More than 20 years of experience in System Integration, Data Analysis, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Data Warehouse Architecture and BI Analytics, with INFORMATICA PC, IDQ and Business Intelligence tools. Certified Project Management Professional and ITIL. Experience in Designing Data Warehouse Systems, Data Quality, Cygnet SCADA, Big Data Analytics, System Architecture Development and SDLC, Amazon Web Services (Cloud), Redshift, Aurora, EC2, S3.
Development Tools: MS Visual Studio, INFORMATICA ETL 6.x - 10.x w/IDQ. TOAD, SQL/Developer, OLE Automation (w/Excel), Citrix. SharePoint
DBMS/Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, TERADATA, AWS Redshift, Big Data.
Other Development Skills: Data Modeling, SQL (T-SQL, PL/SQL, ANSI-SQL), MDM, Web Services, Stored Procedures, Data Cubes, Triggers (w/ MS SQL Server), Materialized Views, SSIS Packages, Attunity, ORACLE RAC, SDLC, SLA, ITIL, Schedule Automated Jobs, Web Services, AWS Redshift, OS scripting.
Source Version Control Tools: Control-M, Source Safe, PVCS, Microsoft TFS, Automic UC4 web.
BI Tools: Tableau 8.x-10.x, Spotfire 6.x-7.x, Webfocus, Crystal Reports, SAP BO, MS SSRS.
Platforms/OS: Windows, MS Win Server, Mac OS, UNIX (HP/UX) K-Shell, LINUX, AWS.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr BI EngineerResponsibilities:
- Confidential has over 3600+ stores, and is growing soon internationally. My tasks include Data Warehouse Integration with Cloud technologies; with Informatica Cloud, Attunity CDC, Microsoft AX, AWS Redshift , EC2, S3 and Tableau BI dashboards.
- Using INFORMATICA cloud and SSIS Jobs to populate target BI Tables, and create complex SQL queries for SSRS Reports. We also use SSAS for creating cubes for final users.
- Support Data Analytics team preparing SSAS data cubes, aggregation tables and views to provide source for Visualizations with Tableau 10.x and MS BI.
- I also write AWS Redshift and SQL Server queries and stored procedures to calculate Budget and Commissions for Sales and Marketing department for each store, and help them visualize the data in dashboards. Monitor SQL ETL Jobs via Dashboard in Tableau. Optimize Tableau queries read from AWS Redshift. Building REST API interface with Salesforce Demandware.
Sr Manager BI AnalyticsResponsibilities:
- Provided hands-on consulting services to a variety of corporations in the Food, Construction and Industrial Services, including Data Warehouse, Data Architecture, and BI Analytics space.
- Prepared architecture designs for several customers. Areas: Data Warehousing, Informatica ETL SSIS and BI Analytics with Tableau.
- Optimize queries for use in SQL Server DataMart for Tableau dashboards.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Data Analytics ArchitectResponsibilities:
- Installed, configured SAP BO 4.1 and Tableau 10.x Desktop / Server for Predictive Analytics.
- Develop code to optimize Oracle and BO queries in order to speed up Tableau dashboards.
- Optimize dashboards in Tableau for clinical and pharmacy industry, review queries for loading data.
- Documented Functions for the Data Analytics Group, Defined Data Analytics Roles and Responsibilities, Best Practices and Road Map for the team to move forward in pursuit of their Data Analytics Business Goals.
- Document ways to obtain ROI on Healthcare Analytics, with case studies.
- Reviewed and Recommend System Architecture, optimization models for BI deliverables, Analyzed Operational and Prescriptive Insights and improve performance by providing faster and better patient care data for all MH Hospitals in Houston.
BI Analytics System ArchitectResponsibilities:
- Installed configured Informatica Cloud, Spotfire and Tableau 9.x Server/Desktops and created datamarts for OLSA Data Center on AWS Redshift and S3 in Rome, Italy to offer BI Dashboards
- Designed and optimized Operational Models for Analyzing Sales and improve productivity.
- Create and Optimize Views / Queries with SQL Server Customer data loaded into Spotfire 6.x and Tableau 9.x to perform Analytics and Visualizations and compare BI products for the clients.
- Installed, configured and upgraded Informatica PowerCenter ETL and IDQ Option.
- Used IDQ to profile and clean data at different stages of the process. Prepared Mapplets / Rules.
- Reviewed profiles for Business users and scorecards with Informatica Analyst.
- Upgraded Informatica 9.5.1 in ORACLE to 9.6.1 on SQL Server, moving on to Informatica 10.
- Loaded Unstructured Data and Flat Files from business to ORACLE, SQL Server, and SAP BW
- Develop new ETL queries to bring data from Data Warehouse into BW and SAP HANA Big Data. Loaded and displayed Financial System data into OBIEE, BO Reports debugging.
- Reworked over 3000 INFA Workflows to comply with IT Standards for reusability and IT Audit.
Confidential,Houston,TX iOF Application Support LeadResponsibilities:
- Created and maintained Data Extraction process for Semi-Real time Field Data with MS SSIS. Created Spotfire Reports overseeing daily operations of jobs.
- Spotfire BI Analytics and SSIS ETL jobs to capture Sensor Field Data in SQL Server and Teradata every 10 minutes. Used INFORMATICA PowerCenter Mappings developed to populate EDW.
- Created Queries and Views for SQL Server, ORACLE, CYGNET SCADA, and TERADATA IDW Data Warehouse.
- Overview ETL jobs with INFORMATICA PowerCenter, and scheduled with Control-M.
- Implemented first-in-class Integration of the Future (iOF) System as a pilot for EAGLE FORD $560 MM project for their Unconventional Well Automation System, (using lateral drilling - Fracking).
- Implementation Data Analysis with data from TERADATA (IDW) to solve Engineer’s problems,
- Full support for PETEX Oil Field Management Tools/Servers: IFM, IVM SCADA and IPM (PROSPER, GAP, PVTP, RESOLVE, MBAL, Open Server) and Model Catalog as well as Cygnet integration showing Wells, Separators, Compressors, Oil and Gas Pipeline routing, Dehydrators, Chokes, Flares.
- Created Visio Logical and Physical Diagrams for presenting the new System Architecture to Managers, project sponsors and team members.
- SQL Server SSRS Reports / Spotfire Dashboards graphs for analytics and monitoring db performance.
- SQL Server Admin: Created database models, custom tables, and stored procedures to optimize their IVM SCADA Application connecting to Cygnet SCADA. Optimized SQL Server stored proc and views for performance.
- Maintained User security roles and run SQL Server Backup Queries weekly.
- Prepared Custom SQL Queries and Views to simplify data for the BI Layer using Spotfire.
- Created complex SQL Server custom queries for Views for feeding analytic data to Spotfire BI.
- Provided applications real-time query support for Production Team, Engineers, Directors, and Analysts.
- Installed and Administered INFORMATICA PowerCenter 8.x - 9.x Advanced Edition. Installed Fail-Over and Load Balancing GRID option for INFORMATICA using ORACLE RAC in SAN storage environment. Implement Informatica SOA Web Services. Managed Off-Shore development team.
- Installed INFORMATICA Metadata Manager, MDM and IDQ from scratch, and later upgraded 3 times in all environments DEV, TEST, and PROD. Automated alert system via emails and BI dashboards to monitor ETL Job performance.
- Prepared IDQ profile with business rules with Informatica Developer to be used by Managers and business users who had access to Informatica Analyst, they reviewed the web reports and scorecards to determine if a change needed to be made at the source, eliminating pervasive data quality issues.
- Project: Data Warehouse Architecture, in charge of Standards, Connectivity and Administration of Informatica PowerCenter, with ORACLE 10g2 - 11.
- Implemented SAP ETL extraction process on Linux, generated ABAP code, called via Transport Requests (tcode). Accessed SAP pool/cluster tables by using transparent tables pushed into Informatica landing zones then into ORACLE, Created SSRS Reports for client operations.
- Designed documentation for Data Governance, Best Practices in Software Development, Security, System Support and ETL processes.
- Implemented INFORMATICA SOA Web Services to expose data on the fly from Web App requests. Performed system analysis for Metadata Management for source objects and create a Data Lineage Map used for Impact Analysis before changes were made to the system.
- Elaborated Data Analytics models and performed Predictive Analytics for BI Visualizations..
BI DW EngineerResponsibilities:
- Project: Designed and developed Automated Fault Recovery System (Patented) that uses wireless and internet devices to respond to alerts messages from Servers and solves them automatically.
- Programmed in VB, and C# .NET. SQL. Developed SQL Queries and Views to be used in BI Analytics Graphics for answering Marketing and Operational questions about the business, and several Clients. Visualizations with SSRS and later ported to Tableau Server / Desktop / Web.
Sr Software EngineerResponsibilities:
- Data Warehousing, Sr Developer Research Lead, with ORACLE 10g2 and 11i
- Installed and configured INFORMATICA PowerCenter 7.1.2 - 8.1 ETL system from scratch in UNIX to load Multi-Terabyte Business Data from the Operational Data Store (ODS) into the Reporting databases in ORACLE 11i using System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodologies.
- Automation process in ORACLE 11i to log and track data loads in real-time and alert support users when data stop flowing.
- Created Data Quality procedures scripts to check company data on the fly as it went through the ETL process. Produced DQ Reports, KPI and Test Cases.
- Applied Ralph Kimball’s best practice Methodologies for designing Dimensional Data Models.
- Project Lead for Management Metrics Application (MMA) using VB/Access to keep track of operations cost and process flow for the corporation in multiple currencies.
- Converted MMA system from MS Access into ORACLE. Managed team of overseas developers and configured code to company standards. Worked on system documentation.
- EAI application development with see eGate in JAVA (J2EE), w/Oracle 9i in a Worldwide System Integration Project using XML, MSMQ and development of an Enterprise Business Intelligence system using OLAP, WEBFOCUS BI.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Billing System Design, as Sr. Developers we used MS Visual Basic 4.0 to develop Billing and other HR and administrative in-house client-server applications.
- SQL Server development and Administration to support corporate in-house applications.
- Third Party Verification System (TPV) Co-Inventor - Sr. Developer of a patented system for Third Party Verification which uses a telephony Dialogic Board, T1 lines, an ISDN lines to record and transmit voice/data for validating calls. Created Predictive Dialer Software, increased productivity to the Telemarketing Department by 300%. Developed many other Telecommunications applications for in-house. Run queries to figure out how to “Gain New Customers”, and “Keep Track of Customer Satisfaction”, and “How to Retain the Customers”, “What Customers are Looking for”, and many other KPIs.
Sr. Software EngineerResponsibilities:
- Programmed using MS Visual C++ and SQL Server to develop and debug company’s main application: Open Plan Professional for Windows. Version control used: PVCS. Quality control and regression testing automated.