- Overall 9+ years of IT experience in leading the analysis, design, development and implementation of software applications in data warehousing.
- One year of hands on experience in Dataiku as a Data Scientist/Admin and Alation as Contributor/Admin.
- Involved in Project planning, Scheduling, System design, Functional specification, Design specification, Coding, Reporting and System test plan.
- Extensive Experience in data modelling, data staging, database design, data warehouse requirement analysis and BI Implementation.
- Expertise in Data Warehouse development working with Extraction/Transformation/Loading using Informatica Power Center with Oracle and Heterogeneous Sources.
- Strong experience in Master Data Management implementation working with Extraction/Transformation/Loading using Informatica Power Center with Oracle and Heterogeneous Sources.
- Excellent knowledge of Entity - Relationship, Facts and Dimensions tables, slowly changing dimensions and Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema).
- Extensively worked on developing and debugging Informatica mappings, mapplets, sessions and workflows.
- Worked on Performance Tuning, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings sessions and SQL statements.
- Experienced in UNIX Shell scripting.
- Manage time and resources effectively. Experienced handling multiple tasks while working in an environment of simultaneous development of multiple-releases
- Excellent Client Interaction / Relationship, Leadership and Communication Skills.
- Proficient in writing documents, preparing presentations and presenting them.
- Well organized, goal oriented, with excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong people management skills with ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 9.x/8.x
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, Greenplum
Modeling Tools: Visio
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Python
Operating System: Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP, UNIX
Office Applications: MS-Office 2007/2010
Other Tools: PLSQL Developer Tool, Oracle SQL Developer, HPQC, Service Now, PG Admin
Applications: Dataiku, Alation
- Interact with the Scrum Master, Working Groups, and Product Owner to identify and clarify detailed requirements for each sprint.
- Create Design Document for the requirements and review with the customer.
- Prototype, develop, and deploy complex requirements for client systems.
- Construct end-to-end data flows from raw data to predictions
- Organize, manage, and curate large and complex datasets
- Crunch, analyze and investigate on any kind of data
- Explore various Dataiku Scheduling methods and created multiple use cases for the same.
- Explore new machine learning algorithms and build attractive visualization
- Deliver high quality technical outcomes while adhering to schedule constraints
- Conduct Open office hours to help users with their queries related to Dataiku and Alation
- Help and identify multiple solutions to support customer use cases
- Helped to define and automated various internal processes like license allocation, metadata update using Alation API, schema cleanup and maintenance, project standards validation; for the team to help save customer efforts.
- Monitored and scheduled Dataiku jobs
- Self learned the Dataiku and Alation tools and created complete set of user guides for Alation to help users understand the tool functionalities better.
- Interacted with the Alation Vendor to track the enhancement & bugs we identified in the tool.
- Continue technical and professional development to help support customer and users.
Environment: Dataiku, Alation, Greenplum, Python
- Interacted with the Business Analysts to provide the technical requirements such as file formats, Data behavior of various source systems.
- Extensively worked on understanding the business requirements and ETL structure
- Developed High Level Technical Design specification and Low-level specifications, Impact Analysis document based on business requirements.
- Design data structures to enhance the current Master Data Management model
- Designed and developed Informatica code to extract, convert and load data for the application as per the business rules
- Involved in the full development lifecycle from Requirement gathering through Design, Build, QA, Deployment and Support using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Involved in performance tuning by collecting statistics and observing explain plan both on Informatica side and database side
- Worked on preparing unit test plans and functional validation.
- Created Workflows and used various tasks like Email, Event-wait and Event-raise, Timer, Scheduler, Control, Decision, Session in the Workflow Manager.
- Identified the Bottlenecks, removed them and implemented performance tuning logic on targets, sources, mapping, sessions to provide maximum efficiency and performance.
- Lead a team of 4 at offshore and successfully kept all the modules on schedule and first time right.
- Designed ETL solutions which can interact with MDM front end java application to enable the user to perform bulk data loads from the front end screen
Environment: Informatica 9.x, Oracle 11g, UNIX, SVN, Windows 7, VISIO
- Requirement gathering and analysis in terms of Application and Data
- Project management in terms of various technical and functional documents upgradation (which are already prepared) .
- Preparations of High Level, Low Level design and present them to client.
- Planning of testing scenarios and preparation of Test cases.
- Data analysis and modifications as per user request.
- UNIX scripting for scheduling the jobs.
- Development of jobs using the Low Level Design, object creation and maintaining dependency and consistency of code.
- Data load to datawarehouse systems and maintain the quality of data.
- Cleaning of datawarehouse, maintain the quality of data across the datawarehouse.
- Standardize the data elements within the datawarehouse according to the business rules.
- Defect and bug fixing
- Improve the performance of Datawarehousing objects, tune the objects, maintain the degree of parallelism and increase the overall throughput to load data.
- Performing Quality reviews for ETL Mappings for cross checking Standards and best practices using TCS quality standard documents.
- Undertaken Impact analysis.
- Discussions with the functional leads and client for the requirements
Environment: Informatica 7.1.3/9i, Oracle, UNIX, SVN, Windows 7, VISIO
- Analysis of the As-Is system
- Designing Testing Strategy for migration
- Resolving migration issues related to data, format and performance
- Assigning work among the team members
- Testing Reports being migrated to BO XI R2
- Creating a known error repository for repetitive issues and their solutions
- Creating user training documents
- Creating clickstreams for Load performance testing
- Developing of new reports using data providers from multiple universes
- Formatting Data to appear in Master- Detail, Cross-tab Reports.
- Scheduling of reports using Broadcast Agent
Environment: Business Objects 6.5, Business Objects XI R2, Oracle 9i, UNIX, Windows XP
- Providing LMS incremental extracts on daily basis and full extracts on weekly/monthly basis to the downstream applications.
- Automated the manual processes like: extract generation process for downstreams, extract file validation process
- Assigning work among the team members
- Generation of APC ids and clickstream for co-ordinating APC test
- Co-ordinating and planning backups and outages
- Fixing extract and data issues
- Develop new UNIX scripts
- Scheduling batch jobs through cron
- Course content management
- Provided support during the external hosting of MyLearning application on Plateau systems
Environment: Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, UNIX, Windows XP