure, its chief object was to investigate and to develop solutions for rapid system recovery.
- Administered SQL Server systems which housed our BI databases in the Windows server 2012 & 2014 and SQL server 2014 environment and user access permissions.
- Performed data analysis, data modelling and developed BI databases in SQL server 2014 with automated overnight SSIS (dtsx) processes; SSRS reports; maintained & enhanced Tabular Cubes & OLAP cube.
- Developed metric & KPIs and complex Excel model with advanced Excel functions, Power Pivots, Power Charts to track End Customer adoption trends; partners and resellers performance; and built the dataset to enables project teams to do detailed planning and execution.
- Published and enhanced WWLP & WDG Month End & Quarter End Global Revenue Reporting decks in compliance with GAAP and IFRS; performed account reconciliations, analyzed and interpreted operation results and seek out meaningful ‘business story’ to provide insights at project management meetings.
Senior Portfolio Assets BI Analyst/PM
- Led project team, organized meetings with 7 industrial group managements to define KPIs, metrics, scorecards to ensure their consistency and to enforce standards unifying procedures.
- Took complete ownership of project initiative and responsibility; successfully developed & delivered the Portfolio Analysis BI SQL database system in SQL Server 2012, to provide key Indices, analytics, KPIs and to provide measurable intrinsic investment values of the Assets (Patents) which are critical to improving the Business process, financial and operational efficiency and to the new business development.
- Performed data analysis, data mining & data modelling both logical and physical, designed table schemas, created stored procedure, SSIS ETL process to build the Portfolio Analysis database in SQL Server 2012 with the ability of performing forecast on projected future revenue streams.
- Developed fully automated SSIS ETL processes, SSRS report suit, OLAP Cube and used advanced Excel Power Pivot, SAS, Tableau Visualization tool to deliver actionable KPIs, measurable metrics and indices in support their operations, sales development.
Senior BI Analyst/PM
- Advised managers & stakeholders to simplify & streamline various operation procedures; defined and applied business rules consistently to the automated processes to improve data integrity and report accuracy.
- Developed and oversaw the delivery of numerous complex BI reports, operational scorecards, KPIs with complex Excel Macro, power pivots, Power View, Power BI, Tableau, OLAP Cube, MDX to analyze efficiency & performance and to predict future level of operational activities.
- Support the month end & Quarter end closing process, published & distributed monthly & quarterly Corporate Revenue & operational reports in compliance with GAAP and IFRS, Scorecards and Dashboards; performed necessary analyses to provide business insight on operation performance, revenue growth trends, annual budgets & quarterly forecasts for EPG, Corporate Accounting & other Microsoft divisions.
- SQL Server systems administration for our BI Production & development data warehouses in SQL server 2008 and 20012 environments included user access security.
- Performed data modelling, developed the Statistical Analysis data warehouse in SQL Server Database 2008 & 2012, developed automated overnight SSIS (“dtsx” packages) processes.
- Developed an entirely new SSRS reporting system with visualization (Moving Range, Box Chart. Bar chart & more) utility SSAS and the use of Statistical Analysis Tools - Mini-Tab, SAS.
Senior Treasury Accounting Project Lead
- Interviewed Manager and analysts to collect business requirement (BRD), documented and reviewed the BRD with stakeholders before planning and development began.
- Presided weekly project progress meetings; managed & tracked development progress; communicated to senior leadership for project status, assessed project risk and oversaw project from start to completion.
- Designed & developed a new Treasury Exposure Risk Analysis data warehouse in SQL Server 2008 to identify the potential exposures risk for the fixed income investment in compliance with GAAP and IFRS.
- Trained a team of 8 Treasury Analyst to operation the new Treasury Exposure Risk Analysis data warehouse for the production of the monthly risk exposure assessment reports.
Senior Financial & Reporting Analyst
- Advised senior management potential tactical approach of significantly improving management report product and of eliminating reporting error & omitting to improve management report accuracy.
- Examined & rebuilt nVision Report-Tree-Rollup-Configuration to synchronize with the PeopleSoft GL chart of accounts hierarchy to eliminate error & omissions and to improve the report accuracy in compliant with GAAP reporting standard.
- Updated and automated the production of the entire suite of monthly Revenue Management reports in compliance with GAAP and IFRS, operated the month-end and quarter-end closing process, investigated & reconciled revenue key account error and supported the internal/external audit process.
- Performed data mining & data analysis, appraised Management Reports and conduct statistical analysis to forecast future potential revenue streams, seasonality trends and customer buying behavior.
BI reporting Project Lead
- Headed a team of 12 BI analysts In the PeopleSoft GL implementation project, Responsible for the redevelopment and automation of hundreds management reports from Hyperion to PeopleSoft system with PeopleSoft BI tool (nVision).
- Updated PeopleSoft GL Chart of Accounts (COA) and updated nVision reporting Tree-Rollup-Configuration to reflect the GL account structure changes in accordance with GAAP & IFRS accounting standard.
- Developed a database to track the progress of converting over 1000 Hyperion reports to the PeopleSoft financial reporting system (nVision) to meet very tight deadlines.