- Tech savvy Sales Leader - experienced in fast moving start-ups and large companies, management and individual contributor roles. Skilled at delivering high-tech solutions involving IT/ICT (software, hardware, services), critical communications, and cloud-based technologies targeting Government and Utility sectors.
- Consistent top performer with a track record of crafting and executing short and long-term revenue strategies and go-to-market plans driving new sales and opportunities for large, multi-million dollar pursuits. Experienced in designing and implementing successful sales strategies targeting public and private sectors (Public Safety, Government, Utilities, and Enterprise).
- I am driven, self-motivated, and work well within cross-functional, high performance teams - embracing sales & marketing processes, finding creative solutions to tough situations, and using the strengths of all team members to consistently win business.
- I am an aggressive, "out-of-the box" thinker & doer - I have been called tenacious, personable, and persistent.
LTE, WLAN, IoT, ICT, Land Mobile Radio, P25, TETRA, Wireless, Microwave, Small Cell, Cloud, DAS, SDN, NFV, Telecommunications, SaaS, Mobile, Software, Solution Selling, Channel Sales, Government, Utilities, Transportation, Public Safety, Team Management, Sales Management
- Sales - Year 1 - Built funnel ($2M) from zero for cloud-based (hosted) SaaS information service & Business Intelligence/ Advanced Analytics solutions
- Business Development - Engaged top North American utilities, Tier 1,2,3 Telecom Service Providers, and the UTC Trade Assoc. to create an industry-wide Registry for utility pole attachments & tower sites.
- Speaker and article contributor at various utility industry events.
- Business Development - Delivered/Implemented go-to-market strategy to rapidly introduce Confidential portfolio of hardware, software and professional services ICT solutions to Federal Civilian, Utility & Government markets.
- Developed a pipeline of $25M for FY13 and grew it to $40M for FY14.
- Strategic Alliances - created/implemented campaigns to capture mindshare with potential strategic partners & alliances including Consultants, VARs, Systems Integrators and other 3rd parties.
- Implemented ‘Consultant Outreach Program’. Key relationships included Parsons, KEMA, General Dynamics, Lockheed, Fed. Eng., Televate, Accenture, Deloitte, Burns & McDonald, plus many others.
- Results included new RFx involvement of ~$10M over 2 years.
- Lead Generation & Market Intelligence - developed business opportunities 1-3 years in advance of RFx activity. Interfaced with industry associations.
- Exceeded annual targets in ’12 & ’13 by as much as 150% ($30M based on $20M quota)
- Executive-level lead generation and strategic marketing consulting for North American & Asian-based high-tech companies focused on expanding into Federal civilian & State/Local Government and Utility markets
- Leveraged networked relationships and rolodex of contacts to secure senior executive meetings and uncover RFx opportunities
- Produced dozens high value leads and market intelligence within Government and Utilities sectors.
- Delivered over $15M in new RFx opportunities for clients.
Vice President Sales & Marketing
- Recruited to stand up North American sales/marketing operations for Spain-based Land Mobile Radio company - focused on Utility, Transportation, Public Safety, and Federal civilian agencies.
- Sales & Management - hired team (4 people) and built sales funnel to over $100M during first year with anticipated Y2 sales >$10M, developing Public Safety, Military, & Utility agency opportunities in S.A.
- Channel Development/ Strategic Alliances - Built from ground up Indirect Sales Channel to include MR’s, Dealers, System Integrators throughout North& South America.
Business Development Director
- Leveraged partnerships with other L3 BU’s to develop and sell a targeted suite of Public Safety offerings ranging from Land Mobile Radio (LMR), in-vehicle video/computing, and various software applications.
- Included Product Development, customer engagement, strategy, internal negotiation, & brand protection.
Area Sales Manager
- Sales - Targeted LMR/Critical Infrastructure opportunities in excess of $10M+ within SLG (Pubic Safety) agencies and Utilities, including a Statewide Radio Network pursuit valued at over $4B.
- Developed joint partnerships with System Integrators and other partners for >$10M RFP/RFI/RFQ’s.