Confidential is an experienced sales and business development executive with tremendous experience in sales, marketing, team building and channel development. He has been successful in bringing quick and dramatic improvements to revenue, morale and the overall profitability of every company he has represented. He has never missed a personal or annual target and he has exceeded personal annual sales quotas in excess of $100M. Although he has worked for relatively large companies and has closed in excess of $2B in sales throughout his career, his true passion is working with smaller start - up companies to build revenues, teams and territories. He has spent his career in the information technology, software, security, and I/T consulting industries and has an excellent reputation as a trusted representative, manager, leader and builder of highly successful sales and technical teams.
- Lead a team of ten North American sales, business development and market development (inside sales) professionals driving sales of all consulting and advisory services revenues.
- Hired by the CEO and company owner to grow company revenues to $50M (from 2016 revenues of $25M) over a two-year period with minimal additional investments in personnel and overhead.
- The company has enjoyed record growth (57.1% year over year) thus far during my tenure.
- Improved the performance of the sales team by upgrading the team and hiring five BDM’s and Inside Sales Representatives/Manager.
- Added over a dozen new Confidential accounts to the Confidential clientele list through focused sales tactics and strategic account planning.
Sr. Vice President
- Recruited by the CEO to create a new start-up team of sales, inside sales, marketing, business development and customer enablement resources for the initial expansion of Confidential outside of Indiana. Hired six sales and inside sales representatives in Illinois, Michigan and Ohio within three months and ensured that they obtained the necessary partner certifications quickly. Delivered approximately $10M in additional revenues on an annual target of $5M thus enabling the company to obtain outside VC investment to enable rapid growth.
- In addition to the management role, I acted as a senior sales executive responsible for building client partnerships with various senior and C-level executives within various industries including Insurance, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail and Distribution. Focused on solution partnerships with disruptive technology and Software as a Service (SaaS) companies such as VMware, Splunk, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Zerto, Veeam, Red Hat, Nutanix, Riverbed, AppDynamics, Pure Storage, etc.
- Recruited by the owner and CEO to profitably grow the company and position them as a key go-to partner for several large technology companies. Recruited six new sales and technical resources and was responsible for a team of approximately 15 sales, engineering and consulting services professionals. Grew the company from less than $15M in annual revenues to over $30M by improving the operational efficiency and make-up of the sales team, thereby facilitating the sale of the company to Confidential .
- Formulated the vision and strategic plan to develop the region into a converged infrastructure-consulting firm to take advantage of higher growth product and services opportunities.
- Responsible for the professional development of technology professionals across a wide array of technologies and business functions.
- Executive Manager responsible for the relationship between some of the region’s largest accounts, which led to significant new business at these accounts.
- Acted as the key focal point for the region’s OEM relationships with key vendors such as Oracle, Microsoft, Splunk, NetApp, Hitachi, Symantec, Cisco, HP, Arista, VCE, VMware, Confidential and EMC. Established new revenue opportunities by creating new relationships with smaller ISV’s and Cloud Technology companies.
- Established a new inside sales team to build the company sales pipeline and migrated the Midwest region over to a new ERP and CRM system.
Confidential, Palatine, IL
Senior Vice President
- Responsible for establishing a pipeline and customer base for the company.
- Developed the company’s sales process and provided consulting on their sales strategy as well as their future channel plans.
- Established several new customer POC’s that resulted in over $5M in recurring revenues.
- Closed multiple opportunities in the Confidential financial and banking industry as well as large governmental agencies in North America.
- Established an agreement between Confidential Secure and a large international software company to integrate their technology into a subset of their product line.
Confidential, Skokie, IL
Director of National Sales
- Led the North American sales and engineering functions of Confidential 's server and software business with annual revenues of over $200M and Gross Margins of over $35M. Established dozens of new accounts resulting in organic revenue growth of over $30M in annual revenues. Developed and implemented the company’s Go-to-Market plan and strategy and directed company investments in software sales and technical capabilities.
- Led the marketing function for the business unit and held executive responsibilities for multiple vendor alliances and partnerships. Managed personnel development and performance for a team of approximately twenty sales and technical professionals.
- Recruited by Confidential ’s CEO as a second line manager to build an entirely new sales team within Confidential ’s Midwest Region. Hired six new Account Executives in the Midwest along with four Systems Engineers to staff the new team. Unit revenues grew from zero to over $50M over three years and 2010 gross profits were approximately 130% of the company’s target.
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL
Regional Vice President
- Led Mainline's expansion by building a start-up team in the Midwest. Quickly built momentum that led to rapid and sustained growth over a five-year period. Established a new team and territory from the ground up by focusing on software, solutions, storage, security and services opportunities within the Confidential customer set. Personally opened several major new accounts and drove territory growth at over 50% on an annual basis.
- Recruited and managed a multi-state team of over 20 managers, account executives and systems architects responsible for a 2007 annual revenue target in excess of $75M along with gross margins of approximately $15M.
Confidential, Armonk, NY
- Various sales and management roles across Confidential 's various product lines with sales success in all Confidential products including servers, Storage, Networking Equipment, Software and Services. Average annual performance of 140%+ throughout my sales career and was consistently ranked as a top performer in North America.
- Software Account Manager responsible for selling Application Development, Middleware and Database solutions to some of the region’s largest accounts. Sustained performance exceeded 150%+ over multiple years.
- Top Storage Solutions Manager in the U.S. in terms of both revenue and quota attainment. Top revenue producing Server Sales Manager in the U.S. for four straight years with annual quotas in excess of $100M. Individually generated $250M+ in new leases/financing.
- Recognized for sales excellence with ten consecutive Confidential Golden Circles and 100% Clubs (never missed quota with average attainment of over 140% of target). Achieved over 300% of quota as a Software Sales Representative in my first year of selling database, middleware, and application development technologies. Received an Confidential Chairman's Award as well as numerous Area Manager and Branch Manager Awards.