More than 21 years of experience engineering, architecting, and utilizing hands - on expertise to drive business goals. Continuous evaluation of IT strategies; make recommendations based on evolving business goals and initiatives including revisiting past projects for design, efficiency, and cost improvements.
Azure IaaS & PaaS, Hyper-V 2012 R2 / 2008 R2, VMware 6.0, Virtual Server 2005 R2, Active Directory, ADFS, Microsoft Failover Clustering, Microsoft Load Balancing, WSUS Patch Management, Certificates, PKI & Security, Windows Server 2016 / 2012 R2 / 2008 R2 / 2003 R2 / 2000 / NT, Exchange 2010 / 2003 / 2000 / 5.5 , Remote Desktop / Terminal Services, Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2000 / 98 / 95 / 3.11 , DOS 6.22, OS/2 3.0 Warp Connect, IIS, Apple iOS, Wireless, Monitoring, HP Blade Enclosures, Steelcase RoomWizard, HP & Dell Servers, Cisco Network Switches & Routers, Firewalls, OSI, Ethernet, LAN, TCP/IP, OSI, IPsec, puTTY, DFS, DNS, WINS, RDP, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP / HTTPS, FTP / FTPS, pfSense, IDS, IPS, UTM, Vendor, Project, & Microsoft Software Licensing Management.
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
IT Engineer - Contractor
- VMware ESXi 6.0 & Hyper-V 2008 R2 /2012 / 2012 R2 virtual server cluster administration & support.
- 3rd level support for 1500+ Windows servers in a multi-domain Active Directory (AD) forest.
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS) & Distributed File System (DFS) 2012 R2 configuration and builds.
- Windows Server operating system builds & configuration.
- Security, SOX Auditing & Remediation, server administration; PowerPoint solution presentation.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Lead, IT Infrastructure Architect & Engineer
- Lead 25 global offshore Wintel, Messaging, Web, Datacenter, Security, & Storage engineer teams.
- Restructured offshore teams through training, talent alignment, and process engineering to achieve marked improvements in response times and support expertise.
- 3rd level support for international infrastructure across 65+ locations and 4000+ nodes.
- Presided over hardware and software inventory, upgrades, migrations for Citrix, Terminal Services/Remote Desktop, and legacy Operating Systems for maintaining SOX Compliance.
- Architected Microsoft Azure IaaS solution as a remote datacenter for critical global search systems.
- $805,160 - 2015 documented savings as a result of improving architecture and resource efficiency.
- Designed and completed rolling Active Directory Upgrade from 2003 R2 --> 2008 R2.
- $350,000/year savings eliminating tape & integrating offsite DR with Microsoft Azure DRaaS.
- Engineered ADFS single-sign-on (SSO) for Microsoft Office365, Azure, Salesforce, & WorkDay utilizing virtualized, load balanced servers secured with DMZ-based ADFS proxy.
- Designed PKI infrastructure for management and integration with Active Directory for internal digital certificate issuance utilizing Offline, Primary Issuing, and Client Issuing Certificate Authorities.
- Migrated Hyper-V 2008 R2 clusters --> 2012 R2 clusters with replication to Paris Datacenter.
- Created planning & deployed Meeting Room Scheduler for Chicago Confidential office move in just 3 days.
- Led global datacenter migrations & cleanup of USA, Hong Kong, China, & France datacenters.
- Managed global Microsoft software licensing agreements (EA, EAP, ECI, SCE, Select, and MPSA).
- Led project migration of global messaging system from Microsoft Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010.
- Deployed global WSUS patch strategy for Windows Servers along with regular backend updates.
- DNS Management for external and internal records. Also designed DNS split-brain infrastructure.
- Mentored, daily guidance, and support for analysts, junior administrators, and offshore engineers.
Systems & Security Engineer
- Saved $280,000 by virtualizing Wintel systems onto clustered, HP c7000 enclosures.
- Led project, training, documentation, planning, engineering, and architecture for multi-domain migration & consolidation of Windows NT 4.0 / Exchange 5.5 --> Active Directory / Exchange 2003.
- Designed secure server builds & images with IPsec communications to/from DMZ.
- Engineered ISA Firewalls & reverse proxy with application security for internal resources.
- Designed load-balanced IIS Extranet for external client data exchanges with internal consultants.
- Cisco Catalyst switching configuration.
- Led Cisco Unity Unified Messaging integration with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2000.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Systems Engineering Consultant
- Microsoft technology consulting for Windows servers, clients, IIS, and proxy servers.
- Created standard Windows 2000 Professional computer images for light-touch deployments.
- Designed and transitioned migration of Windows NT 4.0 --> Windows 2000 Active Directory.
Confidential, Rockford, IL
Senior Systems Engineer
- Y2K project management, stress tests, simulations, patching, and preparedness.
- Led and coordinated package tracking application upgrades.
- Managed project upgrades and migrations for custom applications and hardware.
- Mentored and provided leadership for junior technicians.
- Supported over 1000 nodes & users in mixed 802.5 Token Ring & 802.3 Ethernet networks.
- Administration of NetWare 3.x /4.x, NT 4.0, OS/2 servers, & Stratus Continuum mainframes.
- Handled break/fix support for hub computers, networking, tracking, and dumb terminals.
Package Level Detail Supervisor
- Supervised five direct reports in newly created Package Level Detail department.
- Piloted technology upgrades of scanning / tracking applications and systems.
- Trained and prepped hub personnel on Symbol, UBI, and PSC scanning/tracking technology.