Financial professional with accounting and engineering background, CPA, experienced in financial modeling, reporting, sales analysis, budgeting, dashboarding, revenue accounting, performance analysis, reporting system setup, statistics, data stewardship, data mining. Hands - on experience with spreadsheet model and report design, data cleansing, manipulation, ETL and report preparation.
Excel and database (VBA macros, SQL) skills, advanced knowledge of OLAP tools: Business Objects (including multiple queries and data providers, variables, subqueries, SQL), MS Access, Essbase, FORTRAN. Working knowledge of Teradata SQL, Oracle, SAS DataFlux, SAP R/3, Business Warehouse (SAP BW), COGNOS, MS Visio, PowerPoint. Exposure to Tableau and Python.
Business Data Consultant
- Report preparation and automation
- Metrics and scorecard design
- Excel modeling
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Enablement and financial reporting for software offer transformation (SaaS/XaaS offers to customers), bundle offers (hardware + service subscription)
- Flexible Consumption Model (FCM) for customers - enablement and financial reporting
- Created and implemented reporting packages, dashboards, scorecards and metrics for multiple departments. Prepared recommendations based findings. Maintained an internal analytical database (Excel VBA, MS SQL, SAP Business Objects tools).
- Served as a facilitator between end users and IT, led business acceptance testing in multiple projects and warehouse data migration to Teradata from a legacy system.
- Participated in Pilot Data Quality monitoring project. Formulated business control requirements and led project implementation in collaboration with enterprise data warehouse (EDW) operations team. The project led to watermarking as Single Source of Truth (SSOT) of main Cisco measures. A proactive data monitoring saved significant cost and time in support, improved overall data quality. Implemented on SAS DataFlux.
Confidential, Concord, CA
Sr. Financial Analyst
- As a member of Financial Planning and Analysis group:
- Constructed financial statements and provided variance analysis
- Investigated financial irregularities
- As a member of Asset Management group, applied new company’s policy to Kaiser IT Asset management and monitoring. Provided inventory reserves calculation for year-end closing. Data extracting from IVIS, Asset Center, ARIBA. Data manipulation in Access - Excel using advanced tools (queries, VBA, pivot tables, Excel Add Inns, etc).
Sr. Cost Analyst
- Built a model for variance analysis (SAP R/3, AS400 - Labor module) . The model helped to identify flaws in budget preparation and system’s errors
- Participated in budget preparation, reviewed capital projects requests and provided NPV, IRR, cash-flow and risk analysis
- Investigated and corrected errors in settings for a corporate reporting system (SAP BW)
- Streamlined accounting for temporary labor
- Prepared Month end and Variance reports for Production and Supply Chain departments
- Bill of Material audit and adjustments
- Participated in a cross-functional team (six sigma)
- Monitored financial transactions to safeguard assets
- Full cycle accounting. Year/Quarter/Month - end closure.
- Financial statements preparation. Management analysis and reports: analyzed financial and operational information, identified and explained variances, trends. Ensured compliance with all applicable laws
- Made recommendations to improve Company’s profitability
- Supervised Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll clerks
- Assisted with the information system implementation. Supported implementation through planning and consultation with key stakeholders