- I have 20+ years of experience with big data, business intelligence and internet technology. I am fluent in cloud conversion, ETL strategies, data warehousing and data analysis.
- I won a Smithsonian Award for my technology team in 2000 and received prestigious recognition from the National Institute of Health for my data analysis in 2010. I have been promoted several times with the companies I have served in my career.
- I seek a fulltime position where my skills with data strategy, big data, business intelligence, reporting, analysis as well as my .NET and API skills can help your company thrive.
SKILLS: Data Warehousing, Data Strategy, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Cloud Conversion, Programming (C#, Jscript, Java, C++), Project Management, Program Management, Agile Development, Web Development
OTHER SKILLS: SQL Server, Erwin, MS Visio, Visual Studio, NoSQL, C#, .NET Framework, Azure Cloud Services (Service Bus, Cosmos NoSQL, SQL Azure, WebJobs), T - SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Business Intelligence (PowerBI, PowerPivot, Tableau), Tabular and Multidimensional modeling, TFS, Restful APIs, Technical Writing, Object Design, Dependency Inversion, Dependency Injection, Data Encryption, AWS (Amazon), JIRA, GitHub, HtmlAgilityPack, Redis Cache
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
- I worked directly with the Director of Business Intelligence for the Confidential Online Store and provided new code to parse, store and report on promotion & sales metrics.
- I also developed a PowerBI platform from the ground floor and led the data team in a cloud conversion initiative, where a complex ETL operation was managed through Azure Services.
- I used .NET, C#, ASPX, PowerBI, Cosmos, SSIS, SQL Azure and Azure Cloud Services (WebJobs and Service Bus) and data from Google Analytics, Orchard and Omniture on this contract. There was significant data modeling and data management involved.
- I completed significant work with Cosmos, Confidential ’s enterprise-scale NoSQL solution.
- The code would pull in enterprise wide streams on a massive scale (billions of account / transaction records for example) and then integrate that data into a reporting/warehousing ETL operation. I also interfaced and utilized the OneNote API.
Senior Database Engineer
- I spent three years on short term contract positions as a Senior Database Engineer.
- This was a strategic career moves to take on critical business/data challenges with minimal time to fix, upgrade or resolve complex technical issues.
- Tight deadlines were the norm. This work primarily involved data optimization, disaster recovery, increased data security, enhanced reporting and Restful API development and Web/Data Analytics.
- I used Azure Cloud Services, Amazon Web Services (AWS), IIS, SQL Server, C#, .NET Framework, MVC and Serialization.
- Designed and implemented new enterprise-level database systems from scratch
- Developed API with C#, SQL Server and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Developed data analytics with PowerPivot and SSAS.
- Achieved data warehousing solution using SSIS and SQL Server and utilized AWS cloud.
- I was a Scrum Master and managed Agile development sprints.
Senior Development Manager
- Hired, managed and led a development team.
- Utilized Team Foundation Server (TFS) and implemented Agile Methodology. Led the team as Scrum Master to improve development efficiency and reporting.
- Cited in numerous prestigious research papers published by the National Cancer Institute and the National Institutes of Health.
- Promoted twice during my 7-year tenure here.
Senior Web Developer
- Web development in C#, .NET Framework, ASPX and HTML.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Designed a custom e-Commerce solution that accrued over 1 million dollars in revenue
- Designed, implemented and administered new databases in SQL Server. Coded solutions in C#, ASP.NET, XLST, XML and Jscript. Developed ETL solution using DTS, C# and T-SQL
- Hired and built a development team.
- Promoted in my 4-year tenure here.