Technically astute, hands - on leader with a reputation for delivering technology solutions and services that meet diverse business, operational and industry needs in verticals such as Retail, Finance, Telecommunications, Healthcare, and Manufacturing to name a few. Proven success in delivering large-scale product development projects on time and within budget. Demonstrated experience in building strong, cohesive partnerships with business, operations, technology and other key stakeholders.
- Program / Project Management (Agile & Waterfall)
- Data Architecture / Data Modeling
- Requirements Gathering / Analysis
- Strategy Development / Implementation
- Vendor Management
- Resource / Management
- Data Warehouse, Big Data & Business Intelligence
- Data Governance / Data Quality / Data Management
- Master Data Management / Data Integration / ETL
- Client Relations & Presentation
- Team Coaching / Mentoring
- Costing & Budgeting
Skills: Data modeling (relational and dimensional modeling), Data Warehouse/Data Mart/BI architectures, Big Data Architectures and technologies, Data integration (ETL & MDM) systems, BI and Dashboarding
Tools: / Software / Databases ER Studio, Erwin, Informatica, IBM DataStage, QlikView, MicroStrategy, Tableau, IBM DB2, IBM CDC, Netezza, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Jira, MS Project,, Team Foundation, Visio, C+.
Confidential, Irving, Texas
Sr. IT Manager
- Directed multiple IT programs and teams focused on business growth, technology advancement and process improvement across value-chain activities such as originations, servicing and finance using Agile methodology.
- Delivered an effective and scalable combination of platforms, technologies, tools, processes and best practices that optimized the acquisition of the loan portfolio of top tier bank. Team size 65 on-shore, off-shore, and remote resources.
- Increased Nationstar loan portfolio 30 % and revenue by 25%.
- Designed and directed the development and conversion of all batch-jobs to Control-M automated batch scheduling system.
- Team size was 50 comprising all IT teams and groups that run batch systems.
- System improved batch applications execution time 30% and improved on data quality.
- Led a cross-functional team of technologists and business to develop and implement a comprehensive document management system (demand, welcome, payment reminder and notifications letters) that automated and introduced efficiency to the letters and document management process.
- Delivered fast ROI with intelligent data generation, smart workflow, retrieval, and deep business insight on loan status and follow-up actions. (System comprised of an ODS, printing system (Planet press), email, fax, web portal and other components using MS SQL Server, C#, IBM WebSphere.)
- Estimated benefit over five years of $13 million.
Confidential, Teaneck, NJ
Senior Architect / Director/Engagement Manager
- Key driving force behind implementation of major client projects ranging from $1M to $10M.
- Directed 10-20-member project teams and hold project P&L accountability.
- Developed technology strategies and future state solutions for clients in alignment with their business strategic plans.
- Advised clients on large IT transformation initiatives including Legacy modernization, Application / Portfolio Rationalization, Cloud enablement, Integration strategy and architectures, data warehouse, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Big data, data strategy and governance.
- Collaborated with corporate sales to develop new accounts and grow existing accounts, performed consultative selling, leveraging business through superior delivery skills, client relations and subject matter and technology expertise.
- Developed responses to RFI & RFP, and presentations in support of Pre-sales activities.
- Co-defined with client’s C-level executives, strategy and technical road-map consisting of several initiatives to meet changing business forces with agile and proactive solutions for improving members’ acquisition and retention, providing timely and accurate reports to providers, perfect billing operations, complying with Government’s regulations, and requirements.
- Designed and managed delivery of a Profit/Loss analytic and reporting system that consisted of a data mart, a rules engine and several other down-stream custom applications that enabled finance analysts to perform various statistical and financial modeling activities to to drive Medicare and Medicaid operations.
- Architected and supervised the development of a patient master data system (CDI) that consolidated all patient reference data into a central repository with an integration layer using Informatica enterprise integration platform. System helped reduced patient operation cost and enhanced patient satisfaction. It was estimated to increased profitability by over 30%.
Senior Enterprise Data Architect
- Developed complex SQL queries and analytical models that translated and implemented the differentiated clinical models for Confidential and related healthcare groups.
- Selected to assess, benchmark, and improve the performance of the advanced analytic system. Selected projects:
- Developed solutions and processes to improve performance, data quality, and time-to-execution of many of the ETL processes, queries and reports. (Netezza, Oracle 11g, SAS analytics, Informatica data integration tools). System processing time was reduced by30% and queries and reports response time by 40%.
- Provided technical expertise in the re-engineering and extension of the Data warehouse, introducing new data structures and replacing some ETL processes with Big data technologies using Apache Hive, Spark and HBase development tools in ingesting massive structured and unstructured data into the data warehouse environment. Solution reduced the ETL processing time by over 40% and improved the execution of Confidential models by over 50%.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
technical Project Manager - Enterprise Data Warehouse / Independent Contractor
- Finance Data Warehouse: Managed a team of developers, business analysts, testers to deliver on-time and on-budget the finance data warehouse project. System aggregated data from Teradata, IBM mainframe and Oracle Finance ERP system into an IBM Db2 data base system, with a MicroStrategy analytical front-end.
- System provided a consolidated enterprise financial reporting, analytics and other finance functions platform across JCP, increasing financial analysts’ productivity, providing timely reports and accurate data.
- Designed and directed the development of a central repository / integration layer (Foundation database layer) project. System integrated data from several database / legacy mainframe datasets into a centralized data integration layer enabling seamless integration of data between several internal systems.
- System improved data quality, consistency and accuracy of data across the enterprise.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Manager, Data Warehouse & Data Integrations
- Provided team leadership and direction for the 24/7 operations of the data warehouse and data integrations team. Oversaw all personnel hiring, promotions, training, and disciplinary actions and team communications.. Supervised 12 direct and 20 indirect reports. Selected projects and achievements:
- Collaborated with senior IS and business executives to develop a 3-year strategy and road-map consisting of several initiatives to translate corporate business vision to feasible technical objectives, processes, and systems aimed at improving marketing, promotions, pricing, space planning, and reporting capabilities. Then successfully led development of several solutions to actualize the strategy. Projected to realize over 30% increase in customer base with a corresponding 25% increase in revenue.
- System was re-engineered from an Oracle Retek Data warehouse to an enterprise data warehouse system on Oracle / Netezza with reporting and BI MicroStrategy and Oracle OBIEE. Automated all ETL processes from Pro C* and stored procedures applications with IBM WebSphere (DataStage) processes. Saved more than 30% in operating cost. And reduced ETL processing time by over 60%.
- Architected and managed development that consolidated all customer reference data into a central repository with a Java Front-end interface to several touch points, Solution provided a complete 360º views of the customer, reduced customer operation costs by over 30%, enhancing customer satisfaction and increasing marketing efficiency.