Engineer looking for opportunities in the big data space in southern Oregon, working remotely, or part time remotely. I have hands - on experience with second generation distributed processing technologies, such as storm and spark, distributed database, distributed search, J2EE, and its contenders, and I have designed and built systems with those, and other large scalabilty oriented technologies. I have a solid understanding of software architecture principals and enjoy putting those to use in new application and in migrating older applications.
- System Architecture & Design
- Big Data
- Hands-on Technical Knowledge
- Backend to Frontend Experience
- Oral/Written Communication
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Multi-tiered Web Applications
Big Data, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Hbase/Phoenix, Spark, Storm, Hadoop, Hbase, Scala, Kafka, Zookeeper, kafka, Ambari suite, Spring, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Solr/Lucene, ActiveMq, Eclipse, JQuery, Data Modeling, Java, UML, *NIX, Windows, design patterns, transactional programming, multi-threading
Senior Big Data Engineer
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Designed and implemented monitoring service using distributed frameworks for persistence and analysis of metric and log data within Confidential . Presently handles billions of log and metrics for realtime search and analysis, and many more billions of metrics and logs for non-realtime search and distributed processing, and analysis.
- Earlier work also includes:
- Redesigned Confidential subsystem for significantly increased performance of three hundred percent.
- Design used as template for all other entities migrated in systems
- Designed security system for main Confidential to an easily upgradeable solution
- Made significant architectural changes for scalability and maintainability, including standards patterns and application layering
Technologies used: Spark, Storm, Solr, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Flume, Hbase, Phoenix, HDFS, Hive, Ranger, Heroku, Google Cloud, Openshift, Kubernetes, Spring, Zookeeper, Ambari, Hortonworks Platform
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
- Assisted customers in integration, which lead to high satisfaction and referrals
- Developed suite of tools for testing and demonstrating software, to speed integration time and ease customer’s anxiety
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Designed and implemented internationalization for Confidential, increasing customer base to Japan and Europe
- Ported e-commerce application from proprietary application server to JEE application server.