- 15 years of diverse experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) including flood control, land use, transportation, marketing, public safety, and national intelligence. Confidential - designated Subject Matter Expert in the field of GIS and in the use of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop.
- Adaptable skill sets in GIS data management, analysis, project management, group leadership, policy development, logistical support, and extensive experience in customer service. Extremely adept at technical writing, with excellent research, problem-solving, and digital communication skills.
- Known for responsible, strategic, and focused approaches, and for innovating and re-imagining simple requirements as new tools or processes that can be applied across an organization. Often asked by name to lead teams, and form creative strategies for optimizing operations and maximizing the impact of high-visibility efforts.
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop/Pro/Online
- Policy Development
- Geographic Information Systems GIS
- Policy Writing
- Data Management
- ArcSDE / Multiuser Geodatabase
- Data Driven Pages
- Public Speaking
- Geodatabase Design
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Technical Writing
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Model Builder / Modeling
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Excel
- Spatial Analysis
- Project Management
- Microsoft Outlook
- Strategy Development
- Remote Sensing
- Customer Service
- Hydro / Watershed / Flood Data
- Cartographic Design
- Cadastral / Tax Map / Parcel Data
- Political / Election Data
- Aerial Photo Imagery
- Transportation Networks
- Elevation / DTM / DEM / DTED Data
- Public Safety Data
Confidential, Springfield, VASubject Matter Expert
- Provided GIS data management, analysis, and software capability expertise to support the activities of Analysts across the agency according to national intelligence priorities.
- Managed, administered, and updated Confidential data holdings for the Southwest Asia area of responsibility (AOR), performed analysis, and distributed data to requesting internal and external customers.
- Led and managed GIS data projects of varying complexity in support of National System for Confidential -Intelligence ( Confidential ), and Allied System for Confidential -Intelligence ( Confidential ) requirements.
- Guided leadership on the improvement of Confidential data storage, delivery, and discoverability to better serve the needs of analysts across the agency.
Training & Education Specialist
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Advised Instructional Systems Designers on GIS as part of the creation/update of learning strategies and solutions for the workforce, as a designated GIS Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Formulated new written policies, processes, and tools to enable the systematic audit, maintenance, and improvement of the entire curriculum, resulting in standardization and transparency that was previously absent.
- Led collaborative projects, supervised performance, and delegated responsibilities of key personnel, thus ensuring resource optimization, and timeliness of project deliverables to the customer.
- Guided course management efforts, assuring the continued alignment of curriculum objectives to established competencies dictated by existing policy.
- Managed course logistics, development projects, and data content within the Blackboard learning environment; routinely provided technical writing, editing, guidance, and oversight on projects; and supported Instructional Systems Design and Development functions.
- Conducted meetings and informational sessions for all levels of personnel to ensure situational awareness, and regularly consulted with leadership to ensure project strategic objectives were met.
- Served as the division’s Information Officer for the agency’s Records Management Program to ensure compliance with Federal Law, and Confidential Directives.
- Evaluated compliance with Instructional Systems Design principles (adult learning theory, Bloom’s Taxonomy, learning domains, terminal/enabling learning objectives, criterion-referenced objectives, learning outcomes, distance learning/blended learning principles)
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Instructed agency analysts in the evaluation and analysis of GIS data, design and usage of geodatabases, and modeling of geoprocesses to produce Confidential data, investigate relationships and patterns, and to use GIS best practices in support of national security requirements, as a designated GIS Subject Matter Expert.
- Designed, evaluated, updated, and performed practical exercises for classroom use, demonstrated GIS analytic techniques in a classroom setting, and related outcomes to course designers in the development of new Confidential analysis courses to fulfill time-critical learning needs at a point of very high demand.
- Enabled, assessed, produced, and sustained learning solutions in classroom, laboratory, and distance learning contexts by facilitating discussions, evaluating learning, and providing feedback for hundreds of student analysts during a time of rapid workforce expansion.
- Oversaw the development and modification of course materials in collaboration with high-visibility stakeholders, validated appropriate learning objectives, managed course logistics, and researched pertinent aspects of the GIS discipline to ensure currency, relevancy, and alignment with the competencies required, thus consistently avoiding protracted delays and costly rewrites.
- Composed, reviewed, edited, and published classroom textbooks and associated supplemental technical materials in accordance with accepted Instructional Systems Design (ISD) principles, to guarantee students' continued ability to reference learning after classes completed.
- Maintained awareness of current and developing training requirements and updated assigned courses/projects on a quarterly basis to enable the program to provide relevant, accurate, and technically consistent courses to stakeholders, students, and internal/external customers.
Geographic Information Systems Analyst
Confidential, Woodbridge, Virginia
- Managed GIS projects involving analyses, querying, modeling, and simulation scenarios to update Confidential feature geometry and attribution within Prince William County’s enterprise geodatabase, reflecting changes made by deeds, plats, and other legal instruments recorded in County land records, allowing the county's permitting and public safety systems to continue functioning as intended.
- Prepared needs analysis of existing data and methods in order to develop database design documentation necessary for GIS application modifications and systemic improvements to better serve the county and its citizens.
- Represented Prince William County in multimillion dollar regional development project for new regional routable centerline system; protected county's jurisdictional interests; provided expert review of all contractor-produced deliverables; made recommendations to ensure a sound technical approach.
- Coordinated efforts between the GIS division and Police, Fire & Rescue, and other public safety personnel by refining centerline network data to make it suitable for the new countywide computer-aided dispatch system (CAD).
- Resolved conflicting geographic data through research and interpretation of land records, rectified digital imagery to existing features for extraction new feature data sets, and provided both output data and custom maps to requesting agencies and external customers, using ESRI's ArcGIS and large-format production plotters.
- Led staff in the completion of collaborative projects, provided support to the GIS Supervisor, and coordinated efforts with upper management to find innovative ways to improve policy and procedures within the division.
- Provided end-user GIS training including the development of technical instructional materials, documentation, and reports.
Geographic Information Systems Specialist
Confidential, Woodbridge, Virginia
- Performed geoprocessing, analysis, and conversion of GIS data for the production of special data and map products for distribution to customers and assisted customers with geographic information and land-related issues such as permitting, real estate assessments, and zoning information by responding to electronic and walk-in requests.
- Performed research and data collection of information such as land records and deeds, plans, maps, drawings, and survey data; prepared products for County staff, the general public, and the business community..
- Provided technical support and assistance to internal and external system users in the areas of GIS mapping, GIS software, and data usage.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Designed, implemented, and administered GIS data, created maps for current and future DSL deployment, geocoded customer locations, and developed written procedure for collection and geoprocessing of DSL data.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Researched data discrepancies from historical information to correct cadastral GIS data, digitized new coordinate geometry, performed Confidential analysis, and executed quality control of created features for topological and attribute accuracy.
- Implemented a GPS data collection system using Trimble GeoXM handhelds. Developed standard operating procedure for GPS data collection and post-processing by district personnel, and assisted contract programmers in the development of field data post-processing software applications.