- Proven leader with broad IT, support, and technology strategy experience. Exceptional analytical, communication, and people management skills which have been applied effectively to work with both technical and non - technical globally dispersed colleagues. Passionate about developing the appropriate implementation and mix of technology and people to meet current and future business objectives.
- IT Service Management (ITSM) Expert
- Recipient of numerous awards for business excellence, collaboration, technical expertise, and team motivation.
- Performed vendor evaluation, selection, and management.
- Very strong business acumen and understanding of IT financial management and business alignment.
IT Service Manager
- Reduced the employee turnover rate through active listening, emotional intelligence, and direction of team focus.
- Assessed impediments to team productivity and improved efficiency and productivity.
- Introduced ITIL Incident Management and Transition processes to both support and project teams.
- Improved and authored knowledgebase articles and process documentation.
IT Service Manager
- Interviewed stakeholders and used their input to author a formal organizational assessment which identified strengths, weaknesses and the most critical areas requiring improvement.
- Authored ITIL overview and process documents that allowed non-disruptive improvements in current Service Management processes. Obtained stakeholder buy-in when necessary to ensure success.
- Significantly improved (as per customer feedback) the relationship between Confidential and a high-profile customer. As a result, was asked to take over management of the support relationship with another challenging customer.
- Identified weaknesses in resources with respect to both current and future customer needs. Created staffing requirements and hired new associates.
Service Manager - Operations/Production Support
- Worked directly with IT senior management at some of the world’s largest banks to transition services to Operations and to negotiate and define support models.
- Implemented best practices necessary to ensure the support function’s scalability with respect to the company’s growth expectations.
- Implemented a new ITIL compliant Service Management tool for Incident and Problem management. This included vendor research, use case development, vendor testing and tool development.
- Resource Management - Developed and continually improved the support staffing model to meet ever-changing customer needs.
Associate Director - Database Administration/Production Support
- In less than a year, successfully managed the team’s interpersonal relationships and resolved issues that were inhibiting productivity. The dramatic improvement in team image and effectiveness resulted in the team’s reception of its first Business Excellence Award.
- Formed strong professional alliances between the team and its business partners and customers.
- Quickly identified the strengths and weaknesses of individual team members and effectively allocated resources across projects.
- Identified hardware consolidation opportunities and reduced single department costs by more than $200,000 per year.
- Collaborated with the business and the primary IT vendor to determine organizational SLAs.
- Helped to develop the business continuity plan for the department.
Oracle Database Administrator/Senior Production Support Analyst
- Database and Unix performance tuning, capacity management, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Orchestrated the transitioning of new/updated software into the production environment.
- Led the technical evaluation of vendors for the replacement of business-critical software.
- Worked with Human Resources to help define technical skill levels and behaviors for career development within the department.