A technically proficient and highly accomplished information technology manager, with extensive experience in team - leading, strategic planning, change and project management, training and development, and technical support. Interacts with diverse teams company-wide to achieve set goals. Possesses a proven aptitude for adapting to and implementing the latest technology to attain strategic business initiatives. A dynamic producer, who serves as a key contributor to the lasting prosperity of a business.
Microsoft Office Suite, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SSRS, SQL, MS Query, Microsoft SQL, Server Management Studio, Citrix, Access, Informix, Oracle, Progress DBMS, SAP (PP,MM,ALE,EDOCS) UNIX and Linux, Visual Basic, VB.net, Loftware, Lotus Notes, and Wireless Infrastructure Technology, including Wireless Switches, Access Ports, and Hand-Held Scanners
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
Senior Solutions Architect
- Managed a major upgrade of the technology environment in the manufacturing facilities and administrative headquarters in Canada.
- Responsibilities included hardware infrastructure selection and configuration for a centralized database and application presentation.
- Responsible for the development of interfaces with an SAP ERP system for a production order delivery and material and labor costing.
- Developed custom applications and reports in the new environment. Activities included system hardware and software implementation, testing, and end-user training.
- Guided the activities of project and infrastructure teams.
- Upgrade resulted in significantly increased productivity and cost savings.
- Achieved a $75,000 reduction in ongoing annual maintenance costs by the centralized environment.
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
Director - Manufacturing Systems
- Responsible for providing strategic planning and IT development and support for the North American manufacturing operations and facilities of the company.
- Directed systems development, implementation, and support. Managed the IT outsourcing contract with EDS for manufacturing systems development and support.
- Led the development and support group for Pre-Media Composition Systems.
- Led the manufacturing execution component of SAP ERP in the Canadian Division.
- Achieved $500,000 savings annually by ending an outsourcing contract and bringing the Help Desk function inside.
- Led the renovation of Legacy applications for Confidential compliance.
Information Technology Manager
- Developed cutting-edge applications deployed to remote manufacturing locations, which resulted in a cost reduction of over $200,000 in a centralized administrative headquarters for the business unit.
- Won a “Success at Confidential ” award for the development of an automated order-entry process between print facilities and a major healthcare provider customer, which helped solidify the relationship with the customer and contributed to increased revenue.
- Gained recognition as the first major corporation in the Chicago area to successfully develop and deploy a Groupware application for the outsourcing services group of the business unit.
- Won a “Success at Confidential ” award for successfully developing and deploying an automated interface to the newly-implemented corporate back-office system, resulting in a further cost reduction and significantly enhanced cash flow.