17 years of IT experience in People Management / Project Management /Application migration/Infrastructure Architecture and Administration /Storage Architecture and Administration/ Data Protection/Capacity Planning/IT Operation Delivery & Management/Pre and post - sales Activities
Confidential Certified, PMP Certified, RHCT, SA (SUN Certified Administrator), Converge IT Infrastructure (FlexPod), Data Center Consolidation, Data Migration, SAN, NAS, Backups/DR, Storage Management, IT Infrastructure Management, IT Operation Management, Capacity Planning, Virtualization of IT infrastructure, High Computing Storage, Reduction in Storage Footprint, VMWARE, Cloud Computing, Pre-Sales Support, Budget planning.
Professional Services Consultant
- Assisting “Sanofi” to deploy Confidential as NAS solution and helping them migrating data from EMC Celerra NS-960 to Confidential and Migration of ESX clusters from EMC block to Confidential NAS.
- CDOT upgrades and expansion to 8 nodes cluster.
- Assisting Sanofi in defining Storage as a Service either on-prem and/or in the Cloud (AWS, Azure).
- Storage IO density analysis of the environment to define performance service class for each application, which will help Sanofi to make decision either to move application in the Cloud or keep it on-prem.
- Comparative analysis of “on-prem” Vs “public cloud” cost for establishing a service.
- Review and recommendations on Storage architecture, best practices, configuration consistency and performance monitoring.
- Ensuring optimum storage efficiency in the Confidential environment using technologies like deduplication, compression, compaction, cloning, snapshots, snapmirror, snapvault etc.
- Assisting Sanofi in designing storage services to achieve near zero RPO for critical applications.
- Reference Arch
- Logical Architecture
- Component Design
- Specifications & Configuration Standards
- Performance management specifications
- Maintenance life cycle plan schedule
- Maintenance work instruction index
- Supplier Agreements (Licensing, support and vendor escalations)
- Standard reporting
- Build Document
- Standard Build Checklist
- General Work Instruction Index
- Provisioning/De-Provisioning/Reporting/Troubleshooting/Upgrades etc.
- Identified Risks in the Environment and created a plan to mitigate them.
- Assisted PDS team in creating work instructions/best practices
Sr. Storage Consultant
- Responsible for implementation of technical architecture and installation of Flexpod, conducting the analysis of alternative architectures (Redhat Cloud forms), creating architectural standards, defining processes to ensure conformance to standards, instituting solution-testing criteria.
- Completed FlexPod installation for Excel Energy (My Focus was storage)
- Configured Confidential storage (FAS 8080 Cluster) for multi tenants environment.
- Cisco for compute and networking (Nexus 5548, UCS 5108, B200 M3 Blades, FI 6248)
- VMware for Virtualization/Cloud (vCAC,vCO,VCOPs)
- Assisted team in developing Flexpod solution using Redhat virtualization and Cloud forms.
- Assisted sales team in business development activities.
- Leading a team of four
- Cloud Storage Capacity planning and designing for Confidential clouds CaaS (VMware), IaaS (VMware and Open Stack )
- Design capacity templates and automation of the capacity reports.
- Creation of Cloud storage Dashboard.
- Defined roadmap and created “requirement documents” for Storage Capacity planning tool.
- 6 and 12 months Budget (~$16 mil) Projection.
- Helped client to define Dual Vendor Strategy for Synaptic Cloud Env. ( EMC for Block and Confidential for File system storage)
- Assisted in Design and implementation of Confidential CDOT (replacement of 7 mode Clusters) as a new building block
- Designed a Storage Vendor Evaluation/Viability matrix for their private cloud solution. This matrix will help client in Selection/Assessment of Storage Vendor. Focus is on IOPS/GB (performance) and price. Only SSD and Hybrid Arrays are considered because of the performance requirements.
Sr. Technical Architect
- Assisted in troubleshooting and supporting the organization’s storage systems.
- Created and reviewed reports on storage usage.
- Evaluated the organization's data processing and storage needs and develops long-term plans to meet business requirements.
- Documented problems and solutions and serves as the point of contact for storage capacity related issues.
- Allocated storage space, plans for future projects or acquisitions.
- Reviewed hardware and software configurations and made suggestions for appropriate storage or backup models
- Assisted in Migration from 3PAR/EMC to Confidential .
- Created budget ($14mil) for Confidential H&AS Cloud
Lead Capacity planner
- My Role was to lead capacity and performance planning for 6 Datacenters (~4000 VMS, ~300 hosts, 4PB storage) across world. These datacenters are part of Confidential & Confidential hosting business. We (team of 4) were responsible to produce weekly/monthly report for our executive management. Our capacity reports included,
- Virtual environment planning (e.g. ESX 4.1 hosts, vCPU, VMem, VMware licenses etc)
- Network planning (Core switches, Access switches, firewalls, VLANs, VPNs, bandwidth etc)
- Storage Planning (Capacity trend, IOPS trend, Performance management)
- Subnets reports, VM utilization etc.
- These reports were sent to Executive Management (Exe. Directors and VPs) to give them holistic view of DC. Also being used for Budget planning and capacity augmentation.
- We developed Capacity/performance report for CAAS (Committed/Pay as you go models) environment ( Confidential Clouds). Also evaluated tools like VMWARE vCOPs, Solarwind, Confidential OCI to automate some of capacity related processes.
- Developed oversubscription (for capacity planning) models for “Pay as you go” and Committed for IaaS cloud.
- Worked as SME for data migration (~600TB) from EMC to Hitachi/ Confidential . My role was to assess the existing storage environment (e.g. storage boxes, HBAs, Switches, firmware, O/S, DMP software etc.), recommend storage hardware, new technologies (e.g. thin provisioning, Dynamic Tier-ing), and migration plan.
- Proactive monitoring of storage environment to avoid downtime.
- Translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.
- Looking into root cause of storage escalations and how to minimize them.
- Looking into IBRIX as File system storage and provide IBRIX as storage solution.
- My accomplishments10 IBM ESSs (F800/F20) data migration and consolidation to IBM DS8300 and Confidential FC 6070c, which saved Cadence over $3M in lease cost and maintenance.
- Played a technical architect role to migrate Oracle, Exchange, SharePoint etc…to ensure they meet biz critical needs such as HA, Backup/Recovery, DR
- Implemented Disk to disk backups using snapvault covering 5 satellite offices in NE, reducing dependency on Tape backups and improved restore time.
- 200TB data migration to consolidate 8XNetapp FAS R200 to 1 cluster FAS3050c using snapmirror which resulted in power saving, floor space saving and less administrative headaches.
- Implementation of hardware refresh approx. worth $2M .
- Consolidation of “Brocade/Macdata” SAN in Datacenter
- Consolidated SAN servers from various building to DC, thus removing several edge switches, old directors, reducing SAN footprint and improving SAN performance.
- Re-architecture of storage Backups, using Netbackup 6.5 and mix of VTL /tape libraries, improving backup windows and improved restore reliability.
- Architecture of ISCSI storage and ISCSI VLANS for VDI/VM deployments. We had more than 2000 VMs running using our central storage.
- Architected and Introduced IBRIX as T2 NAS, replacing high cost Confidential, which reduced our cost of T2.
- Design and implementation of “Deduplication of VMWARE images” and thin provisioning for T2 NAS data.
- Introduction of Isilon as backend storage with Avere cache in front of it, to reduce latency related to READ/WRITE I/Os and save the cost in buying high end storage.
- Introduced SUN ZFS as “T3 no backup” solution on X4500 (Thumper).
Sr. IT Manager
- To ensure smooth operation of IT infrastructure (Storage and DC) around the clock.
- Maintain support for critical systems.
- Define and monitor SLAs.
- Support to remote locations and escalation point for field offices.
- Meeting with BU leaders (Acting as liaison for them). lead migration
- Meet with upper management to discuss technology/Budget/strategic direction.
- Processes review - Adhering to existing process, looking for improvements.
- Performance review - Define objectives for the team and ensure they on track.
- Training and development - Define training (Internal/External) schedule for the team.
- DR planning /testing for critical applications - My role was to ensure proper IT infrastructure in place
- Presentation to BUs/Management about the operation status on monthly basis.
- Vendor management - Establish and maintain relationships with our vendors, NDA execution, POC, Contract renewal, new technology sessions etc.
Staff Systems Engineer
- Recommended and implemented the cost effective and best solution, which involves Vendors meeting and evaluation of their products.
- Ensured proper Installation and Configuration/Upgrade of OS, VCS, VM, VXFS, NFS, Confidential filer (Gfiler 980c/v6070c/960c/980c/ 840/3050/3040 c etc.)
- Zoning on SAN switches. (Brocade/Mcdata switches and directors with two Fabrics)
- Involved with Architecting NetBackup for storage in various sites SJ, Pittsburg etc.
- Data migration and consolidation.
- Resolve Performance issues with storage.
- Traveled 20% to remote sites to implement storage/backup solutions.